Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc  (Read 6102 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:23 AM »

Suppose you're 14 years and your musical life is Gwen, Britney, Hip-Hop, etc. Put yourself inside the mind of a child like this (maybe you have a brother or sister of that age and you know more or less what they think)

Do these GN'R leaked tracks have a chance of blowing their minds? Do you think that a 14 years old child can be impressed with this new line up, to the point to buy the album? Has this lineup more chances to succed in the younger people than the old lineup?

I ask this because my little sister doesn't know a shit about GNR and she thinks that these new tracks are definitly BETTER than the old classics. I think she says that because the old band sounds ''too agressive'' for people of her age, and that has sense, because the heaviest music that she heard in her life was ''System Of A Down''  rofl

What do you think? Can this new music be more ''digestible'' to younger people?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:59:19 AM »

Maybe.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:59:47 AM »

perhaps... like "better" will blow them all away  Grin
McDuff
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 02:03:56 AM »

I'm not gonna suppose anything,I wouldn't wanna be 14 again,but yeah,my nephew likes the new GN'R stuff and the old stuff as well,and he's 14 yes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 02:06:27 AM »

Very tough call.  We won't know till it happens I guess.  My guesstimate would be no, it won't reach them until its "cool" to be a GNR fan again.  Rock music just isn't cool anymore when it comes to the masses.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
rydog
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 02:13:14 AM »

I don't see why not, I started listening to gn'r when I was 8 and I haven't stopped for 18 years. if it's good music it will appeal to people of all ages - as appetite for destruction did

SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 02:13:39 AM »

Very tough call.  We won't know till it happens I guess.  My guesstimate would be no, it won't reach them until its "cool" to be a GNR fan again.  Rock music just isn't cool anymore when it comes to the masses.

I am surprised how popular it is with teens though. At least down here. Classic stuff like Guns and AC/DC are very well liked by the kids.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 02:19:48 AM »

My sister is 10 and GNR are her favourite band. Previously her favourite song ever by GNR was 'Aint It Fun' but as soon as she heard 'Better' she was hooked. She's extremely opinionated, and hated 'IRS', but thought 'There Was A Time' was great. It's so funny seeing all her little friends come over in their Hillary Duff t-shirts and she's like 'Want to watch Guns n Roses live in Tokyo?'
Last week I walked outside and she was teaching the kids next door (aged 10 and 12) about the history of GNR  hihi
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 02:40:33 AM »

My sister is 10 and GNR are her favourite band. Previously her favourite song ever by GNR was 'Aint It Fun' but as soon as she heard 'Better' she was hooked. She's extremely opinionated, and hated 'IRS', but thought 'There Was A Time' was great. It's so funny seeing all her little friends come over in their Hillary Duff t-shirts and she's like 'Want to watch Guns n Roses live in Tokyo?'
Last week I walked outside and she was teaching the kids next door (aged 10 and 12) about the history of GNR? hihi

your sister rules! are you ''teaching'' her? or it was just her initiative?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:01:55 AM »

Do these GN'R leaked tracks have a chance of blowing their minds?
  well anything has a chance of that.. Depends on the mind.. Gwen stefani might be what "they" think is great... I don't always think really good music is what makes people listen.. if this was the case then nsync or BSB's would have never sold an album... For younger kids I think overall age of the players is important and their sence of style/looks (if you are talking trl generation..)

My question is this, How about if this album what we have heard was sung by an Unknown, would it sell tons or get the airtime this might see since it's axl n gnr, plus their history with mtv..?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 03:08:56 AM »

The kids who want to like this muisc will.

Britney Spears, Gwen Stenani, hip-hop songs... they're not aimed at the same target group Gn'R is aimed at.

Guns n' Roses is aimed at late teen / early adult / (i guess now) middle aged adults.

Spears and Gwen are aimed at 10-14 year old girls...  Radio hip hop is aimed at inner-city youth.

IMO the new Guns album will be fine, TWAT or Better or IRS would make wonderful singles and get the album strong sales.

The days of rock dominence is over, and the music industry is fading faster than ever.   Hopefully the sound Chinese Democarcy is good enough where it'll catch on and there will be tons more *good!* rock bands to follow and bring rock back to where it should be.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 03:11:49 AM »

I don't think demos would be impressive to your average 14 year old. Maybe the final album. I mean I was 11 when UYI 1&2 came out and 1 was the first cd I ever bought. It was popular and I liked the music. If there are some singles that do well on the radio/mtv then young kids will pick the album up.

My question is this, How about if this album what we have heard was sung by an Unknown, would it sell tons or get the airtime this might see since it's axl n gnr, plus their history with mtv..?

It basically is an unknown to younger kids. In a way they're the easiest demographic since they'll be more likely to judge the music alone. All of the older people are going to have those emotions tied to the old band members or the time spent waiting for the album to come out.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 03:14:44 AM by littlewing » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 03:13:58 AM »

I think better(first half) and citr have that pop rock radio friendly feel to them, they might just squeeze in there with the hoobastankers

When hillary duff is ruling with piece of my heart and the very untalented ashlee simpson with L.O.V.E. CD could be a mega hit or come and go, you just can't tell.. Back when I was a kid, rock ruled the charts late 80's, albums debuting at one orgetting there.. Since grunge that kind of ended
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 03:15:15 AM »

Oh, but IMO the new music is modern enough where it'll catch a younger audience...

I think if this album ever gets released again Guns n' Roses will be big again. ?They won't be the dominate band they were in 87-93 but IMO Gn'R and Nirvana were the last supergroups of the world. ?Axl will be fine.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 05:08:16 AM »

I was 14 yrs old when I first got into the original GN'R back in 1992 and started listening to "real" music aside ftom top 40 crap, and I've been a rock n' roll fan ever since, so I'm sure it could happen with a whole new younger generation. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

kanya west himself admitted at an awards preshow that he couldn't sing. hiphop/rap is nothing more than talking in an accent. A monkey could be tought to sing this no talent crap.

I don't expect anyone who's life has been nothing but Hiphop/rap to like anything from the new Guns. Infact I suspect the hiphop people will likely steal the intro to better and and include it on a song. They like stealing stuff off other songs.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »

The days of rock dominence is over, and the music industry is fading faster than ever.

I agree with that, but I also know that popular music bands still continue to sell well regardless of whatever musical trends are going on, so GN'R will probably still chart well.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Origen
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:20:39 AM »

The days of rock dominence is over, and the music industry is fading faster than ever.

Rock will never overtake Hip Hop/Rap now though it's too mainstream.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 05:54:19 AM »

Last week I walked outside and she was teaching the kids next door (aged 10 and 12) about the history of GNR? hihi

your sister rules! are you ''teaching'' her? or it was just her initiative?

Well, a lot of the time when I'm driving her around she doesn't have a choice but to listen to GNR in the car since it's on 24/7, but I was never like 'you must like GNR'... she started off loving SCOM and then it progressed to things like WTTJ, PC & AIF  Smiley
Stealthcamo
Headliner

This one's for you downloading mother fuckers.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 07:36:27 AM »

Yea I think its very possible. Hell I started listening to GNR al together last year (I used to listen to video game sound tracks, etc.) and I'm 16. Sure its two years ahead but ya  know. Whoo I'd love to see the look on all the hip Hop / rapper wannabes,emo kids and goths at my school when GNR comes back!! Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: