Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc  (Read 6097 times)
gunner mad
Headliner

Hell was full ..so i came BACK

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:38 AM »

i have 3 sons one is 6 one is 11 and the eldest 12 .the 12 year old is a R&B fan (any thing i play sucks  Undecided) the 11 year old is a mini me and the 6 year old just likes to beat the shit outa me  Cry but they all wanna hear T.W.A.T they love it the 12 year old has even asked if he can come with me to Dublin Shocked so i think GN'R have hit on summit with this one
p.s R&B SUCKS  Grin Grin rofl
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »

i'm 15 so its not hard for me 2 be 14. I've liked GN'R for 2 years now. and i think it will be appreciated enough for the album to be bought.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 09:36:40 AM »

i have 3 sons one is 6 one is 11 and the eldest 12 .the 12 year old is a R&B fan (any thing i play sucks? Undecided) the 11 year old is a mini me and the 6 year old just likes to beat the shit outa me? Cry but they all wanna hear T.W.A.T they love it the 12 year old has even asked if he can come with me to Dublin Shocked so i think GN'R have hit on summit with this one
p.s R&B SUCKS? Grin Grin rofl
i was just about to post and tell you about my brothers 3 sons but he already beat me to it? hihi beer

EDIT:an i was gonna borrow you my mp3 player but now u stole my post. hihi
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 09:38:37 AM by MR W,AXL ROSE » Logged

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 11:01:56 AM »

honestly I doubt it...only songs like Better will do well...but in terms of the epics, I highly doubt it. ALl my friends would never sit down and enjoy a song like TWAT or Catcher....kids my age dont appreciate lyrics as much unless its a rap song....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 11:10:43 AM »

No.  Kids today don't know anything about rock music.  I don't mean to be insulting, but it's truth.  When we grew up in the seventies and eighties, the rock culture was everywhere, you didn't have to go looking for it. 

I'm sure Axl's record will inspire some younger people and bands and maybe make rock a little more accessible again, but the full impact of it won't be felt for quite a while. 
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »

I am 14 and my musical life is gn'r vr gilby clarke izzy stradlin etc.
I actually havn't heard the leaked tracks so i can't tell you what my peers would think
most people who like gn'r are the guitar players, well half like the classic stuff and half like emo.
If I get the songs i can tell you what my peers will think. but ost people liek falloutboy and shit like that
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 05:53:40 PM by Sukie » Logged

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 11:27:32 AM »

Yes, thank you....Fall Out Boy.  That's the mentality we are dealing with here, white middle class (possibly upper) boys playing mediocre garage rock.  Reality shows, where models line up to be a "Rock Star".  Kids today really don't know about people really making sacrifices to be in a band because they love music that much.  Hip Hop stars have all the glamour and street cred and really? they deserve it, they're the only ones doing it and not giving a fuck these days. 

IMO, rock music was somewhat crippled in the early nineties, by the rock media, lots of great bands yes, but everything became completely politically correct and then it all went down the toilet and has yet to recover. 
cd06
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 11:29:15 AM »

for sure, i tried a little expiriment with this, i am fourteen and i have a lot of friends that like hip hop and rap, same age as me, all of them girls, they liekd no other music besides hip hop or rap either. I put all of the new songs on a cd and gave it to them, i am talking about eight different hip hop loving fourteen year old girls here, every one of them liked the songs a lot, mainly the song "Better"  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 11:41:57 AM »

kids my age dont appreciate lyrics as much unless its a rap song...

Seeing as how GNR or many bands have been popular among non English speakers, that wouldn't matter much.

I'd say the people without shitty dogmas like how RN'R should be, how GN'R should be blah blah blah will hear the music for what it is. CD will be loved by lots of such 14 yr olds in a different way than Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc.
Elrothiel
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 02:29:22 PM »

My little brother is 14 years old, has been playing guitar for 3 years, and LOVES Gn'R, Metallica, Sabbath, Maiden, Led Zep, Pantera, BLS, and basically everything I love... I'm happy... I got him into rock... When he was 11 he used to be a little rap obsessor... he loved listening to Eminem and 50 Cent. Now he's a 100% total rockhead... Grin

In my opinion... my brother is a better guitarist than Buckethead... hihi peace And when he plays he looks like Jimmy Page... hihi
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »

kanya west himself admitted at an awards preshow that he couldn't sing. hiphop/rap is nothing more than talking in an accent. A monkey could be tought to sing this no talent crap.

Wow, you're very ignoraint.  I don't like rap at all, but I acknowledge the talent in it.  I'd like to see you put togeather the rhymes and still say in sync with the beat.  Like I said I don't like it at all, but to assume that anyone can do it and there's no talent behind it is just plain stupidity

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »

I think some kids that age may like the record,and they may not.
All I know is,I was 7 years old when I first heard Paradise City,and I got my parents to buy me AFD. At the time kids were in to total shit,I don't even consider music. Here I am at 20 still loving these tunes.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

kanya west himself admitted at an awards preshow that he couldn't sing. hiphop/rap is nothing more than talking in an accent. A monkey could be tought to sing this no talent crap.

Wow, you're very ignoraint.  I don't like rap at all, but I acknowledge the talent in it.  I'd like to see you put togeather the rhymes and still say in sync with the beat.  Like I said I don't like it at all, but to assume that anyone can do it and there's no talent behind it is just plain stupidity

I have done it. Have a nice day.   Roll Eyes
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 06:21:55 PM »

Most teens I know view Axl Rose as some kind of "Jim Morrison" meets George Lucas character symbolic of when music was dangerous. At a minimum they're curious about him. If the music is good... he's got a chance. He11 if Jim Morrison (obviously not possible) had come back when I was 14 and he was rockin' out with some great songs I would have been going crazy... not yelling "Go home gramps!" at his concerts... peace
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:23:53 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »

^^^Morrison also had a movie and an amazing performance by Val Kilmer to help him out Smiley

Who would play Axl in a movie???  Hmm, JBJ is an actor isn't he? hahahah  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »

HAHA. Good point Hana. I also stole your Star Wars reference too (re: George Lucas). rofl

And just to take your SW analogy to the max... how about Hayden Christensen for Axl? Tongue

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 06:29:41 PM »

JBJ?!? rofl rofl rofl rofl

That KILLS ME!! Imagine his agent calling him up....

Agent: "Johny baby... I've got a great new role that is going to catapault your career!"
JBJ: Awesome man! What is it?
Agent: Axl Rose..........
Agent: Hello?
Agent: Hello?
JBJ:  rant rant rant rant crying crying crying

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 06:35:41 PM »

Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc. Put yourself inside the mind of a child like this

Alright Estaban here goes nothin....

Hmm let's see... ok. I would fuck Gwen. I would fuck Britney (well these days just to say I fucked her). So does that answer your question?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 06:41:52 PM »

I doubt these fans will change their style much.  There are plenty of pop-rock bands that could have already - besides the girls aren't gonna cream their panties over a man in his 40's

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »

not likely. ?It'd be tough to win over that crowd. ?I'd stick with the rock and roll community.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: