Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Hoobastank discusses Weiland and VR fans.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hoobastank discusses Weiland and VR fans.  (Read 7277 times)
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 01, 2006, 06:14:49 AM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525050/20060228/hoobastank.jhtml?headlines=true

Heres the VR related part-

Hoobastank frontman Doug Robb wants you to know that despite published reports, he does not have beef with Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland. But Velvet Revolver fans are a completely different issue.

"We were on the Velvet Revolver tour, and some of the shows were amazing, but some of them were terrible," he laughed. "The audience was filled with guys who love Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots and think everyone else should go to hell. People would turn their backs to us the whole time and keep their middle fingers in the air. But they were probably really upset because they found some rust spots on their Camaros, or because they got their mullets caught in the door while tailgating, and they were like, 'Ow! Damn it! I'm gonna go mess with Hoobastank!' "

Those experiences ? plus some rather chilly backstage behavior from Weiland (see "Hoobastank Singer Has A Few Words For Velvet Revolver, NHL") ? inspired Robb to write "If I Were You," the first single from Hoobastank's upcoming album, Every Man for Himself, which is due on April 18. It's a song that takes to task those who don't appreciate what they have, especially when so many have nothing at all.

"When we were on tour, we had all that sh-- happening with the audience, and then you have stuff with Scott Weiland, and then you go onto the bus and turn on 'Entertainment Tonight' and you see some [celebrity] bitching about something. It was incredibly frustrating," Robb said.

"So I wrote the song based on all that, about anybody who takes what they have for granted," he continued. "And I've found that that's pretty much everybody."

Robb declined to expand on just what that "stuff" with Weiland entailed, but Hoobastank drummer Chris Hesse was more forthcoming when asked about the singer's behavior.

"It was kind of strange, because usually when you go on tour with someone for six weeks, by the end you've become pretty good friends with them," he said. "With VR, we felt pretty comfortable with all the guys except for one person, who never said a word to me or [guitarist] Dan [Estrin] or anybody until three weeks into the tour, when he was like, 'Welcome to the tour.' Of course, for three weeks he'd been blowing by us in the halls, yelling at his assistant."

A spokesperson for Weiland had no comment.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 06:34:43 AM »

Scott probably didn't want to talk to them cause he knew how sucky theye were... hihi

Still don't know why Hoobastank were even touring with VR in the first place, they are nothing like them.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 05:02:10 PM »

That's funny.  I heckled Hoobastank during their act before VR came on stage  hihi

They stunk, I don't know what the promoters were thinking putting them on the same bill as VR.  But the audience did not like them at all and they let it be known. 

I remember a Matt Sorum interview before that tour started when Sorum was talking about how shitty the current music scene is, and was making fun of the names of some of the groups out there today.  One of the names he mentioned was Hoobastank hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 05:51:11 PM »

luckily when i saw them they had the datsuns supporting, who were quite enjoyable as they went on.

html sucks
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »

I have never made it in to see an opening band for VR..... From what I have heard of Hoobastank, they suck anyway...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »

Thank God for Scott Weiland

this man is Rock cred personified!

I love Scott weiland

Fuck a hoobastank!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 08:44:21 PM »

The best opening band VR have had (and I'm probably biased here), was Aussie band the Screaming Jets when they toured Australia. They are the closest thing to VR Australia have and I thought they were perfect openers. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
makane
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 04:51:59 AM »

can a person be more jealouse? I don't think so. he should've just stfu and be thankful they even got to play. what a dick.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 09:41:50 AM »

right now I'm playing the worls smallest violin for this guy between my thumb and middle finger; 

too bad dude, Weiland didn't like you and neither did VR fans, toughen up a little

maybe we thought you'r music sucked and live performance was worse

if i was in his shoes, i wouldn't give a fuck if Weiland didn't talk to me; one less headcase to deal with hihi
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »

What a fuckhole ... of course no one liked Hoobastank, they Hoobasuck. 

He really ought to have written a song about what a dumb mother fucker he was to think that Hoobastank was going to get a good reaction from fans of actual music.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 12:40:12 PM »

"The audience was filled with guys who love Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots and think everyone else should go to hell. People would turn their backs to us the whole time and keep their middle fingers in the air. But they were probably really upset because they found some rust spots on their Camaros, or because they got their mullets caught in the door while tailgating, and they were like, 'Ow! Damn it! I'm gonna go mess with Hoobastank!' "

I don't like Hoobastank either.  In fact, I can't think of one good song they have but that is pretty funny.  There are some fans like that and I think they look pretty dumb. 
makane
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »

"The audience was filled with guys who love Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots and think everyone else should go to hell. People would turn their backs to us the whole time and keep their middle fingers in the air. But they were probably really upset because they found some rust spots on their Camaros, or because they got their mullets caught in the door while tailgating, and they were like, 'Ow! Damn it! I'm gonna go mess with Hoobastank!' "

I don't like Hoobastank either.? In fact, I can't think of one good song they have but that is pretty funny.? There are some fans like that and I think they look pretty dumb.?

I think Hoobastank looks pretty dumb. whats wrong with Camaro? fucking new-era hiphoppers.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

does this guy really think it was becase of Gn'R/STP fans? Or does he really realize that his band really realy sucks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 04:20:03 PM »

does this guy really think it was becase of Gn'R/STP fans? Or does he really realize that his band really realy sucks.

Exactly this guy is totally in denial.

Face it hoobastank u fuckin suck, deal with it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
alexh0618
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »

I wonder what the hell Hoobastank was expecting from the crowd. Over half the people at those concerts were there to see Slash, Duff, and Matt. The rest were new fans, or fans of STP/Scott. I guess it would suck being on stage and having over half the crowd booing you but thats what happens when you play songs like "The Reason."
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

I don't like Hoobastank either.? In fact, I can't think of one good song they have but that is pretty funny.? There are some fans like that and I think they look pretty dumb.?

I think Hoobastank looks pretty dumb. whats wrong with Camaro? fucking new-era hiphoppers.
I don't like hiphop. 
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 05:06:23 PM »

What a fuckhole ... of course no one liked Hoobastank, they Hoobasuck.?

This made me laugh.  beer

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 05:29:23 PM »

"We were on the Velvet Revolver tour, and some of the shows were amazing, but some of them were terrible," he laughed. "The audience was filled with guys who love Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots

Completely fuckin obvious, a band with former STP and GnR members are bound to attract STP and GnR fans, what did he expect a bunch of fuckin Hoobastank fans?! Fuckin thick.

People would turn their backs to us the whole time and keep their middle fingers in the air.

Sweet!

But they were probably really upset because they found some rust spots on their Camaros, or because they got their mullets caught in the door while tailgating, and they were like, 'Ow! Damn it! I'm gonna go mess with Hoobastank!' "

Oh yeah very original GnR fans with mullets, hilarious! And second of all when have you ever seen a typical STP fan with a Camaro and a mullet?! Again, thick.

Those experiences ? plus some rather chilly backstage behavior from Weiland (see "Hoobastank Singer Has A Few Words For Velvet Revolver, NHL") ? inspired Robb to write "If I Were You," the first single from Hoobastank's upcoming album, Every Man for Himself, which is due on April 18. It's a song that takes to task those who don't appreciate what they have, especially when so many have nothing at all.

Biggest piece of emo crap I've ever seen on my life! "Oh no we met a person with bi-polar who was at times difficult to deal with, let's write a song about how much our lives suck!" Get a fuckin life!

"When we were on tour, we had all that sh-- happening with the audience, and then you have stuff with Scott Weiland, and then you go onto the bus and turn on 'Entertainment Tonight' and you see some [celebrity] bitching about something. It was incredibly frustrating," Robb said.

Get over it, fans can be rough on the opening band unless they impress. It's a common thing. Big fuckin Good Charlotte heads, seriously. And also lot of REAL rockstars can be difficult to deal with, it's what drives them a lot of the time, these dickheads need to realise that someone like Scott is not going to be an angel.

"So I wrote the song based on all that, about anybody who takes what they have for granted," he continued. "And I've found that that's pretty much everybody."

Ooooohhhhh, political commentary from an emo band! Step back and get ready to be impressed people, this will be the new big thing!

Robb declined to expand on just what that "stuff" with Weiland entailed, but Hoobastank drummer Chris Hesse was more forthcoming when asked about the singer's behavior.

"It was kind of strange, because usually when you go on tour with someone for six weeks, by the end you've become pretty good friends with them," he said. "With VR, we felt pretty comfortable with all the guys except for one person, who never said a word to me or [guitarist] Dan [Estrin] or anybody until three weeks into the tour, when he was like, 'Welcome to the tour.' Of course, for three weeks he'd been blowing by us in the halls, yelling at his assistant."

Saps. If you don't get along with someone, then fine, bitching about them, which is something the exact same guys claimed to be against like two paragraphs up, isn't going to solve anything.

A spokesperson for Weiland had no comment.

Good, they don't deserve a comment from Weiland, they suck emo balls.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 12:52:47 PM »

Scott would do this when STP toured with Staind and other emo-rock bands. Funny as hell but at least someone tells them that their music sucks shit. They think their real rock stars, so naturally Weiland and Slash must want to talk to them,  but are really just generic corporate trend bands.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 12:55:07 PM by jabba2 » Logged
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »

Hoobastank needs a good boot in the ass! THere stupid

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: