Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why so quiet?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why so quiet?  (Read 16386 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2006, 01:00:59 AM »

The reason why we are getting no statement is because more tour dates are being scheduled/confirmed and I don't believe the gnr camp is going to give us a solid release date 2 months in advance before C.D, I think it is going to be like "BAM" and be announced one week before it hits the stores.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:46 AM »

what makes you think that?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2006, 01:05:41 AM »

The reason why we are getting no statement is because more tour dates are being scheduled/confirmed and I don't believe the gnr camp is going to give us a solid release date 2 months in advance before C.D, I think it is going to be like "BAM" and be announced one week before it hits the stores.

So your saying June for CD. ? I was thinking more a statement on the leaks...yes a release date would be nice but I guess that wouldn't be Axl fashion...always keeping us guessing. ?Dammit Sad
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 01:07:26 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2006, 01:06:06 AM »

Slash told me.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2006, 01:07:14 AM »

So you saying June for CD.   I was thinking more a statement on the leaks...yes a release date would be nice but I guess that wouldn't be Axl fashion...always keeping us guessing.  Dammit Sad

I'm saying it could be released ANY time, although I doubt it until at least April....
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2006, 01:09:20 AM »

Slash told me.

you're a funny guy. Tongue
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2006, 01:10:30 AM »

So you saying June for CD.? ?I was thinking more a statement on the leaks...yes a release date would be nice but I guess that wouldn't be Axl fashion...always keeping us guessing.? Dammit Sad

I'm saying it could be released ANY time, although I doubt it until at least April....

Yah what the hell am I thinking June for some reason I was thinking we are in the end of March....Yes it's late and I need sleep. ? Just in light of all that is happening it would be sooooo great for something official from them, from Merck, Axl himself instead of just hitting the stores. ? I dunno....I guess I just want this damn thing soo bad..i feel we are soo close, just need that official seal of approval to make it all real Smiley

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2006, 01:15:19 AM »

Ah yes, the summer release date theories again...haven't we gone through this a few times? lol
McDuff
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2006, 01:20:30 AM »

Slash told me.

:hihi:That was fuckin' funny rofl
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »

It will happen within 48 hours.?

I'm feeling we'll have something by thursday...and no, I dont have a source...its just my birthday, and itwould be a hell of a gift to know the release date of CD  hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2006, 01:04:31 PM »

Things have been pretty quiet over the past few days.

Do you realise that this is probably the last bubble of silence before all hell breaks loose...?!

Once this baby bursts, it's gonna be a rollercoaster ride to the end.............

As Depeche Mode once said, .."enjoy the silence"...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2006, 01:04:35 PM »

I think they are probably planning more dates. It would actually make sense considering the lack of announcment for the dates confirmed through the festivals themselves.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2006, 01:07:46 PM »

i fucking hope man, i really fucking hope that's the quiet before the storm. i'm just so afraid nothings going to happen. that would be my worst nightmare

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
madagas
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2006, 01:13:48 PM »

I wonder what impact the Tool cd will have on a Gnr release date. Huge hard rock/metal band which is tentatively set for early May. I say this because they will get alot of publicity with the guitar mags and rock mags/press. They will also have a huge first week of sales then drop off substantially due to a hardcore fanbase. I could see Gnr doing early April before Tool or waiting until mid May/late May when the initial Tool frenzy dies down. Late May (May 23rd) right before Rio seems perfect. As far as an announcement, I don't think anything is immediately imminent. You have to go with the last statement from Merck. An announcement will come in "due course" which could be anytime in March or even April. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 01:16:05 PM by madagas » Logged
adry
Opening Act

On the Nightrain

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2006, 01:14:56 PM »

well, if it is the quiet, then it's lasted a pretty long time. it would suck major ass if nothing happened.

live fast, die young
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »

Things have been pretty quiet over the past few days.

Do you realise that this is probably the last bubble of silence before all hell breaks loose...?!

Once this baby bursts, it's gonna be a rollercoaster ride to the end.............

As Depeche Mode once said, .."enjoy the silence"...

I wouldn't hold my breath Huh
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Something will happen young jedi, something will happen soon.
The force of Rock N' Roll will be with us once again

Prepare your lightswords and airguitars

Obi Wan Rose

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »

I wonder what impact the Tool cd will have on a Gnr release date. Huge hard rock/metal band which is tentatively set for early May. I say this because they will get alot of publicity with the guitar mags and rock mags/press. They will also have a huge first week of sales then drop off substantially due to a hardcore fanbase. I could see Gnr doing early April before Tool or waiting until mid May/late May when the initial Tool frenzy dies down. Late May (May 23rd) right before Rio seems perfect. As far as an announcement, I don't think anything is immediately imminent. You have to go with the last statement from Merck. An announcement will come in "due course" which could be anytime in March or even April. Tongue

I dont think tool has all of that going for them...I think that even if CD and the tool album comes out in the same day...GNR will be in every magazine cover, radio and tv....and tool will be lost somewhere between the pages...

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2006, 01:19:29 PM »

Something will happen young jedi, something will happen soon.
The force of Rock N' Roll will be with us once again

Prepare your lightswords and airguitars

Obi Wan Rose

rofl

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »

I dont think tool has all of that going for them...I think that even if CD and the tool album comes out in the same day...GNR will be in every magazine cover, radio and tv....and tool will be lost somewhere between the pages...

Not even close.  Tool's release will be huge.  Granted, it would be 2nd to GNR's release, but it would not get lost.  I agree that it would be poor judgement to release both of then too close together. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: