Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:13:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Reviewing Rules
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Reviewing Rules  (Read 17998 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 03:37:52 PM »

But i disagree with not being able to compare to original albums, as the name is still guns n roses, this isnt a debut, this a follow up.

A follow up...? It's different people making the music - how can you compare...?

Do you compare Bon Jovi's last album to... say...Aerosmiths' first album..? No. Why? Because it's different people making the music.

The name is just a name. It didn't make the music. It can't. It's just words. Words don't play guitar.

That's what Axl got to use to if he uses GNR name.
I agree it must be compared, if this is GNR I will compare, it's natural.

//JK
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 05:05:14 PM »

This album could be cows farting for an hour and id STILL say it was the best cd id ever heard.

poop
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 05:06:25 PM »

This album could be cows farting for an hour and id STILL say it was the best cd id ever heard.

hahahaha...very funny.. but oh so true

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 05:06:47 PM »

cows farting are very intruiging

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 05:08:29 PM »

lol imagine that, we're waiting 10 years for the return of rock and all we get is cows farting..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »

lmao....id outfart any cow  smoking

html sucks
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

lmao....id outfart any cow? smoking

prove it

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 02:58:16 AM »

You are really that closed minded? Damn. Mental note made to skip over your posts in the upcoming "Post your CD review" thread.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2006, 03:13:46 AM »

Sir, yes Sir!!

that fucking line made me laugh so hard, like he was barking out the strict rules of how to approach the reviewing of these tunes rofl rofl hihi hihi
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 04:10:54 AM »

Chinese Democracy Reviewing Rules:

1) Don't judge on the time taken to make the songs.

This is going to be the biggest point critics' are going to make..."this is what we get after ten years!". It's totally stupid. No one knows how much time was actually spent on the individual songs or the album as a whole. I've heard timespans of five years, ten years and even fifteen years! "There Was A Time" could have been written in two years or it could have been written in a week - no one but the band knows. Also, just because Axl has not released anything major in ten years does not mean he has spent every single second working on this record.

2) Don't judge the album expecting/wanting to hear 'classic' GN'R

This is a completely different band to 'classic GNR', as we have heard. Even though it's called Guns N' Roses, judge it as if it wasn't...

3) Don't compare the new tunes to the classic ones.

Different band = different music

4) Admit to liking the songs!

If you like the songs, say so. Don't grumble about them being "...umm...okay...not too bad...", or hide your love for them because you're an old-school fan and you don't believe the new band is Guns N Roses.

5) Don't jump on the bandwagon

I gaurantee you, when the album is released a lot of critics are going to poison your mind with their blinkered view of Axl Rose. Don't fall for it...! Even the ones who shoot down Axl the most are probably secretly rocking out to "TWAT" with their "Chinese Democracy" t-shirts on...! Don't be like these critics - who have to censor what they say to please the taste of their emo-loving editors - instead, be like Axl Rose and have some balls!

OMG, HTGTH has become a stalinist propaganda site? Is this the Kominform?  nervous

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2006, 05:25:23 AM »

This is going to be the biggest point critics' are going to make..."this is what we get after ten years!". It's totally stupid. No one knows how much time was actually spent on the individual songs or the album as a whole. I've heard timespans of five years, ten years and even fifteen years! "There Was A Time" could have been written in two years or it could have been written in a week - no one but the band knows. Also, just because Axl has not released anything major in ten years does not mean he has spent every single second working on this record.

This is a completely different band to 'classic GNR', as we have heard. Even though it's called Guns N' Roses, judge it as if it wasn't...

If you like the songs, say so. Don't grumble about them being "...umm...okay...not too bad...", or hide your love for them because you're an old-school fan and you don't believe the new band is Guns N Roses.

I gaurantee you, when the album is released a lot of critics are going to poison your mind with their blinkered view of Axl Rose. Don't fall for it...! Even the ones who shoot down Axl the most are probably secretly rocking out to "TWAT" with their "Chinese Democracy" t-shirts on...! Don't be like these critics - who have to censor what they say to please the taste of their emo-loving editors - instead, be like Axl Rose and have some balls!

OMG, HTGTH has become a stalinist propaganda site? Is this the Kominform?  nervous

exactly, this is ridiculous Grin

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2006, 06:20:54 AM »

I think another point should be that people must be entitled to their own opinions. Too often, people are slammed just because they dislike a new song etc. Honesty is good and if we want to know what people think of Chinese Democracy we have to listen & consider their point of view. G&R fans can't all destroy others and make excuses for them not liking it i.e. He has it in for Axl.

There's not anymore that I can do...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2006, 09:59:04 AM »

So far I've heard 10 tracks from the new GnR, and on a scale of 1-10, i'd give the new stuff a

3/10

as in, i've liked thre of the 10 tracks I heard

how's that for adhering to the rules (which are ridiculous)
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »

Bandwagon = the metaphorical thing people jump on when they don't share the same opinions as YOU.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Elrothiel
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »

Hell yes!!
hihi I woulda written all that (or something akin) if I hadn't been so dog tired from stayin' up all night again last night and then having to get up early to have a driving lesson... hihi
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

Hell yes!!
hihi I woulda written all that (or something akin) if I hadn't been so dog tired from stayin' up all night again last night and then having to get up early to have a driving lesson... hihi

Driving lesson? Peg some poor pedestrian for me!

On topic, the key to reviewing CD is going to be to review the songs by themselves and block out all the BS surrounding the CD. But that's not going to happen in a lot of cases for mainstream critics, because they sell more papers/magazines/rags by taking potshots.

Putting oneself in the headline is the easiest way to gain attention, and a lot of shoddy journalists do it.
Elrothiel
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »

rofl I would have run over a couple of stupid chavs that ran across the road right in front of me, but my driving instructor slammed on the brakes, so I blasted the horn and yelled "YOU MOTHERFUCKIN' STUPID CHAV FUCKHEADS!!" out the window at them... hihi

Back on topic.... the critics better not bring out the whole predictable bullshit about "oooh this albums been in the making for 13 years!! WHY haven't we got 100 songs? WHY haven't we got this, that and his dog!? blah blah blah yaddayadda BULLSHIT!" or else I'm going to march down there with my New Rocks on and kick every critic's nuts in there! And if their female, get into a good old fashioned catfight! ok
EccoTides
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

So when did they stop being Guns N' Roses?
After Steven Adler was gone?
After Izzy Stradlin was gone?
After Slash was gone?
After Duff was gone?
Huh

Indeed. I look at the UYI/TSI lineup as a totally different band than the one that recorded AFD - And it was. The vibe and dynamic was very different and not as cohesive. I hate how just because Slash and Duff were still around, no one cares that two members of the band had been replaced.

For that very reason, I think that the "Chinese Democracy" version of the band deserves the GNR name just as much as the band that recorded UYI and TSI. But this time, for the better - As I think that the CD project is already a far more interesting and musically dynamic thing than the UYI's were.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2006, 04:55:19 PM »

cows farting are very intruiging

Oddly enough cows farting is a bigger source of air pollution than you may think. Seriously.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2006, 04:56:54 PM »

Oddly enough cows farting is a bigger source of air pollution than you may think. Seriously.
Thats what killed the dinosaurs.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: