Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc  (Read 6047 times)
steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2006, 02:50:57 PM »

I just dont understand why you people want so bad GNR to appeal to this younger audience... I personally dont want 13 years girls listening to GNR and going to concerts just to scream for Axl...

Just take a look at U2, they?re the biggest band in the world and dont appeal to teenagers

Thank god for a brain!
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2006, 08:25:54 PM »

I was 14 yrs old when I first got into the original GN'R back in 1992 and started listening to "real" music aside ftom top 40 crap, and I've been a rock n' roll fan ever since, so I'm sure it could happen with a whole new younger generation. ok

I was around the same age (12) when I started lovin GNR and turned away from janet jackson + milli vanilli (circa 1992)...I think pre-teen/teen is an important age when your taste in music is more defined, and you become more sensitive to music...everything is more extreme as a teenager--so basically if the teens can relate to the music, they will like it.  As for the bubble gum pop, that stuff will always be more popular w/ the teens, but what does it matter anyways?  With every reincarnation of gnr, a new generation of fans are "born"--yet I doubt there will be as many teen fans just bc they can relate to the "younger" pop/psuedo rock stars.  But, it would be neat to see the youngins loving the music, but imo all that matters is if I like it Smiley

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2006, 09:21:49 PM »

i dissagre with the rock never taking over hip hop thing. i think that rock will match hip hop soon. its just at the moment there is no good rock. exceptions like silvertide, VR, Buckcherry a few other bands that dont scream in to the mic with no vocial tallent. but rock realy sucks now a days. everyone is trying to make good music but none of them are good enough. but i can see a change in the rock world all ready starting. people dont like new bands, teenagers listen to old music now. realy rock n roll. GNR zeppelin the stones. people dont like new shit. people are sick of music thats seriuse and abput how much some one loves each other. or how much they want to kill some one which lets face it girls dont want to here and guys listen to what the girls want to here or think is bad ass. not crazy bad like slipknot but like buck cherry bad. girls like the song crazy bitch. they cant belive the attitude and lyrics. and the song just sounds good. but blink 182 is pussy music. chick want a bad ass not nickelback. rap talks about sex drugs and rap. rock doesnt talk about sex drugs n rock n roll. theres a problem there. girls like bad ass style music which new age isnt and guys want the girls and rock n roll is just perfect. there is a big change in the attitude and style. id know im a teenager. 19. im in to alot of underground stuff and i know alot off girls and guys in bands. no one plays new age. only old school attitude music. and the music comeing out of these bands has attitude. but its still years till a change in the sound happens. we went from rock n roll to heavey metal. to grundge. lol grundge is sisy music. play a grunge song and the girls leave the party, i know from experience. know wonder koban was depressed. he got no ass.  rock will never die. and nither rap or rock with surpass each other. raps bigger now becouse the songs rock is riding on are 70 - 80% old songs. people need new gnr style. motley crue and even foghat or zeppelin style bands. but to say rock is dead lol never happen. zeppelin will keep rock alive even if there is no other rock band people want to here.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

i dissagre with the rock never taking over hip hop thing. i think that rock will match hip hop soon. its just at the moment there is no good rock. exceptions like silvertide, VR, Buckcherry a few other bands that dont scream in to the mic with no vocial tallent. but rock realy sucks now a days. everyone is trying to make good music but none of them are good enough. but i can see a change in the rock world all ready starting. people dont like new bands, teenagers listen to old music now. realy rock n roll. GNR zeppelin the stones. people dont like new shit. people are sick of music thats seriuse and abput how much some one loves each other. or how much they want to kill some one which lets face it girls dont want to here and guys listen to what the girls want to here or think is bad ass. not crazy bad like slipknot but like buck cherry bad. girls like the song crazy bitch. they cant belive the attitude and lyrics. and the song just sounds good. but blink 182 is pussy music. chick want a bad ass not nickelback. rap talks about sex drugs and rap. rock doesnt talk about sex drugs n rock n roll. theres a problem there. girls like bad ass style music which new age isnt and guys want the girls and rock n roll is just perfect. there is a big change in the attitude and style. id know im a teenager. 19. im in to alot of underground stuff and i know alot off girls and guys in bands. no one plays new age. only old school attitude music. and the music comeing out of these bands has attitude. but its still years till a change in the sound happens. we went from rock n roll to heavey metal. to grundge. lol grundge is sisy music. play a grunge song and the girls leave the party, i know from experience. know wonder koban was depressed. he got no ass. rock will never die. and nither rap or rock with surpass each other. raps bigger now becouse the songs rock is riding on are 70 - 80% old songs. people need new gnr style. motley crue and even foghat or zeppelin style bands. but to say rock is dead lol never happen. zeppelin will keep rock alive even if there is no other rock band people want to here.

I just finished reading this and my head hurts  Cry

Girls leave parties... Rap being about sex and drugs... 70 -  80%...  People don't want to hear serious music...  I need an asprin...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2006, 02:06:08 AM »

Just take a look at U2, they?re the biggest band in the world and dont appeal to teenagers

That's not necessarily true. U2 has a massive audience and although I don't think their main fan base is teenagers, there is certainly a definite fan base for that age group, at least the teens that I know.
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2006, 04:30:32 PM »

My mom used to love GNR so I grew up loving them too. I mean she used to play their songs, sing and read the lyrics to me since I was a baby. They were, and still are a big part of everything I am. Then my sister came..... she's 7 years younger than me and I'm gonna be 21 in May. She loves them too but there are a few thing she doesnt get yet.... she'll learn that stuff as she gets older. There are a LOT of sex and drugs reference that you just realize and think about them as you go through simmilar experiences.
And her friends, most of them don't even know GNR. And the few that do, have almost no idea how HUGE they were once.
And I'm curious to see how they're gonna deal with the new songs. I hope they treat it well and don't make it into a pop culture item. Roll Eyes
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2006, 04:45:45 PM »

And her friends, most of them don't even know GNR. And the few that do, have almost no idea how HUGE they were once.

Most of them? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was none of them. How do you expect a 7 year old living in our society to know who they are?
It's 1 in a million.
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

i can tell you this when i went to see avenged sevenfold a few weeks ago , they started playing paradise city & they crowd went crazy, & it was a young crowd. also if mtv & mainstream radio play the new stuff the kids will like it. it's sad to say but thats who runs a majority of what people listen to. & with hot topic selling gn'r stuff (which they sell alot of it). kids know who this band is &  now it's sadly up to mtv & the radio to jam the new stuff down there throats. (which i hope they do)
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2006, 05:17:11 PM »

Actually my sister is gonna be 14 soon..... I said she's 7 years younger than me  ok
And I don't know about where you live but I'm from Brazil... and my american husband, while living here in Brazil with me told me that he was impressed that people here used to talk about GNR and play their songs a lot more than they do in the US.
Maybe that's why some of her friends do know who GNR is... but are not old enough (or maybe don't care enough) to understand the complexity of the lyrics as well as we do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: