Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Studio versions of Blues and Maddy, or the new demos: Which would you want?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Studio versions of Blues and Maddy, or the new demos: Which would you want?  (Read 5682 times)
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« on: March 01, 2006, 09:44:11 AM »

I would have wanted Blues and Maddy.  Not only are those the best new GN'R songs (IMO), but we have heard them before, and I know many people, including myself, feel somewhat guilty about hearing new GN'R songs that are supposed to be on CD.

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
GS67
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:46:02 AM »

tough call
since i have heard maddy/blues for several years now, i am glad to have these newer songs
esp. if they dont even make the cut for the new album which is rumored
or if it never comes out
i am glad to have the songs in case they dont exist in some format in the future
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:46:39 AM »

I would have wanted Blues and Maddy.? Not only are those the best new GN'R songs (IMO), but we have heard them before, and I know many people, including myself, feel somewhat guilty about hearing new GN'R songs that are supposed to be on CD.

My preference would be the leaks because we are only listening to demos. ?We could still be in for a treat when CD comes out because we can hear what changes have been made if there were any. ok

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »

I dont even think we should start suggesting that we want more leaks. There is several people at these forums that like playing games with us, and holding shit over our heads. I hope Jarmo and the mods start deleting threads that bring up more demos and leaks. Dont give the game players any ammunition.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 09:54:14 AM »

I dont even think we should start suggesting that we want more leaks. There is several people at these forums that like playing games with us, and holding shit over our heads. I hope Jarmo and the mods start deleting threads that bring up more demos and leaks. Dont give the game players any ammunition.

I think he's referring the current leaks, not any new ones. ok

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »

My preference would be the leaks because we are only listening to demos.  We could still be in for a treat when CD comes out because we can hear what changes have been made if there were any. ok

Same here, can't wait to hear the finished version, even though it may feel that we've already heard most of the album by demos and live performances I'm sure that CD is still going to amaze most of us

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:54:39 AM »

james, i didn't mean it like that. ?i was saying that if there was a possibility of having the blues and madagascar, or the new leaks (irs, better, twat, citr)...which would you rather have? ?geesh... Undecided

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 09:58:08 AM »

james, i didn't mean it like that. ?i was saying that if there was a possibility of having the blues and madagascar, or the new leaks (irs, better, twat, citr)...which would you rather have? ?geesh... Undecided
I wasnt trying to offend. I just made an observation. The thread could easily head in the direction I mentioned. To answer your questions, I enjoy the new demos, but would sell my soul to the devil to hear a finished studio version of The Blues. In my opinion, Madagascar is overrated.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »

As long as this thread is merely for discussion, we could keep this open (see how it goes).

Reminder: Requests for songs are not allowed. No links either.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »

I'd take better demo over studio tracks of any song we know of thus far.  ok

speed_stone
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »

a studio version of madagascar would make my year, that song is just perfect.
instant epic, i don't know why it didn't get more attention after the mtv vma's.
but then again, sadly the media never bothered to appreciate axl's talents......
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »

I'd love to hear demos after CD is released.

I just wanna know what the alternative versions are like.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 11:00:20 AM »

Madagascar has always seemed to be the song that I go to first. I dont know why.. It's a great song. Taking nothing away from The Blues cause that is a really freat song too.  Damn I can't wait for CD.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

i don't know why it didn't get more attention after the mtv vma's.
It would have got more attention if he would have played the whole song, instead of that medley. MTV should have given him enough  time to open with Jungle to excite the crowd with his return and close the show with that.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 11:03:41 AM »

the studio version of Madagascar is going to be mind blowing

as will probably most of these songs...

I firmly believe that if Axl was able to perfect the production of this album then the album will be a mind blowing masterpiece musical joureny....FOr me its the only question I have left regarding this band and album...other than when the hell is it gonna come out

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »

I want both plus prostitute and this i love...
The rest I can wait until CD released

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 01:25:53 PM »

I'd rather hear those than any of the 'newer' songs.  The less leaks the better in my opinion.. i don't want to spoil the band's efforts and hearing the songs for the first time for myself.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 02:04:56 PM »

While I would have loved to get studio versions of the songs we have heard live, I'm glad that we got the demos of the songs we haven't heard before. Mainly because who really knows if Chinese Democracy will ever come out. I mean Axl could just scrap the whole thing and we would never hear any songs, so it is a good thing that we got something in case that worst case situation actually occurs. But if Chinese Democracy is released in the next couple months, I will have wished that we would have just gotten demos of the songs that we have already heard.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

riyadh

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

give me teh current leaks, I am tired of both maddy and the blues.. Not saying anything about music just saying it's been years of them already
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: