Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New material, how different is it from the old material and why?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New material, how different is it from the old material and why?  (Read 5886 times)
Halucinogen
Opening Act

All You Are Is In You

« on: March 01, 2006, 04:49:04 AM »

It amazes me how many people expect Axl to regurgitate some past sound and then try to compare the latest demo leaks to the old bands past accomplishments. Seriously. That would be like trying to compare Metallica's 1983 album "Kill 'Em All" to the self titled black album or "Load", better still, Queen's 1973 debut album with "Hot Spaces" released in 1983...what you'll notice is that they are different from one to another.....there is a progression of musicianship with each album. Now add to the mix that the Guns N' Roses line-up as we once knew it has changed dramatically! What do you think you're going to get? Axl said it best himself during the 2002 MTV awards when he said, "How do you make a whole bunch of guys, that are something else, into something that already was?" How boring do you think it would have been if Led Zeppelin kept rehashing the "Communication Breakdown" sound each album...the world would have never known "Kashmir" if they had not explored musically. Each new member in the current GNR line-up brings in their own styles and influences to the table and has contributed in making the best sounding album. With Axl at the reign...I think we will see just that. What I have head so far as demos I think are brilliant! This isn't 1987...and 1990 has come and gone long ago. Artist constantly challenge themselves, it's what keeps them fresh with new ideas, wanting to go the distance and push the envelope. Axl is no different. Let?s stop living in the past. How about embracing what's to come?

Halucinogen

I took a slide, slipping down a staircase
A Piranesian dream
My senses reeled, distorted about the darkness
A lit my way with a scream
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:50:59 AM »

You're absolfuckinglutely right.  ok

The only problem is: We NEED something to embrace.

Restraint is for suckers.
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:55:09 AM »

I agree.

Some people on here say they want another Appetite-style album from the new band. But then they say they don't want a reunion of the old band. An Appetite-style album from the new band is worse than the old band reuniting, IMO.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 05:00:03 AM »

ok so i just listen to the leaked tracks and all i have to say is.,.

better and twat are a piece of shit...how can axl sing on this shitty songs?
is this part of the best rock album of all times?
i cant believe this is guns n roses. even duff?s believe in me has more rock n roll than this songs.

irs and catcher are not so bad but still dont fill the level of appetite or ilusions...
c?mon please someone tell me this isnt real and this songs are jokes because i cant understand what the fuck is axl thinkin when he said "it?s gonna be the best rock album ever"

im disapointed because i expected something mind blowin and all i got were 4 tracks that really leave you with your mouth open sayin "what the fuck is this?"

axl do all of us a favor and call the real guns n roses and make the fukin rock record all of us want to hear...

this dont sound like guns n roses at all...

where is the sex the drugs and the fukin rock n roll in this songs?

and for those that think im an axl basher, im not i love the guy, i saw them here in argentina in 92 93 and saw gilby with steven and belive me, steven may be a lost case but he fuckin rocks more doing guns songs that this piece of shit songs axl leaked..(its obvius it was him)
im piss off because i waited 13 years for some mind blowin songs and this is what i get...?

and by the way, the new guns are all great musicians, but that is the problem they are musicians not rockers...

where have all the good times gone?

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 05:00:33 AM »

It amazes me how many people expect Axl to regurgitate some past sound and then try to compare the latest demo leaks to the old bands past accomplishments. Seriously. That would be like trying to compare Metallica's 1983 album "Kill 'Em All" to the self titled black album or "Load", better still, Queen's 1973 debut album with "Hot Spaces" released in 1983...what you'll notice is that they are different from one to another.....there is a progression of musicianship with each album. Now add to the mix that the Guns N' Roses line-up as we once knew it has changed dramatically! What do you think you're going to get? Axl said it best himself during the 2002 MTV awards when he said, "How do you make a whole bunch of guys, that are something else, into something that already was?" How boring do you think it would have been if Led Zeppelin kept rehashing the "Communication Breakdown" sound each album...the world would have never known "Kashmir" if they had not explored musically. Each new member in the current GNR line-up brings in their own styles and influences to the table and has contributed in making the best sounding album. With Axl at the reign...I think we will see just that. What I have head so far as demos I think are brilliant! This isn't 1987...and 1990 has come and gone long ago. Artist constantly challenge themselves, it's what keeps them fresh with new ideas, wanting to go the distance and push the envelope. Axl is no different. Let?s stop living in the past. How about embracing what's to come?

Halucinogen
Great post!! beer Best Noob post in forum history.

damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »

I agree with everything you said, BUT I hope and believe that Axl won't take a downward step like Metallica did from Kill Em' All to Load. ?In my opinion that was just selling out big time no
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 05:01:49 AM »

All the answers are here  beer

Restraint is for suckers.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 05:02:43 AM »

and your defenition of rock n' roll is?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
SADIS
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 05:03:13 AM »

What are you, fucking stupid?

Axl never told anyone he was gonna make the best fucking album ever. Get over it! You don't like the new songs that's great but the only one who's to blame for your dissapointment is yourself since you set your expectations this high. Not Axl or GnR. You expected something, so blame yourself.

Fucker.
EccoTides
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 05:07:03 AM »

axl do all of us a favor and call the real guns n roses and make the fukin rock record all of us want to hear...

where is the sex the drugs and the fukin rock n roll in this songs?

Would you seriously be impressed if Axl delivered just another rock record after all of this time?

I'm proud of the band for these new songs, and especially proud of the fact that the NEW GNR has the vision and ambition to try musical styles that the old band was too stubborn to even consider.
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 05:08:24 AM »

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but these songs sound absolutely amazing if you give them more than one listen. ?Hell, I made a point to mix them up with UYI1 through i-tunes and I thought they fit in perfectly. ?Well I guess that is just my opinion, and to each his own beer
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 06:34:49 AM by damnsmooth » Logged
gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 05:08:52 AM »

Someone needs to go and get a new phd. ok
Evolution
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 05:10:22 AM »

Someone needs to realise that whenever someone has an opinion, a new thread isn't needed  Wink
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 05:10:57 AM »

yeah explore music

compare led zeppelin to this guns n roses is like compare pink floyd with blink 182

this demos sucks and im still piss of at axl and i hope this isnt the best he can do because if this is hes finish.

Jonathan
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 05:13:04 AM »

yeah explore music

compare led zeppelin to this guns n roses is like compare pink floyd with blink 182

this demos sucks and im still piss of at axl and i hope this isnt the best he can do because if this is hes finish.

If you don't like it, don't bother listen.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 05:13:16 AM »

you are a joke Tongue

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 05:15:56 AM »

yeah explore music

If you don't like it, don't bother listen.

It's as simple as that. And, Dr. Light, don't post the same statement over and over again in other topics. Stick to the topic you wholly dedicated to your own opinion.
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 05:18:04 AM »

yeah explore music

Have you heard the demos from UYI or AFD? ?I mean, they absolutely and positively can not compare with the real versions of the songs. ?Just wait until you hear the finished versions and I am sure you will be amazed! ?I already am.
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 05:24:56 AM »

listen to appetite and you will know what rock n roll is.,.,its an attittude, definitive this songs dont have any of that.

What are you, fucking stupid?

Axl never told anyone he was gonna make the best fucking album ever. Get over it! You don't like the new songs that's great but the only one who's to blame for your dissapointment is yourself since you set your expectations this high. Not Axl or GnR. You expected something, so blame yourself.

Fucker.

yes he did...and dont insult me because i didnt insult none of you people

i certainly be satisfied if axl give me a rock record, guns n roses was a rock band, theres is a difference in doing rock type songs like kashmir (yes thats rock n roll) and this shitty songs i listened all night long and cant believe how under the level of guns n roses are.

what the hell is a phd?

i saw the other thread after i made this and i answer that thread too

and zombux you said im a joke because...?

dont get me wrong i love axl, thats the reason why im so piss of he made this shit...

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 05:26:12 AM »

listen to appetite and you will know what rock n roll is.,.,its an attittude, definitive this songs dont have any of that.

Man that was 19 years ago... wake up! Axl is not 25 anymore...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: