Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bon Jovi Takes Shot At Axl Over GNR Buzz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bon Jovi Takes Shot At Axl Over GNR Buzz  (Read 19093 times)
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 02:31:46 PM »

Are you being serious with your bon jovi love or are you trying to get a laugh??I hope its the latter because I cannot breathe I am laughing so hard. ?Who cares that JBJ has put out more records than axl. ?They all pretty much suck. ?Bon Jovi is the very definition of corporate rock and his biggest fans are 40 year old houswifes who think that he looks really good in tight pants. ?

Sure, I like some bon jovi stuff in moderation. ?I just can't figure out your argument for them being better based on the fact that they have put out more albums. ?Weird Al puts out alot more albums than GN'R. ?Does that automatically make him better. ?Quantity does not equal quality. Bon Jovi is a flat out pop band, always have been even during the 80's. ?And always will be. ?They are not rock n' roll and never will be. ?In fact they have gotten progressively worse since the late 90's. ?But my 10 year old niece loves their new stuff. ?Nothing about their music is interesting or challenging. ?IMO

What Goes around comes around!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »

Bon Jovi is not a Rock band, this is a boys band.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
speed_stone
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 02:33:18 PM »

lmfao that's pathetic! rofl
bon jovi can... well, you know the rest! ok
he should keep his mouth shut, if he wanted to be a real rock star back in the 80's he should've made some real rock songs Tongue
jealousy is a bitch ain't it Roll Eyes
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »

He said on MTV, while promoting Bounce, the he was happy with GNR's return, because it ould put rock back on the map, as he was (and still is) pissed at pop music.

Yeah but again, BJ is very much at the pop end of the rock spectrum. Their artwork depicts stickers of the new smiley-face album cover on street walls and lamp posts as if there are loads of kids into hard rock and BJ that would do that. On their site there's a school desk with 'Bon Jovi Forever' scratched in it. He thinks that's the kind of support he has but then says his songs are now for people his age and you can take ANYTHING off the new album and compare it to e.g. 'Miracle Drug' or 'A Man And A Woman' from U2's last one, or Axl's new stuff, or basically any one of his peers and it just looks lame. His lyrics are atrotious and I swear his producer has made some of the songs sound like Avril Lavigne. He says he let a few chinks of his armour open through his new lyrics but as one British review said only 'Novocaine' has any real substance at all, and that's pushing it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 02:36:49 PM »

For a star like JBJ to see Axl get media because he's done nothing is hard... look at it like that.

Job has worked very hard the last 20 years, and well Axl hasn't done anything at all in the last 4 years that we "know" of.

I agree 100% with your post....and I don't like Bon Jovi at all. ?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Jon wouldn't use the word motherfucker in public and especially not in an interview?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Jon wouldn't use the word motherfucker in public and especially not in an interview?

/jarmo

haha, good one!  hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

Yeah but again, BJ is very much at the pop end of the rock spectrum. Their artwork depicts stickers of the new smiley-face album cover on street walls and lamp posts as if there are loads of kids into hard rock and BJ that would do that. On their site there's a school desk with 'Bon Jovi Forever' scratched in it. He thinks that's the kind of support he has but then says his songs are now for people his age and you can take ANYTHING off the new album and compare it to e.g. 'Miracle Drug' or 'A Man And A Woman' from U2's last one, or Axl's new stuff, or basically any one of his peers and it just looks lame. His lyrics are atrotious and I swear his producer has made some of the songs sound like Avril Lavigne. He says he let a few chinks of his armour open through his new lyrics but as one British review said only 'Novocaine' has any real substance at all, and that's pushing it.

You make excellent points. It's fairly clear that Jon Jovi isn't that bright a guy.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
godiva
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

What are you saying Jarmo? The interview is fake?  :rofl:Look at us, three pages of bashing Jon Bon Jovi over nothing! That would be funny. Thing is, it just feels really good to talk shit about Bon Jovi! Wonder why that is.....
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »

Geez where's D--I was looking forward to seeing what he\she had to say since I think he\she is a bon jovi fan...me personally, I don't really care what JBJ has to say...I don't understand how Jon can be jealous about Axl? Maybe he was "flowing"-- guys flow (not literally, but figuratively)..he sounds like a whiney baby (like Axl back in his heyday) Funny rofl
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 02:41:15 PM »

/jarmo

Sorry dude but he does swear quite openly, although not as much these days and this is the kind of thing he has said in the past. He claims not to care about the way the press snub BJ but he really hates it which is why he gigs his band up so much.
gunner mad
Headliner

Hell was full ..so i came BACK

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 02:43:37 PM »

fukin great he's pissed off ?the most boring fucker in music , the wait for this album has just been made worth while ok this dick chucks albums out for fun and they all sound the same so thats why noone pays him attention. maybe if he did sumit great or even good he'd get noticed .fuckin muppet i hope his balls fesster and drop off Grin
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »

Would Axl do Ally McBeal???

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
Eric
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:24 PM »

I used to like Bon Jovi, but the last 3 albums have been terrible-this is a band just going through the motions anymore-his writing is something you would read on a hallmark card-challenge yourself, John-put out something that dosen't sound like the same stuff you've been putting out for 20 years-
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:42 PM »

You make excellent points. It's fairly clear that Jon Jovi isn't that bright a guy.

No, he really doesn't seem very bright most of the time and tries to reach way beyond his platform; his acting and films have been utterly awful especially this chick flick thing I saw which I thought was the atithesis of the outsider he said he always was.

But then like I said, he HAS had a few moments. Check out 'Something To Believe In' and 'My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms' from These days in 1995. And his cowboy solo record is outstanding lyrically and musically and vocally. He just seems to have disappeared up his own arse since then and taken stupid pills.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 02:46:58 PM »

If Bon Jovi really said this, he looks really petty and insecure.  The reason that the media still gives Axl Rose attention is because even after these years, he's an icon and a legend.  Bon Jovi's sold a lot of records and made a ridiculous amount of money, but no one ever talks about JBJ in greatest frontmen of all time conversations, or Bon Jovi in greatest bands or greatest albums of all time convos, Axl and GnR on the other hand, well you get the picture smoking
Elrothiel
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 02:53:10 PM »

Seems to me like Bon Jovi still hasn't gotten over the fact that Gn'R wiped the floor with 'em way back when.

Mr Jovi is suffering from a heavy case of BITTERNESS!!

I would quote Axl on the "suck my dick" thing, but seeing as I don't have one, I'll just have to alter it slightly. "Bon Jovi can go fuck himself!"
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 02:54:32 PM »

thats stupid of Bon Jovi. obviously, there's a reason for the attention, simply because he was an icon (from what i've heard and read) and its a mystery

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 02:56:39 PM »

I guess I can understand bon jovi's pain.... He has had incredible runs since gnr basically ended in 94... As great of an artist axl is he does get a lot of attention because he is odd to say the least, wether it's his hair or how long he's been missing or how much the record costs or how long it's been since he dropped new material... Maybe as an artist doing something he just doesn't get the whole hoopla
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 03:03:10 PM »

Geez where's D--I was looking forward to seeing what he\she had to say since I think he\she is a bon jovi fan...me personally, I don't really care what JBJ has to say...I don't understand how Jon can be jealous about Axl? Maybe he was "flowing"-- guys flow (not literally, but figuratively)..he sounds like a whiney baby (like Axl back in his heyday) Funny rofl

I was wondering the same thing about D hihi. It is now mandatory that when discussing D, we refer to him/her as he/she rofl

Back on topic: I agree with Jarmo, this just doesn't sound right. I'm not defending Bon Jovi, but it does sound like a made up story.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »