Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rockers held back???
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rockers held back???  (Read 14824 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: March 03, 2006, 01:06:54 PM »

To anyone, like me, who believes these leaks to be purposeful I ask you the following.

So far we've heard one ballad (TWAT), and three other songs that are hard to put a label on. Sure, parts of I.R.S. and Better rock pretty hard, and CITR is reminiscent of "Yesterdays" to an extent, but we've yet to hear a straight ahead, balls out rocker of a tune since Oh, My God.

Question is, if these leaks are purposeful, do you think the true new rockers up Uncle Axl's his sleeve (ala WTTJ, YCBM, etc.) have been held back on purpose to allow us a better understanding of what this album(s) will offer. In other words, fans everywhere want to hear GN'R rock out like no other again and while Axl is sure to deliver some great rock songs, he wants us to know up front that this will not be AFD pt. 2?

That being said (err...asked) I can already see how UYIs are the bridge between the AFD days and the new days to come. UYI were peppered with great rock songs, epic ballads and some songs that went in an interesting new direction (Breakdown, Locomotive, Coma, etc.).? It already seems that CD will have many songs that are reminiscent of the latter songs I've mentioned. I, for one, certainly look forward to them, although I do hope to hear some great straight ahead rock as well!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 01:12:12 PM »

Prostitute probably is the track I would most identify with being a rocker. General sounds like another sprawling epic, as is This I Love. As for rumored songs Seven, Zodiac, and Thyme...anyone's guess.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

i sure as hell hope the rockers have been held back b/c if what we've heard is the best of the buch.....there will be a lot oif dissapointed guns fans.... Sad
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 01:17:04 PM »

To anyone, like me, who believes these leaks to be purposeful I ask you the following.

So far we've heard one ballad (TWAT), and three other songs that are hard to put a label on. Sure, parts of I.R.S. and Better rock pretty hard, and CITR is reminiscent of "Yesterdays" to an extent, but we've yet to hear a straight ahead, balls out rocker of a tune since Oh, My God.

Question is, if these leaks are purposeful, do you think the true new rockers up Uncle Axl's his sleeve (ala WTTJ, YCBM, etc.) have been held back on purpose to allow us a better understanding of what this album(s) will offer. In other words, fans everywhere want to hear GN'R rock out like no other again and while Axl is sure to deliver some great rock songs, he wants us to know up front that this will not be AFD pt. 2?

That being said (err...asked) I can already see how UYIs are the bridge between the AFD days and the new days to come. UYI were peppered with great rock songs, epic ballads and some songs that went in an interesting new direction (Breakdown, Locomotive, Coma, etc.).? It already seems that CD will have many songs that are reminiscent of the latter songs I've mentioned. I, for one, certainly look forward to them, although I do hope to hear some great straight ahead rock as well!

I consider "Better" a Rocker.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Almost Famous
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »

Even if it's all epic peices, there are enough bands out there doing the 4-minute hard rock thing. Who else is writing songs like THESE. I think it makes Axl's music all the more relevent.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »

Even if it's all epic peices, there are enough bands out there doing the 4-minute hard rock thing. Who else is writing songs like THESE. I think it makes Axl's music all the more relevent.

Totally agree. GnR is about the only band who can pull off doing CITR and Better on the same CD. Regardless of your opinion on these demos, I imagine they'll all sound much different on the CD. There should be plenty of styles for everyone to like.
SADIS
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 01:36:19 PM »

Well, I do think you've got a point there. I think he is tryin to introduce us to what we can expect.

It started with IRS, which is the closest to old skool GnR and ends with CITR which is the most far away from the old GnR. So I think these are are introductions.....and yeah I absolutely think there's much more stuff that is even more different from the old GnR.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »

Rhiad and chidem are also rockers.  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 02:14:37 PM »

Rhiad and chidem are also rockers.? Tongue

CD is a fucking shit song... Hearing that live, the whole thing is too laid back and the guitar was so boring and sloppy.. Riyad is right down there too, oh my god had some style but it wasn't memorable more of a cool song that year..

better right now to me is the only good ass kicking song, and that even is balladish at times..

I definetly don't want all songs like the twat blues maddy citr, you need something more.. Sure axl isn't 25 anymore doing afd but he can still rock with some angst ok
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

CD is a fucking shit song... Hearing that live, the whole thing is too laid back and the guitar was so boring and sloppy.. Riyad is right down there too, oh my god had some style but it wasn't memorable more of a cool song that year.

after listening to the short CD studio piece from Boston promo, I say it's a fucking rocker song ok

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »

CD is a fucking shit song... Hearing that live, the whole thing is too laid back and the guitar was so boring and sloppy.. Riyad is right down there too, oh my god had some style but it wasn't memorable more of a cool song that year.

after listening to the short CD studio piece from Boston promo, I say it's a fucking rocker song ok

I'm not saying it's not a rocker, I'm saying it's nothing special

better is by far the best overall rockers they have done, irs is the best guitar solo out of the entire lot ok

I think the ballads exceed the rockers so far
benchiefjr
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 02:28:51 PM »

Prostitute probably is the track I would most identify with being a rocker. General sounds like another sprawling epic, as is This I Love. As for rumored songs Seven, Zodiac, and Thyme...anyone's guess.
Purely speculation, I assume  Grin
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »

CD is a fucking shit song... Hearing that live, the whole thing is too laid back and the guitar was so boring and sloppy.. Riyad is right down there too, oh my god had some style but it wasn't memorable more of a cool song that year..

That is YOUR input on the songs.
I love chidem and I absolutely ADORE Rhyad. Other do too, like voodoochild from Brazil.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 02:32:27 PM »

That is YOUR input on the songs.
I love chidem and I absolutely ADORE Rhyad. Other do too, like voodoochild from Brazil.

yes it is my opinion.... I always listen to the one on the fan made vids? robin's play is very boring n sloppy ,the solo stinks.. I'll say the song has a really cool opening otherwise not for me.. Riyad I don't think axl carries of his whale alla zepplin.. Sounds out off his range to me

I'm glad you two love the songs
EccoTides
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »

I'm sure there's a few excellent rockers yet to be revealed. At least OMG and Rhiad proved that this band can get really aggressive.

As for CD, the song itself... I'm really hoping that they've got something else lined up for the title track. It's really the only tune that I've been really disappointed with.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »

sure they can get aggressive but it sounded like a jumbled mess;

Mike's right, it's gonna be more ballad than rocker

Someone mentioned Coma, Locomotive, and Breakdown.......have yet to hear guitar playing up to that level yet and I'm listening to Breakdown right now.....

I'd call the above 3 epic rockers....rather than straight out rockers like all AFD

Persoanlly my favorites of the new stuff are IRS, TWAT, and Better.......the rest is forgettable
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 03:40:21 PM »

Im waiting for "Suckerpunched."

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 03:41:25 PM »

Im waiting for "Suckerpunched."
Dont hold your breath.

Olorin
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 03:49:39 PM »

Didnt the strip club dude say he was suprised how heavy the stuff Axl played was? I wouldnt worry about it, there will be no doubt something there for everyone.
I very much doubt Axl has spent the last 10 years feeling all soulful and writing ballads, he will have been in fucking raging overdrive at perioids and hopefully he will have captured some that with music.
Although, it was the collective group of the original GN'R who came up with the badass licks and the don't give a fuck swaggering musical mayhem. I think its up to the musicians who worked with Axl on this project, who would come up with the licks.
I wish Zak Wild had given it a go.
I think the finished IRS will rock pretty hard.
I had Oh My God on the end of a mini disc that was on in my car and it came blasting out unexpectedly, that tune sure as hell rocks, I was driving like a maniac!! Angry
EccoTides
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 04:33:55 PM »

Damn right it does. The mix might be spotty, but OMG rocks hard - Especially while driving. Axl went a little overboard with the sound effects, but at it's core, it's a rocker for sure.

Lyrically it's also a gem - One of Axl's finest moments.  ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: