Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl might destroy his own fame after this new tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl might destroy his own fame after this new tour?  (Read 9641 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »

don't dismiss this thread too quickly...image has been a part of Guns legacy.  Whether it be the clothes they wore or simply their attitude - it did make up PART of the GNR legend.

Yes, the music is the most important thing...but this country (The US) is VERY image conscience.  Some people pay less attention to talent and more to image.  Look at Marlon Brando, very talented actor, but he'll prob be remembered more for his weight gain.  Same with Elvis...he is the king of rock n' roll, but you could argue his overall legacy is tarnished by his weight gain and tacky vegas style.  Every poll i've ever seen says they prefer his younger, thinner image compare to his fat, bloated vegas one.

part of axl keeping his name so well reserved has been his absense...we haven't seen him age during his recluse.  the average person is going to remember him in his youthful AFD days...it will def shock people to see the new, older axl.

this is a VERY shallow society we live in.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 12:07:37 PM »

Wow, are people now complaining that Axl is making his comeback? Would you prefer more malaise and inaction?

Me? i would cuz i just prefer inaction than seein' Axl destroyed by himself all cuz of da'baby wanna look like a canadian sportsman ? Roll Eyes ? ? ? ?
speed_stone
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 12:09:10 PM »

ven is like the crazy villager everyone wants nothing to do with personally but can't help but to love it when he speaks for a good laugh hihi
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:11:52 PM by speed_stone » Logged
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 12:10:30 PM »

first peope bitch about how there are no shows, now theres some shows and peope still bitch about him. If you dont like the way he dresses looks or acts DONT GO! rant

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 12:10:55 PM »

canadian sportsman ? Roll Eyes ? ? ? ?

And what's wrong with Canadian sportsmen? rant rant

Origen
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 12:11:07 PM »

I love Axl more than I love Life itself

That sounds creepy.

i hope he becomes that cute rocker he used to be in 1986-1994, what's ur opinion guys?
No I don't think Axl has a time machine.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 12:12:02 PM »

Mike Jackson is another good example of someone with talent who's image changed dramatically and took the focus off of the music and on to the artists look.

well, that and he was accused of touching little boys but thats a whole nother thread Wink

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »

Mike Jackson is another good example of someone with talent who's image changed dramatically and took the focus off of the music and on to the artists look.

well, that and he was accused of touching little boys but thats a whole nother thread Wink

And don't forget dear Britney. I'm excited for the BurgerKing Tour she about to embark on hihi

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »

Britney? come on, we're talking about people with ACTUAL talent here Wink hehe

but good example of how her new image has ruined her career.  I"m sure there are TONS of other examples.

greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 12:19:16 PM »

first peope bitch about how there are no shows, now theres some shows and peope still bitch about him. If you dont like the way he dresses looks or acts DONT GO! rant

I think that's the whole point.  A lot of people AREN'T going to like the way he dresses/looks and AREN'T going to go see GNR or maybe even buy the album.  Hence GNR won't reach their previous heights of fame.  I don't think that's a bad thing.  Most of my favorite bands have never even released an album on a major record label, their shows draw maybe 20-30 people.  that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them or that they don't rock.
anythinggoes
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 12:26:15 PM »

the posts are getting worse here what the fuck is it with everyone

Axls Fat
Axls Bald
Axls had Botox
Axls Ugly
Axls Old
Axls a Wigger

FFS most of us here dont give a fuck what he looks like and he aint got no worries hes rich he will have women crawling at his feet im a male but ill stick my neck out and say he aint no ugly motherfucker. Guns n Roses is about the Music
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 12:46:19 PM »

i hope he becomes that cute rocker he used to be
I cant believe a guy just said this!! nervous nervous nervous nervous

Ven, I told you not to stop taking your medication! nervous

should i say Axl is ugly? c'mon let's admit it for once : Axl is cuter than every rock star in the world!!!!  love  but don't misunderstand me please  smoking
anythinggoes
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »

should i say Axl is ugly? c'mon let's admit it for once : Axl is cuter than every rock star in the world!!!!? love? but don't misunderstand me please? smoking

i think i put it better two posts above Dudes dont Call Dudes Cute unless they are curious hihi
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 12:59:18 PM »

eres una idiota
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »

ok, i don't like the jerseys and the braids myself but Axl looks pretty healthy and seems to be in good shape!!
We should stop to worry about fucking horseshit like this. When the album drops and the songs are only half as good as the leaks have promised "jerseys" will be the only weakness the press and the rest of the public will find

CHINESE DEMOCRACY willl rule the the musicworld (at least mine Roll Eyes )

And to make it official : i became a believer again

m???hhhhh..... hold still ok

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »

should i say Axl is ugly? c'mon let's admit it for once : Axl is cuter than every rock star in the world!!!!  love  but don't misunderstand me please  smoking

i think i put it better two posts above Dudes dont Call Dudes Cute unless they are curious hihi

I think something is getting lost in translation......i hope so at least hehe  hihi

"not that theres anything wrong with that"  hihi

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 01:08:50 PM »

Axl looks fine... in fact he looks like he's in mid/late 30s... not 44. It's absurd to expect that he's going to look like he did in 1987... in fact it would be fvcking weird. I don't think the US public will demand that he look like he did in the 87-93 era OR ELSE... just that he look good/cool.... and, unlike '02, I think he's got that covered now.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 01:27:46 PM »

eres una idiota

All ofa sudden I 'm reading spanish without difficulty!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 01:41:32 PM »

Gnr will not have the success it had in 92-93. That was an unreal time period for any band in the last forty years. I hope that the sales of CD are solid but not exaggerated by a surge of bandwagon fans and not depressed by the perpetuation of Mr. rose as a washed up artist. 

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »

NO leave this, just erase or lock any real news, ain't that the way it works around here

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: