Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:39:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Serious. How FUCKING great is it to hear Axl's voice again singing new sHit?!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Serious. How FUCKING great is it to hear Axl's voice again singing new sHit?!!  (Read 4191 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: February 18, 2006, 02:16:26 AM »

Finally got my first moment, with these new songs. I heard them before, but not in that perfect condition and atmosphere where I can just be at peace and chill (and taking it all in proper like).

Something hit me now, that didn't happen before. Instead of just feeling the rock tracks and digging them hard at this one small level, I heard Axl. I heard him on Oh My God, and live on the 2002 tour, but man, this was different. I can't quite put my finger on it.

...it will come to me.

All I know is tonight... I heard Axl sounding really fucking cool. You know I missed it. But, its damn good to hear him sounding badass on even more new material.

There was a Time (cough) that I wasn't sure I would ever hear him singing on new shit. In the past I wondered if he ever did release some new shit he would probably sound really different and probably not that cool anymore.

But fuck me. Here he is. He sounds fucking great. He sounds just like Axl Rose. He sounds just like that crazy fucking lead singer I always thought was badass and had a cool ass fucking voice.

This is really very cool. I actually feel really happy. This is some Good shit right here.

So I ask you again.

How FUCKING great is it to hear Axl's voice again singing new sHit Motherfuckers?!!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 02:19:03 AM »

the word you are looking for is..emotion

you can feel the emotion axl puts into these new songs...into every word...the way he delivers it...you dont hear that on radio anymore....thats why Axl is Axl..emotion..real..pure....mature

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 02:20:14 AM »

True that.

TWAT and Madagascar have more emotion then 95% of music in the scene today.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 02:20:41 AM »

i am ready for the studio versions! ?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 02:21:06 AM »

agree with everything written in this thread so far!!!

what i heard is better than what i expected. i had high hopes, but this is the shit!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 02:22:53 AM »

My favourite thing about Axl is his voice, the way he uses it, manipulates it, the different tones etc. The emotion. Love it.
And he's sounding fucking amazing right now.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 02:26:50 AM »

Anyone worried that he has lost it?

I think Axl put alot of doubters to bed.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr. Oral Sex
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:28:03 AM »

agree with everything written in this thread so far!!!

what i heard is better than what i expected. i had high hopes, but this is the shit!!

Exactly my thoughts. Im soooo tired... but news on all this is too exciting... I know it wont come for a few more days though.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:32:19 AM »

My favourite thing about Axl is his voice, the way he uses it, manipulates it, the different tones etc. The emotion. Love it.

Reminds me of that interview a few years back(forgive me for not remembering the source), I believe it was with Tommy, where he was quoted as saying that a lot of people would be amazed by the emotional depth in his vocals and how he'd done things with his voice in these sessions that were above and beyond anything acheived earlier...Thanks for bringing that back to my mind.
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 02:33:48 AM »

OK, so I was beginning to doubt that Chinese Democracy even existed...I thought that the other members may have been phoning it in, not giving 100%, but I'll be damned if these new songs haven't 10000000000% restored my faith in GNR. I WAS pissed, not hearing anything, not knowing anything, but know I know. The last 10 years haven't been a waste. I can't wait for Chinese Democracy to come out and rule the world.

Those who know me know that I don't just spout off Axl rhetoric, but I FUCKING LOVE THESE NEW DEMOS!

Just had to share my thoughts and my renewed faith in Axl and Gund N' FUCKING Roses!!

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 02:36:58 AM »

Reminds me of that interview a few years back(forgive me for not remembering the source), I believe it was with Tommy, where he was quoted as saying that a lot of people would be amazed by the emotional depth in his vocals and how he'd done things with his voice in these sessions that were above and beyond anything acheived earlier...Thanks for bringing that back to my mind.

i forgive you for not remembring the source hihi ppbebe is good in findeing interviews though...

the music reminds me of all the comments by band members who said that CD is gonne be great by the way..... the didn?t promise too much ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 02:40:05 AM »

Just had to share my thoughts and my renewed faith in Axl and Gund N' FUCKING Roses!!

This is the place to do it man.

I am feeling all this.

To what youngunner says, to this

"My favourite thing about Axl is his voice, the way he uses it, manipulates it, the different tones etc. The emotion. Love it.
And he's sounding fucking amazing right now."

I dig that. I am hearing all of this. Fuck... I am feeling damn proud too on top of it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 02:41:54 AM »

OK, so I was beginning to doubt that Chinese Democracy even existed...I thought that the other members may have been phoning it in, not giving 100%, but I'll be damned if these new songs haven't 10000000000% restored my faith in GNR. I WAS pissed, not hearing anything, not knowing anything, but know I know. The last 10 years haven't been a waste. I can't wait for Chinese Democracy to come out and rule the world.

Those who know me know that I don't just spout off Axl rhetoric, but I FUCKING LOVE THESE NEW DEMOS!

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 02:45:09 AM »

His voice sounds great on Better. The start of it he sounds completely Different.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 02:45:24 AM »

i forgive you for not remembring the source hihi ppbebe is good in findeing interviews though...

the music reminds me of all the comments by band members who said that CD is gonne be great by the way..... the didn?t promise too much ok

Let me say this; they could have/should be boasting a hell of a lot more, and none of it would be unwarranted thus far
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 02:50:38 AM »

This is fun!  I can't stop listening to these songs.  I hope that he releases everything soon because this is great!
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 02:52:54 AM »

after hearing all these goddamn fantastic demos... it seems to me some of Axl's comments are finally making sense...... don't wait around for this CD. As opposed to how the media generally presents him, as being an old wash up with writer's block, he's more of a fine artist, who just thinks that things will take as long as they need to until they're completed. Regardless of what else is on the album, though I have faith that it will be kickass, if it just has Maddy, The Blues, Better, Irs, and Twat... it'll be fucking monumental and brilliant. Just having these songs in various forms is incredible.
I'm proud of Axl, really... I think he always knew what he was doing. And we just had to have faith  peace yeah it took a long time, but.. worth it in the end? Hard to say definitively since there is no final product yet, but even just from those demos.... I am not hesitant in saying.. yes.

robots.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 02:53:41 AM »

fuck yes its worth the wait.  Grin  Axl knows what he's doing.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 03:26:08 AM »

yes he does.

the one an only horsey !
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 03:28:30 AM »

Guys, its gonna happen. We are finally gonna be able to tell every motherfucker who doubted/bad mouthed Axl "we told you so." Never again are we going to have to put up with morons claiming there is no way Guns N Roses could be relevant again. Axl has delivered at the least.... an album that is going to have at least 3-4 radio singles on it. Even if the rest is just filler.. there is enough we have heard to know Axl is going to get back in the limelight.

That being said, I don't think C.D is going to have any filler, I think Axl is going to deliver the goods. In a task that almost seemed impossible, I think he is going to come close to living up to the name.. Guns N Roses.

This has been a great week, I think Mr. Rose has laid all doubts to rest. Cheers to all of us who waited patiently for so long. In the end... we were right. smoking beer smoking beer
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: