Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why so quiet?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why so quiet?  (Read 16384 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2006, 12:12:13 PM »

I thought Sp1at said we were gonna get a press release shortly? ?no

PLEASE don't tell me you actually believed sp1at?? THEY GUESS and in guessing they HOPE to be right and they aren't.

Merck said their site posts rubbish.? Keep that in your head when you read sp1at.

Of course, they also correctly "guessed" a bunch of the festival dates before they were announced...

As for Merck's comments..I'd say they are generally not quite as credible on the subject as one might think. ?Remember, Merck has a job to do..and he does it very well. ?Any comments he makes are going to be greatly influenced by that job.... Remember, 2005 was the year of GnR.

Are they always 100% right? No...but they're a rumor site and bill themselves as such.

No, sp1at have a RUMORS section as well as a discussion and a news section. ?They USED to be just a rumor board and that is how they SHOULD be viewed as because they guess at everything and only ONCE have I seen something actually true from that site.

sp1at take EVERYTHING and try and rewrite it as REAL NEWS. ?

I remember one time, Tommy gave an interview and sp1at rewrote it to include a supposed release date which Tommy NEVER even talked about in his interview.

They also hang out here at jarmo's site and just try and take what news jarmo gets and pass it off as "you heard it FIRST here on sp1at".

As far as Merck, yeah he has a job to do and he's protecting his client's interest (GNR) the best way he can considering how GNR operate.

And as far as the"2005 is the year of GNR", give Merck a break. ?Haven't you ever thought something was going to happen with something in your life/world and made a comment to someone only to find out you had to once again, change your agenda? Huh

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:15:45 PM by dolphin » Logged
speed_stone
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2006, 12:20:23 PM »

my god i'm so sick of this "merck told us that 2005 would be the year of gnr" bullshit, all he said is what axl tried to do is make gnr have a positive impact in 2005, meaning present time. stop taking shit so literally you crybabies and be happy with what you got as of 2006.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2006, 12:20:49 PM »

this is true, they do sometimes read more into a statement than probably was intended, but who cares, it's usually very easy to tell when they exaggerate. It's also not like they blatantly make stuff up- it's all based on something legit. You just have to use an ounce of brainpower Smiley Also, it doesn't discount the fact that they often find out stuff that nobody else does.

They also hang out here at jarmo's site and just try and take what news jarmo gets and pass it off as "you heard it here on sp1at".

uh, what? ok....

And as far as the"2005 is the year of GNR", give Merck a break. ?Haven't you ever thought something was going to happen with something in your life/world and made a comment to someone only to find out you had to once again, change your agenda? Huh

maybe you should apply that same thinking to the website you're criticizing... things change often in the gnr world, so the information that is true today might not be true tomorrow... that doesn't mean it shouldn't be reported on today.

now you know me better
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2006, 12:21:07 PM »

No, sp1at have a RUMORS section as well as a discussion and a news section. ?

A broad, untrue generalization. ?Do you read the boards?

I remember one time, Tommy gave an interview and sp1at rewrote it to include a supposed release date which Tommy NEVER even talked about in his interview.

They also hang out here at jarmo's site and just try and take what news jarmo gets and pass it off as "you heard it here on sp1at".

I don't remember any such thing with the Tommy interview...anyone else remember the specifics?

On using jarmo's news...Examples? ?'Cause I've seen sp1at give credit to HTGTH on more than one occasion. ?And jarmo has never, to my knowledge, asked them not to use his stuff...so long as they credit HTGTH or the original "source" (FYI, lots of posters post in both places and mail both jarmo and Big Boss the same email when they're reporting news)

As far as Merck, yeah he has a job to do and he's protecting his client's interest (GNR) the best way he can considering how GNR operate.

Exactly my point, actually. ?

I'm sure other people (*cough* splat *cough*) may have had the same thing happen to them.

You choose to not believe splat, or read their stuff. ?Good for you. ?But I don't think bashing them on a public forum is, perhaps, the best way to handle that situation. ?Everyone can easily form their own opinions about splat's credibility, regardless of how Merck (or you) feel about the site. ?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »

my god i'm so sick of this "merck told us that 2005 would be the year of gnr" bullshit, all he said is what axl tried to do is make gnr have a positive impact in 2005, meaning present time. stop taking shit so literally you crybabies and be happy with what you got as of 2006.

You're missing the point.

I'm not calling out Merck because he made the statement.? I'm sure he believed it at the time, given what his client had told him.? I certainly don't hold the statement against him, any more than I hold the "splat is rubish" statement against him.? The guy was doing his job!

I'm saying that Merck says what his clients want him to say.? His credibility, on any subject involving his client, isn't exactly the best.? He's neither impartial nor unbiased....and he shouldn't be.? If he was, he'd suck at his job.

So, in essence, calm the fuck down.? No one is taking Merck to task for anything.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:26:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
speed_stone
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2006, 12:28:09 PM »

You're missing the point.

I'm not calling out Merck because he made the statement.? I'm sure he believed it at the time, given what his client had told him.? I certainly don't hold the statement against him, any more than I hold the "splat is rubish" statement against him.? The guys was doing his job!

I'm saying that Merck says what his clients want him to say.? His credibility, on any subject involving his client, isn't exactly the best.? He's neither impartial nor unbiased....and he shouldn't be.? If he was, he'd suck at his job.

So, in essence, calm the fuck down.? No one is taking Merck to task for anything.

i wasn't talking to you personally but more generally, cause some people have been saying "fuck merck", "merck lied to us, he should resign over this" and basically crying their eyes out over this statement for the best part of 2005. all i'm saying is, in the world of gnr, don't count on anything, just be happy with what you get. people seem to take him for granted but also forget that we're dealing with the same person who attacked fans and started riots on a regular basis here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:29:44 PM by speed_stone » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2006, 12:30:25 PM »

I think the longer they leave it, the more chance of another song leaking.

I'm surprised we've heard nothing yet.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2006, 12:40:39 PM »

why is this suddenly another sp1at bashing thread? get over it people-you dont like em' dont go there, and dont post about them!

i just dont get the negativity...in the span of less than two weeks more good things have happened than in the past 3 years! the band will be touring, and touring extensively, it would seem. i have enough faith at this point to think that axl knows he has one more shot at making this work after blowing it in 2002- if he really values his work, he won't blow it this time. even if we don't (and id say this is unlikely) hear anything until RIR-that's only May. what's three more months compared to 14 years?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2006, 12:46:49 PM »

I think the longer they leave it, the more chance of another song leaking.

I'm surprised we've heard nothing yet.

This is very true.

They should really capitalize on the buzz around gnr before it totally dies down.

However, my guess is that  all they're waiting for is to make sure all the tour dates are 100% confirmed and all the contractsa are signed and everything .

Getting their eggs all lined up, so to speak.

I just think it shouldn't take this long. Especially since the festivals have already announced GNR, and I'm pretty sure Sanctuary would have liked to have been the one to do that officially.

Now they're stuck playing catch-up, and every day they lose more ground. I think by Wednesday we'll hear something... Unless management is totally asleep at the wheel.

now you know me better
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2006, 11:58:03 PM »

48 hours.?

That is all.

OK Phreak...24hours are just about up...that gives us another 24 hours for your prediction.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2006, 12:15:23 AM »

Is because Axl is too busy going to clubs all night and day.
speed_stone
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2006, 12:17:06 AM »

yeah, lord knows axl's been known to be a real party animal the last ten years... Roll Eyes
let the man enjoy himself, he deserves it! ok yes
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2006, 12:22:04 AM »

I think it's cool that he's getting out. It can only be positive...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2006, 12:33:22 AM »

I am not saying that he owes us any explanations about anything that happens over the years at all. In 1992 I was at Giants Stadium for the Guns/Metallica tour. Axl pulled the band off the stage early in the set. I was at MSG 2002 when Axl blew the roof off of the place with the new band. Sorry to say that I was also in Philly the next night when the band never took the stage. We have been hearing rumors about Chinese Democracy for a decade at least. Why does he never let anyone know what is going on or what the truth is. Over the past 10+ years we have heard some of the most ridiculous rumors about this man , some of the stuff being so out there that it cannot possibly be true. Take the Philly riot for example. I did not take part in the riot, although I did hang around a little to see how far it would go. People paid hard earned money for these tickets and some of them left that show with wounds from being hit in the head by bricks outside. Nothing. No statement, no apology, no reasons. So we hear rumors. Axl was sick? Axl was in NY watching a Laker game? Axl thought it would never get better then the MSG show so he pulled the plug on the tour? Axl was out partying all night after the MSG show? Dizzy Reed for years, the album is coming!!!! the album is coming? Finishing touches, final mix downs, choosing artwork. We have heard so much stuff and at the same time have heard nothing at all. Like the rest of you I am thrilled about the leaks and think that they have great potential. But it has been almost 2 weeks now and we have not heard any statements except the tour dates and Axl's "the people will hear the music this year". Axl does not owe us a thing. He owes us nothing at all, but if this thing is going to happen, well tell us. If it is not going to come out, let us know. If it is not going to come out for another 5 years, for god's sake let us know. So they are going to play some festivals this summer...they did the same thing in 2002 and we all said that the album has to come out now and it never did. It was always the same old company line from any band member that was asked about it. Everyone but Axl. I love Guns N Roses. I am looking forward to Chinese Democracy as much as anyone. Sometimes I feel like a sucker for it.

Deadfeat.

What is Chinese Democracy?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2006, 12:41:40 AM »

wow imagine if you had looked just a little bit down the page  Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=26576.0
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2006, 12:41:54 AM »

Because he is AXL ROSE !

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »

Maybe he's out celebrating because he finally finished Chinese Democracy  Wink
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2006, 12:49:14 AM »

It's all part of the package that is Axl Rose...
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2006, 12:52:57 AM »

Maybe he's out celebrating because he finally finished Chinese Democracy? Wink

Or maybe he's out celebrating another year of playing mind games with us and watching us jerk off to the latest leaks?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2006, 12:54:17 AM »

Maybe he's out celebrating because he finally finished Chinese Democracy  Wink

Or maybe he's out celebrating another year of playing mind games with us and watching us jerk off to the latest leaks?

Pessimist  crying
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: