Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc  (Read 6099 times)
avesia
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 06:45:25 PM »

besides the girls aren't gonna cream their panties over a man in his 40's

I would!!!!! Grin

ooops...sorry...guess you were talking about 14 years old girls... Lips Sealed
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »

Yes, thank you....Fall Out Boy.? That's the mentality we are dealing with here, white middle class (possibly upper) boys playing mediocre garage rock.? Reality shows, where models line up to be a "Rock Star".? Kids today really don't know about people really making sacrifices to be in a band because they love music that much.? Hip Hop stars have all the glamour and street cred and really? they deserve it, they're the only ones doing it and not giving a fuck these days.?

IMO, rock music was somewhat crippled in the early nineties, by the rock media, lots of great bands yes, but everything became completely politically correct and then it all went down the toilet and has yet to recover.?

Something becomes popular and all of a sudden you get every man and his dog doing it, which is fine if they are good at it, but you start to get watered down pop rock.
I think the same has happened with Hip Hop wherein many 'gangsters' or whatever are just rapping about having lots of money and hot chicks. Booooooooring.

Personally I think Guns can bring back the old school rock into mainstream. People know enough to know who Axl Rose is, they just need to be reminded. The kids, well, they'll like anything thats cool or popular right. And we dont need Britney fans. Yuck.
Their first single needs to be something radio friendly, nothing epic. Something like Better (minus the industrial stuff...) or CD. Then once they have everyones attention they can bring out the epics etc.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »

I doubt these fans will change their style much.? There are plenty of pop-rock bands that could have already - besides the girls aren't gonna cream their panties over a man in his 40's

This is a good point. Damn those pop-rock bands. People need to be reminded of what ROCK actually is. Guns will make all those crappy bands eat their designer torn jeans.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 07:57:55 PM »

I'm not gonna suppose anything,I wouldn't wanna be 14 again,but yeah,my nephew likes the new GN'R stuff and the old stuff as well,and he's 14 yes

I started listening to the old stuff when I was like 10-11.
teens these days are just whimps hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 08:05:21 PM »

I have a 3 months old god-daughter who LOVES Paradise City...does that count?!?

Elrothiel
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2006, 11:15:15 PM »

besides the girls aren't gonna cream their panties over a man in his 40's

I WOULD!!! ( I know you're talkin' about 14 year old girls, but I had to say that anyway... just for the hell of it!)

And I showed my BF's little girl cousins, who are 4, 8, and 9 years old, my Gn'R Lies CD, and now they run around doing Axl impersonations! Grin One of them has now taken to wearing bandanas... hihi
Slushead
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2006, 12:50:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure a 14 years old kid who loves Gwen Stefani, Britney, 50 Cents, Eminem, etc... won't like those GNR songs.

But a 14 years old kid who listen to Green Day, System of a Down, Sum 41, Avenged Sevenfold, and other "modern rock" bands will like it.

Back in the 80's, people who loved Motley Crue, Poison, Metallica, Megadeth and other rock bands of that time loved GNR.

But people who were into Madonna, Michael Jackson, Salt N' Peppa, etc... weren't into GNR. People into rock music tend to like rock music and are into what's new and like to discover new things. But people into pop music are more "closed minded" in my opinion and if it doesn't sound like everything they listen to, they won't like it.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 01:13:38 AM »

I wouldn't go comparing sum 41 etc to GnR. And I don't think I'd group Eminem with the likes of Gwen, Britney and even 50 cent. He's in a league of his own, and him and Axl both share that bad boy persona.? drool

It?s hard to tell how the current climate of pop rock is going to tip the scales. It?s either going to have paved the way for good rock to make a comeback, as people may already be accustomed? to that style, or it will have softened people so much that anything heavier than Blink 182 and Avril will send them screaming with their ear drums bleeding.

I think they have the potential to do very well with the alt. crowd who realise pop music stinks, the crowd that will be at all these festivals, who know who GnR are, as there is still the odd excellent rock band out there. I'm repeating what other people have already said. nervous
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:21:07 AM by snow white » Logged
Slushead
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2006, 01:18:22 AM »

I wouldn't go comparing sum 41 etc to GnR.
I don't know if you heard the two last albums, but it's pure rock n' roll largely inspired by Iron Maiden and Metallica.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 01:20:22 AM »

Point taken. I'll be quiet...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2006, 10:00:53 AM »

when i was 14-15, my musical life was Appetite for Destruction Grin
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2006, 10:57:19 PM »

I have a 3 months old god-daughter who LOVES Paradise City...does that count?!?

That is fucking  hilarious!
GNR lives and has a future!!!
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »

Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc. Put yourself inside the mind of a child like this (maybe you have a brother or sister of that age and you know more or less what they think)

Do these GN'R leaked tracks have a chance of blowing their minds? Do you think that a 14 years old child can be impressed with this new line up, to the point to buy the album? Has this lineup more chances to succed in the younger people than the old lineup?

I ask this because my little sister doesn't know a shit about GNR and she thinks that these new tracks are definitly BETTER than the old classics. I think she says that because the old band sounds ''too agressive'' for people of her age, and that has sense, because the heaviest music that she heard in her life was ''System Of A Down''? rofl

What do you think? Can this new music be more ''digestible'' to younger people?

I made a CD with the new tracks for my 9 year old son and he seems to like them. I keep catching him singing T.W.A.T. & Better.

He listens to Usher and Justin Timberlake and all that other crap so there is hope (for him and the new songs  rofl )

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2006, 01:28:30 PM »

she thinks that these new tracks are definitly BETTER than the old classics.

Sorry but I must agree with her although I like the old classics. Tell her she's got a keen ear.  ok Seemingly age tends to dull a good ear. Tongue
And tell your boy the same, neon 2002. beer
Axl S
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2006, 02:01:47 PM »

I am fourteen and I personally think msot pop music sucks. I have liked Guns N' Roses and sicne then have bought Appetie for Destruction, the Greatest Hits thing and the Use You Ilusion tour in tokyo dvd. I also lsiten to metallica, iron maiden etc... lots of old stuff.
howevr i also lsiten to some enw stuff such as Green Day and stuff.I also love Killswitch Engage. I am more or less open to most of the side branches of rock. Some of the tracks they will like, especially any that are considered emo sounding(i don't think any tracks are btu no doubt some will. there are however soem who focus on dance music and rap/hip hop who have no hope of liking this stuff because as soona s they hear a drum kit or guitar solo they say it's shit. There are afew of these people who might liek the tracks( I met one who liked Alice Cooper so that's something). Chiense Democracy will gain a following of rock fans, all round msuic lovers and a small ammount of rap/rn'b/dance lovers. GN'R look set to appeal to a lot of people.
steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2006, 02:07:35 PM »

The only 14 y/o kids listening to rock nowadyas are the misfits/outcasts ... don't expect that to be a hugh crown point, it's not gonna happen.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2006, 02:09:03 PM »

I'm 15 and my musical life is nowhere near Gwen (don't even know who he/she is), Britney, Hip hop...

I actually prefer the old tracks. Although I did find TWAT brilliant, and I didn't like Better that much.
steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »

mmmmmmmmm 15

KIDDDING!
steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

I like cock anyway
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2006, 02:49:20 PM »

I just dont understand why you people want so bad GNR to appeal to this younger audience... I personally dont want 13 years girls listening to GNR and going to concerts just to scream for Axl...

Just take a look at U2, they?re the biggest band in the world and dont appeal to teenagers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: