Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl stage presence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl stage presence.  (Read 8047 times)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »

I was at the Columbus 2002 show, while he wasn't as energetic as the 88 Ritz show....he still had a ton of stage presence and seemed more involved then many of today's younger frontmen
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 11:45:27 PM »

I was at that concert and that guy is 1000% wrong! Axl totally blew me away! It was one of the greatest night of my life since this really nice guy invited me up front! Besides GNR my current obsession is the musical WICKED which I have seen 11 times and even that can't top seeing AXL live! AXL IS THE GREATEST FRONT MAN EVER!

yeah i agree, what the fuck are u guys talking about, hes still awesome. Even if his vocals were off at the VMA performance his stage presence was still amazing, same with the bootlegs i've seen, hes still got it.  Case closed.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2006, 12:05:30 AM »

When they played Toronto Canada in 2002 I thought he sounded fucking ace. Better than he ever did in the past. I did notice that he didn't move around as much,but I think that has something to do with what he wears on stage. Big jersey's with fucking long sleeve shirts underneath must be heavy. Plus his hair,and necklace ?hihi
He still has the stage presence,but doesn't run miles on stage anymore,which I think it a bit better as well.

I was there too and he dominated the stage ok I thought he ran like a fucking maniac though yes

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2006, 12:07:57 AM »

He may have slowed down at the end of the Illusion tour because he kept spraining his ankles on the ramps.  But yeah, a little movement will help the act: Dance with the mike stand a bit, a stage dive every couple of shows would totally rock!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2006, 01:32:02 AM »

I was at that concert and that guy is 1000% wrong! Axl totally blew me away! It was one of the greatest night of my life since this really nice guy invited me up front! Besides GNR my current obsession is the musical WICKED which I have seen 11 times and even that can't top seeing AXL live! AXL IS THE GREATEST FRONT MAN EVER!

yeah i agree, what the fuck are u guys talking about, hes still awesome. Even if his vocals were off at the VMA performance his stage presence was still amazing, same with the bootlegs i've seen, hes still got it.? Case closed.

No, he was pretty fucking lazy during the 2002 shows compared to his Rock in Rio III performance.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2006, 01:42:09 AM »

That is what I mean . He was very good at Rio,  isn't it logical  that you would improve your performance  the more shows you do ??   He was the opposite.    maybe it was because of the huge attendance in Brazil.  He probably saw how small the crowds were in the U.S  and said  "fuck this, I'm just going to chill  fill the arena if you want my best ". I still don't understand why he didn't leave his hair the way it was in Rio.  I hope he rocks out for real next time around   he has alot to prove.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2006, 01:59:47 AM »

Total Frickin Rubbish.  I was at the 2002 Chicago show, and Axl sounded incredible, the band was phenomenal, and the fucking crowd went wild.  There were times, when the crowd was going so wild, that it was tough to hear the band!!  That show, which can be found in parts online, was critically acclaimed!!  The fans were going nuts!! 

Way, way off the mark.  2002 Chicago show was one of GNR's best!!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 02:09:43 AM »

Total Frickin Rubbish.? I was at the 2002 Chicago show, and Axl sounded incredible, the band was phenomenal, and the fucking crowd went wild.? There were times, when the crowd was going so wild, that it was tough to hear the band!!? That show, which can be found in parts online, was critically acclaimed!!? The fans were going nuts!!?

Way, way off the mark.? 2002 Chicago show was one of GNR's best!!

In your opinion, but if you watch Axl at Rock in Rio III, and then watch him during any of the 2002 shows, it looks like two different people.

He gained weight and was out of breath often during the 2002 shows.

And as already stated on Page 1, his stage moves in 2002 were limited to "run, stop and sing, run some more".
michaelrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2006, 02:21:48 AM »

I was at the Chicago show also. Its been a couple years so I don't remember every little thing Axl did, however I can still remember during Paradise City he was running from one side of the stage to the other just going crazy. It was obviously the last song of the night and he must have been exhausted from 90 minutes of running around, but he was still doing it and PC sounded just great. I was in the upper level off to the side of the stage and everyone was standing and just going nuts. ?He had us all in awe. ?ok

Your words once spoken can place you in a faction

Chicago 2002, 2011, 2016
Nashville 2016
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2006, 02:41:37 AM »

Total Frickin Rubbish.? I was at the 2002 Chicago show, and Axl sounded incredible, the band was phenomenal, and the fucking crowd went wild.? There were times, when the crowd was going so wild, that it was tough to hear the band!!? That show, which can be found in parts online, was critically acclaimed!!? The fans were going nuts!!?

Way, way off the mark.? 2002 Chicago show was one of GNR's best!!

In your opinion, but if you watch Axl at Rock in Rio III, and then watch him during any of the 2002 shows, it looks like two different people.

He gained weight and was out of breath often during the 2002 shows.

And as already stated on Page 1, his stage moves in 2002 were limited to "run, stop and sing, run some more".

Total idioic rubbish!!  The Chicago show rocked! 
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2006, 02:50:02 AM »

Total idioic rubbish!!?

Don't bother offering a rebuttal or anything.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006, 02:55:38 AM »

Axl had a lot more room to run around in rio than the 2002 tour.
shaun
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »

A xl has stage presence - B uckethead gives presents from the stage  hihi
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 10:10:25 AM »

I think Axl had pretty good stage prescence in 02, he wasn't jumping off of Matt Sorum's drum perch, but he did his share of running around.

PS I like Axl's voice better in 2002 than it was in the old days. Someone aggree with me please!

They just thought Id know better. Better.
shaun
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

When i got to see Guns N'Roses back in 1993 at the National Bowl (open air venue) and they stormed onto stage (seconds after a helicopter had landed, just behind the stage) Axl wearing the red manson t-shit and baseball cap, it all seemed surreal. The sound was so loud, and the show was kicking, Slash was great, the theme from the god father was played to perfection and Matt Sorum with his impresive drum solo rocked. That's what i wanted, that's what the crowd got.
Out of 10 i would give the show an 11 for stage presence.

When i got to see (the new) Guns N'Roses back in 2002 at London Arena/UK it was simply ok. I could not really tell if the band were at fault or the venue. London Arena/UK is an indoors (possibly ice hockey venue) that feels like being in a warehouse with all the feeling of a hospital, it sucked. I have said i would never goto the London Arena in my life ever again. On the up side, Axl was in a good mood, Robin played well and i got to see and hear buckethead.
Out of 10 i would give the show an 7.5 for stage presence.

Eric
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »

The stage for the 2002 tour was not the same as the illusion tours-the Illusion tours, Axl kind of had more room to run-remember, it was kind of a ramp that would circle around all the way up to where the horn section was-the 2002 tour had stairs going up, so he would kind of have to be careful where he was running-he also had 1 more guitarist to look out for
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »

I think Axl still has "it". But he was wilder with the old band. He was like a beast onstage he was younger and had to proove evrything to everyone.
Today Axl has nothing to proove to anyone, he has sold over 80 or 85 million records with Guns N' Roses...you know... he succeeded. So he is sober, just more mature. He doesn't have to proove he is a "Rockstar", he is. He doesn't have to proove he is "one of the greatest frontman ever", he is.? Do you see what I mean? He has nothing to proove to anyone, anymore. He did everything he could have imagined in the music buisness. Exept breaking Michael Jackson "Thriller" record sales, I can't see what he can do more. But this is something that will never happen. Breaking "Thriller" record sales is an impossible dream, even in 100 years. It just will never happen.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 11:27:15 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2006, 02:40:19 PM »

Yeah, he doesn't have anything to prove, but it would be nice for his long suffering fans, eh?
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »

I saw him in Boston, I thought he did fine.  I bet most people feel he is "off" a bit because he walks off stage for every solo.

Wake up. . . .time to die
sofine
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 03:05:37 PM »

Stage size doesn't mean squat. ?Watch the Ritz 88 show. ?AXL is a great frontman in that show. ?he is kicking major ass.

When I saw them on the UYI tour, I thought they were all great. ?

When I saw AXL in 2002, he was disapponiting IMO, but the show was still good.

When I saw VR this past tour, I thought they were alright also. ?Nothing really special.

All the members have gone up in age. ?They don't have that type of energy as in their youth. ?They are not the same performers they used to be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: