Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bon Jovi Takes Shot At Axl Over GNR Buzz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bon Jovi Takes Shot At Axl Over GNR Buzz  (Read 19090 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 01:55:07 PM »

In the same interview JBJ bashes JLo too, wich is a good thing Grin

Anyway, I'm sursprised because Jon & Richie both said in 2002 that they were happy with the GNR return Huh (that we all know was a fluke back then)

Still, I'd say that Jon and the band are out there every night, on stage. Maybe you don't like their music or whatever, but they are a good rock band, working hard, and giving to fans and community.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 01:55:21 PM »

Misquoted, out of context, or not...

Bon Jovi is utter crap.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 01:56:02 PM »

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 01:56:26 PM »

"bon jovi can suck my dick"

That's what I was going to post too hihi

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »

I am being serious, Bon Jovi have the sales Gn'R do...

Slippery When Wet solid almost as much as Appetite For Destruction... so there's that album...

Gn'R were a better band in their brief 7 years together, but think... 7 years... that's the issue.

Bon Jovi are going on 20+

Meet the difference

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 01:59:44 PM »

Like I said in another thread. Music is very subjective. Comparing bands by numbers will get you nowhere.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »

Okay, lets compare them by the band's dysfuntion....

Gn"r have so much more...

Like I just said, comparing bands by dysfunction makes you aware.... better then no where huh?

But don't damn me
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »

Quote from: Contact Music
JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

Contact Music

Can't say much, I like both bands & frontmen ...

Besides JBJ is contradicting himself as he was welcoming GNR back during their 2002 Tour Huh

Did he really? What did he say and where?

FUCK BON JOVI
HIS VOICE AND LYRICS ISN'T GREAT...

WHAT A DICK HE IS...TRYING TO BE NICE AT THE OPRAH PRIMETIME SHOW JUST TO GET ATTENTION...

WHAT AN ASSHOLE...

IM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT IF HE INSULTS AXL LIKE THAT THEN HE IS AN ASSHOLE
What did he say about GnR on the Oprah show then?

I have a reasonable amount of respect for JBJ. The first two 'hair-metal' albums actually have some really good stuff on there that people don't know like 'The Hardest Part Is The Night', 'I Don't Wanna Fall To The Fire', 'Love Lies', 'She Don't Know Me', 'Only Lonely', and 'Always Run To You'; songs they've since deliberately ignored because they don't fit the 'Living On A Prayer' mould that got them world fame and made them money. They have done a few decent things in the last 10-15 years, particularly the 'These Days' album which is, in my opinion, the only proper adult rock record they've done and 'Something To Believe In' and 'My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms' can stand up with some of the great GnR tracks from Illusions. Richie Sambora and JBJ's first solo albums were both really really great, strong records and people who love GnR really should give John's 'Young Guns 2' soundtrack album a listen, particularly to 'Sante Fe' and 'Justice In The Barrel; really great pseudo-authentic cowboy songs.

BUT, most of everything else they've done, especially 'Crush' in 2000, 'Bounce' and the new one 'Have A Nice Day' are utterly derivative musically and lyrically and are basically just "If we want to keep this massive fan base and play Hyde Park we have to re-write 'Livin On A Prayer' as many times as possible. The first singles from those albums are all virtually identical in their message. It's all 'You gotta stand tall, take the wheel, keep on fightin', live your life everyday, when the world gets in your face say have a nice day......'. And some of his lyrics as a bloke in his mid 40's are utterly utterly trite and lame.

Moreover, when it came up to their 20th anniversary and they wanted to have a box set like Elvis and Springsteen saying '100 Million BJ Fans can't be wrong', they had to put out a Hits album to get their total up to 100 million. But because they didn't actually have enough genuine hits since 'Crossroads', they redid a load of songs in a stripped down fashion instead. So when the box set was put together, instead of having four CD's full of really great outtakes in chronological order like Springsteen of songs that didn't make albums because they didn't fit thematically, Bon Jovi had four CD's of a handful of really really bad outtakes, a few demos and even had to pull outtakes from the solo albums to make the CD's up. And they couldn't put it chronologically as an alternate history because for some albums there were only a couple of (really) bad outtakes. The acompanying DVD is embarassing, as Jon tries to talk about the importance of the material and how it shows how the albums were formed and how it's not about finding a load of songs that could have been singles. But then they promote the damn thing with the only song with hit potential called 'The Radio Saved My Life Tonight' and he talks about it like it's some great profound idea that this DJ played a song that saved his life but he still had to go back to the hotel and write the song alone. He talks about the band like they deserve to be compared to people like Springsteen and Costello when the truth is they got lucky, found a successful formula and milked it for all it's worth.

Plus his voice is utterly shot since about 2000 and on the new album he sounds like Avril Lavigne singing through pro-tools. On 'Last Cigarette', the music even sounds like Avril's pseudo-punk.

So he really can fuck off about Axl because Axl has balls of steel for having the guts to disappear and try to rebuild a great band and make a brilliant record and basically keeping his mouth shut while his peers routinely slag him off. How easy would it have been for him to just carry on with the prpetitive three year cycle of album-videos-tour, album-videos-tour and just keep making old style riff rock and play to the same audience?

Jon Bon Jovi and his band have had a few really great moments, certain songs and performances, and particualrly the solo albums ironically which have some incredible lyrics and melodies and vocal performances. But he can suck Axl's dick because the New GnR material we've heard absolutely shits all over everything they've done since 1995, the cunts.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 02:08:30 PM »

And people like bon jovi??
That's pityful for someone who is supposed to be a star, who cares what others have done?, I think that guy (bon jovi puke) is living in the shadows of GNR because he wants to, not because GNR is getting attention I think that guy needs to get a life and start trying to make good music instead of noise!  rant

No man can be my equal
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 02:11:24 PM »

Quote from: Contact Music
JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

Contact Music

Can't say much, I like both bands & frontmen ...

Besides JBJ is contradicting himself as he was welcoming GNR back during their 2002 Tour Huh

Did he really? What did he say and where?

He said on MTV, while promoting Bounce, the he was happy with GNR's return, because it ould put rock back on the map, as he was (and still is) pissed at pop music.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 02:14:10 PM »

And people like bon jovi??

Yeah, I do, so what ?

That's pityful for someone who is supposed to be a star, who cares what others have done?, I think that guy (bon jovi puke) is living in the shadows of GNR because he wants to, not because GNR is getting attention I think that guy needs to get a life and start trying to make good music instead of noise!? rant

Axl made the same when he said his "famous" Bon Jovi can suck my dick ... Wasn't he frustrated because someone mistaken him with JBJ ?

Long live GN'R.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »

I think this is another pathetic attempt of a journalist to stretch the words from one band about another.

People don't believe everything you read ?Roll Eyes
anythinggoes
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »

@ skeba sorry mate posting from a mobile it takes like 10 mins to do a small post i did start replying at the 4th post i just wanted the chance to use a Duff quote and axl quote in one go peace
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »

For a star like JBJ to see Axl get media because he's done nothing is hard... look at it like that.

Job has worked very hard the last 20 years, and well Axl hasn't done anything at all in the last 4 years that we "know" of.

But don't damn me
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »

bon jovi rofl rofl rofl

did he really say that???

"bon jovi can suck my dick" rofl rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

Okay, lets compare them by the band's dysfuntion....

Gn"r have so much more...

Like I just said, comparing bands by dysfunction makes you aware.... better then no where huh?

What I meant was that comparing bands is not the best way to spend your time.

You either like their music or you don't. The music should be the thing that matters.. and if you go see them live, the show maybe. But other than that I really can't be bothered to put bands in some kind of an order by how many albums they've sold or how much music they've produced over the last 10 years. Sure I like some bands better than others but to compare them like this.. it's just not my thing.

And anythinggoes: Don't worry about it... It seems that you're not the only one who remembered the line and thought it was just the thing the thread needed...  [put a smiley here so it's appearent that it's cool.. sometimes i just... fuck it]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 02:26:33 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 02:26:03 PM »

Wow Jon bon who gives a shit made more music then Axl in 20 years... cover me in shit and call me a sunday. Obviously quantity over quality applies. What a fool he is. Keep making insignificant albums and working on chick flicks you stupid fucking nothing.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »

Saying that dissappearing and trying to rebuild a band is having balls of steel?

That's makes him better then Bon Jovi....

Axl Rose himself is better then Bon Jovi ?Roll Eyes

Um ok ?ok ?Roll Eyes

But don't damn me
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 02:28:35 PM »

Thats really funny, in a pathetic way. ?Very childish of him. ?Like one dude said, if JBJ went away, would anyone care?? ?I doubt it. ?Bon Jovi is a fun party band, but they're not going to be remembered for their musical talent. ?Guns changed rock, Bon Jovi just made it popular. HUGE difference.

But for him to publically say hes pissed b/c someone else gets all the attention? ?Thats just FUNNY!!!! ?rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2006, 02:29:46 PM »

I think Jonny is more pissed off at the press than Axl himself but he's his own worst enemy when it comes to lack of credibility. The reason he has little respect from his peers and the press is because of all the things I mentioned. He talks about how the more recent stuff is him writing songs for people his own age as opposed to people in their 20's, but when he tries to 'get back to that old style of storytelling in songs that Elton did' on e.g. Joey, he falls flat on his face trying to tell a story about a fictitious childhood pal: he flips between first and thir person narrative so it makes no sense and tries too hard to be clever calling his mate 'Joey Keys' because he used to pick locks and it just doesn't work because it's so forced and unnatural.

He talks about the album title 'Crush' not meaning anything but being interesting because 'You can be crushed by a car, you can be crushed about a girl, you can have a crush on someone'......that's not interesting, it's the kind of thing a 15 year old kid would come up with trying to be philosophical. And the next one 'Bounce' is meant to represent the resiliency of the band in always bouncing back to the top no matter what people say and also America bouncing back after 9/11. But the problem is, bounce is a word people associate with childishness and bouncing a ball. So the album cover is all black after 9/11 and there are 2 songs that vaguely reference the attacks in a really simplistic, non-contoversial way, and then he bashes Springsteen for writing works of art like 'You're Missing' and 'In To The Fire' and putting himself in other peoples' shoes. Jon wrote trite shite like ?'I'm gonna touch the sky, spread my wings and fly and live my life every day', and 'Bounce bounce, nothing's gonna keep me down, bounce bounce, stand up and shout it out' and 'change, everybody's feeling strange, never gonna be the same, makes you wonder how the world keeps turning.' How the fuck does that tackle the subject of 9/11 and give anyone something to hold on to? ?Again, Bruce wrote 'Worlds Apart' about an American soldier falling in love with a tribeswoman in Afghanistan:

Sometimes the truth just ain't enough
Or is it too much in times like this
Let's throw the truth away we'll find it in this kiss
In your skin upon my skin in the beating of our hearts
May the living let us in before the dead tear us apart

Bruce was there after 9/11 with 'The Rising' when people needed him and besides Eminem was one of very few massive artists to deal with that stuff head on. Jon Bon Jovi wants respect but all he manages is more 'Livin On A Prayer' style wafflings.

Another thing is that unlike e.g. Dylan, Waits and Springsteen, all the people Jon loves to compare himself to, his live shows are always hit based affairs. You're Guaranteed 'Wanted', 'Prayer' and 'Bad Name' and they don't often dip into the back catalogue for anything special, and even completely ignore the first albums because he's embarassed by them. Which means they only have 7 seperate original studio albums to draw from in their 20 years. That's 7 CD's and GnR have 4 seperate discs plus Spaghetti. And if you count up the great Bon Jovi songs, it probably doesn't match the number of great GnR songs. And their videos are genuinely utterly wank performance style affairs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: