Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Playing Poland?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Playing Poland?  (Read 10413 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 03:40:43 PM »

The squirrels of truth

They live in a bucket in my garden. They know everything.

I occassionally shoot those as a hobby...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »

The squirrels of truth

They live in a bucket in my garden. They know everything.

I occassionally shoot those as a hobby...

Shoot 'em down!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »

Well, if more things are coming up as far as tour dates/festivals being announced, March could be a very exciting month.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 04:19:34 PM »

mysteron?

Warsaw is a confirmed date.

ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 04:36:06 PM »

Mysteron, why don't you just find out all the dates and tell us..?

Do what we pay you for.  beer

They are still being booked  hihi

any idea how long they plan on touring europe?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 04:56:09 PM »

Mysteron, why don't you just find out all the dates and tell us..?

Do what we pay you for.  beer

They are still being booked  hihi

That's good to know!

It's a shame that they are far to come to Brazil...right? Roll Eyes

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 05:04:26 PM »

why only the weird countries get announced?? Tongue

C'mon.....go Netherlands Guns! Cheesy

The rumors of guns playing at arrow rock turned out not to be true Cry, the line up for the extra festival date was anounced today, although it is a pretty cool line up(Roger waters, whitesnake, deep purple etc..) the chances of guns playing here have become pretty slim Undecided
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 05:11:06 PM by Grouse » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »

If they're playing Europe, they play other countries as well, like Paris or the Asia.

I expect Asia is next; dare I say that CD will be released when GnR does a Hong Kong show?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 06:25:56 PM »

If they're playing Europe, they play other countries as well, like Paris or the Asia.

Why doesn't anyone else get this joke?  hihi

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
badapple81
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 06:30:44 PM »

It appears that Guns are adding? more dates... That's nice. If only they'd come a bit closer (to where I live) also.

At least you're on the same continent  Tongue
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 06:38:51 PM »

Hope Axl shares the recipe for ice cubes when he plays there  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 06:51:37 PM »

Does anyone notice, how much more organized it seems compared to 2002?? I think in 2001/2002 when Doug Goldstein was ill, and stepped down as mgr. and Merck stepped in, they really did not have time to get fully organized.? Moreover, the marketing, and the way the tour was rolled out, was basically using a stale late 80's/90's business model.? It seems now, mgt. is using the internet far more efficiently, has become familiar again with "un-staged/underground" marketing (impromptu events--The Stereo listening party), and is booking the initial stages of a most likely world tour in the right area and during the right season:? Europe in summer.? I think the plan is to unroll the live concept in Europe, release a kick ass product, and use underground marketing to make demand unbearable for the GNR product when they touch down again in NY/USA!!! beer

I would imagine, the U.S. dates will be in major markets only this time around:? Chicago, NY, Miami, LA, Vegas, Boston, San Fran, Philly, Seatle, Dallas, Phoenix, and few others I am leaving out.? But, only the major markets.? I don't expect to see Fargo, Nampa, the Quad Cities, Gulfport, Tampa,? showing up again, at least for a few years.  Heck, if I was GNR, I would only play about six shows in the U.S.--and make them like a festival deal, on weekends where us fans can travel in clans, and take over a city.  Maybe do a Friday/Saturday in New York (Friday at the Ritz, Saturday at MSG).  Same in Chicago (do the Aragon, and then United Center), Vegas (Hard Rock, and then a larger arena), Miami, and L.A.   All on weekends.  I think this would be a wise way to drive up the exclusivity and demand for the product.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 06:56:09 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

I don't see how much more organized it seems.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »

I don't see how much more organized it seems.

Well, it seems there is more of a plan---events coinciding, and an ongoing build-up to the album release.  Moreover, I can't put my finger on it, but there was something wrong with the 2002 tour from the get-go!  The way it was announced, rolled out, the places they were playing, out of touch expectations, etc.  The main problem was, I think, the expectations for the 2002 tour.  Heck, my neighbor who is a regualr Joe Scmoe could have told people that GNR would not sell out Nampa, ID or Fargo,  N.D.  Also, opening in Vancouver and Tacoma, is not a way to get high publicity for a tour.  And well, there was no new music and album dangling out there.  It was stale from the start--I could feel it the night it was rolled out.  There is an underground wave of excitement building this time around.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »

The ball keeps gettin bigger and bigger.. Hopefully something huge happens soon. They need to strike with all this buzz about GnR.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 07:15:36 PM »

Does anyone notice, how much more organized it seems compared to 2002?? I think in 2001/2002 when Doug Goldstein was ill, and stepped down as mgr. and Merck stepped in, they really did not have time to get fully organized.? Moreover, the marketing, and the way the tour was rolled out, was basically using a stale late 80's/90's business model.? It seems now, mgt. is using the internet far more efficiently, has become familiar again with "un-staged/underground" marketing (impromptu events--The Stereo listening party), and is booking the initial stages of a most likely world tour in the right area and during the right season:? Europe in summer.? I think the plan is to unroll the live concept in Europe, release a kick ass product, and use underground marketing to make demand unbearable for the GNR product when they touch down again in NY/USA!!! beer

I would imagine, the U.S. dates will be in major markets only this time around:? Chicago, NY, Miami, LA, Vegas, Boston, San Fran, Philly, Seatle, Dallas, Phoenix, and few others I am leaving out.? But, only the major markets.? I don't expect to see Fargo, Nampa, the Quad Cities, Gulfport, Tampa,? showing up again, at least for a few years.? Heck, if I was GNR, I would only play about six shows in the U.S.--and make them like a festival deal, on weekends where us fans can travel in clans, and take over a city.? Maybe do a Friday/Saturday in New York (Friday at the Ritz, Saturday at MSG).? Same in Chicago (do the Aragon, and then United Center), Vegas (Hard Rock, and then a larger arena), Miami, and L.A.? ?All on weekends.? I think this would be a wise way to drive up the exclusivity and demand for the product.

I hope they play Tampa! Axl left me hanging in 02.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 07:19:59 PM »

I would imagine, the U.S. dates will be in major markets only this time around:? Chicago, NY, Miami, LA, Vegas, Boston, San Fran, Philly, Seatle, Dallas, Phoenix, and few others I am leaving out.? But, only the major markets.? I don't expect to see Fargo, Nampa, the Quad Cities, Gulfport, Tampa,? showing up again, at least for a few years.? Heck, if I was GNR, I would only play about six shows in the U.S.--and make them like a festival deal, on weekends where us fans can travel in clans, and take over a city.? Maybe do a Friday/Saturday in New York (Friday at the Ritz, Saturday at MSG).? Same in Chicago (do the Aragon, and then United Center), Vegas (Hard Rock, and then a larger arena), Miami, and L.A.? ?All on weekends.? I think this would be a wise way to drive up the exclusivity and demand for the product.

I hope they play Tampa! Axl left me hanging in 02.

I know how you feel, the market I am in is similar in population to Tampa.  I hope, if they do play these markets, they book theatres or auditoriums in the smaller metro markets.  Stadiums, unless sold out, are lame!  I would way rather see GNR, at a venue with phenomenal accoustics, in front of 3000 die hard fans, and an intimate setting.
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 11:20:19 PM »

I just hope, if they keep the festival thing going in the states, they play voodoofest in New Orleans!

The Devil hates a loser
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2006, 02:13:01 AM »

i work with a polish guy and told him guns might be playing and he told me that poland wouldn't want axl cos he once said he'd never play for jews or the polish.......anyone know if this is true?

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2006, 02:18:25 AM »

He played in Israel...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: