Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New material, how different is it from the old material and why?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New material, how different is it from the old material and why?  (Read 5865 times)
Halucinogen
Opening Act

All You Are Is In You

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »

yeah explore music

compare led zeppelin to this guns n roses is like compare pink floyd with blink 182

this demos sucks and im still piss of at axl and i hope this isnt the best he can do because if this is hes finish.

Excuse me Dr, Demento, but where did you get the idea that I was comparing a Led Zeppelin album to a GNR albumHuh I did no such thing. Try reading slower to give your brain a chance to digest what you eyes are seeing.

Oh..and Dr. Demento...Ph.D. is an abbreviation for the Latin "philosophiae doctor," translated as doctor of philosophy. And That you are not.

I took a slide, slipping down a staircase
A Piranesian dream
My senses reeled, distorted about the darkness
A lit my way with a scream
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 04:37:07 PM »

yeah explore music

compare led zeppelin to this guns n roses is like compare pink floyd with blink 182

this demos sucks and im still piss of at axl and i hope this isnt the best he can do because if this is hes finish.

Excuse me Dr, Demento, but where did you get the idea that I was comparing a Led Zeppelin album to a GNR albumHuh I did no such thing. Try reading slower to give your brain a chance to digest what you eyes are seeing.

Oh..and Dr. Demento...Ph.D. is an abbreviation for the Latin "philosophiae doctor," translated as doctor of philosophy. And That you are not.

a Ph. D has nothing to do with philosophy tho, you can have a Ph D in rock n' roll if you know what i'm saying...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 04:44:26 PM »

and your defenition of rock n' roll is?

listen to appetite and you will know what rock n roll is.,.,its an attittude, definitive this songs dont have any of that.

What are you, fucking stupid?

Axl never told anyone he was gonna make the best fucking album ever. Get over it! You don't like the new songs that's great but the only one who's to blame for your dissapointment is yourself since you set your expectations this high. Not Axl or GnR. You expected something, so blame yourself.

Fucker.
what the hell is a phd?
and zombux you said im a joke because...?

if you don't have any idea what a phd is then you really are a joke, a funny one at that.
Halucinogen
Opening Act

All You Are Is In You

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »

yeah explore music

a Ph. D has nothing to do with philosophy tho, you can have a Ph D in rock n' roll if you know what i'm saying...

Yes it does.
Doctor of Philosophy, or Ph.D.... The appellation of "Doctor" (Latin: teacher)  it means having achieved that status in one or more than one field. It indicated a life dedicated to learning, to knowledge, and to the spread of knowledge. Ok? Can we get back to the thread at hand?

A Piranesian dream
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 06:16:20 AM »

yeah explore music

Doctor of Philosophy, or Ph.D.... The appellation of "Doctor" (Latin: teacher)? it means having achieved that status in one or more than one field. It indicated a life dedicated to learning, to knowledge, and to the spread of knowledge.

my point exactly, it doesn't have to to with the field of philosophy... wtf, your saying it yourself...

but like you said back on topic.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Manners
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2006, 06:45:08 AM »

These new tracks we have heard are following the same kind of formula that made GNR the best band in the world.

There is rythem to all the tracks and they bounce along nicely, throwing in a few unexpected twists along the way.

Yes Axl seems to have matured in the way that he presents his music but as a few other posters have said he is not living on the breadline anymore, doing drugs and ODing, getting smashed on cheap booze, times have changed and so has Axl's music.

Did anybody think that the Illusion albums were not good becuase it wasn't Appetite? I think if that is the case then they were not really a fan of GNR but of the Appetite.

All in all I think that this album when all tracks are compiled in the best order will rank alongside Appetite, Illusions and Lies but as each album has previosly in it's own right.
Guillermo
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2006, 07:42:42 AM »

New material, how different is it from the old material and why?.......

Why? errrrrrrrrrrrr  Simply because Axl is in a band completely new and constructed in proportion to his desires for mercenary musicians... and the guy is twenty years older!!!!  rant
 Right now GnR is "the Axl" project". I don't want the new songs to sound like the old ones. If Axl would want to sound like old Guns we'd try to re-join that band. But I dont think Steve Adler was capable to play a couple of concerts without any good junkie-wrangle.

I don?t care if the new band is called "Guns N?Roses" or "Pepita Flowers". It's just a question of marketing. I just want to listen new Axl songs.
And in my opinion, Velvet Revolver sounds very similar to old GnR. I can understand you dont like Scott voice or songwritting (because he is NOT Axl and never wanted to), but the riffs, the bass... The first time I lintened to "Set me free" (without knowing it was VR) I thought "this hard rock band sounds to me very close to Guns".
I prefer the old GnR stuff than the VR, anyway... but if you think VR sounds like total bullshit then you have to think that  a part of the old songs do.

Sorry if my english is poor. It?s not my natural language.
Stealthcamo
Headliner

This one's for you downloading mother fuckers.

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2006, 07:46:31 AM »

where is the sex the drugs and the fukin rock n roll in this songs?

Now all we have is aids, crack n' techno .  hihi

Anyways though, how can you not like Better? Well to each their own I suppose but watch.... You're gonna end up buying Chinese Democracy anyway.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2006, 07:59:20 AM »

listen to appetite and you will know what rock n roll is.,.,its an attittude, definitive this songs dont have any of that.

Man that was 19 years ago... wake up! Axl is not 25 anymore...

yeah but will it bother you if axl still goes on and on about the two women in his life that was almost as long ago?

The sound is different because the band is different, the name may say gnr, but it's really not the gnr we all knew
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2006, 08:02:18 AM »

One word: SLASH

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006, 08:41:17 AM »

Mike, it's two different bands-not remotely the same. People just have to realize that and get over it. I dig both. Old Gnr was great for me at that time of my life because I'm their same age and was feeling their pain. Now, I'm the same age as the new band and have more connection and feel for the new songs because I'm older. Axl may be singing about the same two women, but that is not the point. The songs have very universal themes and can be liberally applied too anyone's situation. That is Axl's skill-tapping in to universal emotions. That is why he has such a devoted fanbase because they connect with what he is saying.  beer
Halucinogen
Opening Act

All You Are Is In You

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2006, 05:31:38 PM »

Man that was 19 years ago... wake up! Axl is not 25 anymore...

The sound is different because the band is different, the name may say gnr, but it's really not the gnr we all knew

Not the gnr we all knew.....And which GNR is that? The 1985-86 line-up? (Incl. Traci Gunns & Rob Gardner - pre-Appetite) The 1987 line-up? (Incl. Slash & Steven Adler - Appetite) The 1990 line-up?(exit Steven Adler, enter Matt Sorum- Illusions) The 1992 line-up? (exit Izzy Stradlin, enter Gilby Clarke - Spaghetti) The 1994 line-up (exit Gilby Clarke, enter Paul Tobias - "Sympathy for the Devil" single) ect. ect....Which do you speak of?

A Piranesian dream
Halucinogen
Opening Act

All You Are Is In You

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2006, 04:16:40 PM »

...or perhaps this new line-up is growing on you? Hmmmm?

A Piranesian dream
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: