Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl records two albums
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl records two albums  (Read 15156 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »

its taken this long for one album,i dont care about a second album right now.if we get 2 albums this year then so be it,but if we only get one then ill be tottaly as happy.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2006, 11:45:03 PM »

I knew this wasnt going to be 100% legit because if it was there would be 20 pages already

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
Yesterdaze
Opening Act

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2006, 11:49:14 PM »

Of course, Mysteron said the same thing in the "Deeper look into Axl's comments" thread, and said it was confirmed by management.

Smiley

If any of you were paying any attention at all, you'd soon realize that Mysteron and whoever runs the Sp1at site are one and the same. The evidence is waist deep.
rainX
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2006, 11:54:26 PM »

Of course, Mysteron said the same thing in the "Deeper look into Axl's comments" thread, and said it was confirmed by management.

Smiley

If any of you were paying any attention at all, you'd soon realize that Mysteron and whoever runs the Sp1at site are one and the same. The evidence is waist deep.

That's absurd.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2006, 11:56:22 PM »

Smiley

Oh really now, care to point out how you came to that conclusion?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2006, 01:03:27 AM »

Smiley

Uh........I don't think so.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2006, 01:24:35 AM »

wasn't it stated from ages ago (read: years) that CD was 1 of 3 albums being recorded?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2006, 03:00:29 AM »

wasn't it stated from ages ago (read: years) that CD was 1 of 3 albums being recorded?

Ages ago was stated that he had 2 albums worth of material.... Maybe 2000 that was said?? I'm not in a search mood.. Also said was an illusion's type tour (but for the 2002 tour) where they would tour for months with small breaks over a few year period.. Also axl had said about how you would get several albums dropping at different times..

All the quotes can be found in the archives or if you have the book The Band that Time Forgot a great deal of axl's words are in there from new gnr ok

Either way I'm glad he spoke but he is still a little vague.... He has said se you next summer and time to rap this baby up years before..
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2006, 08:04:23 AM »

Well, firstly to the person who said it doesn't make marketing sense to release two albums at once, I think we know by now that marketing is the one thing Axl doesn't care about (if he did he wouldn't wait so long to release an album). And after all this time the label aren't going to argue with him as long as they get at least one album. Having said that the original splat article said only the first one would be released this year. Although the second one would be finished already, it would not be released for some time. With all the songs they are working on this seems the most sensible. Although personally i would like to see a collection of the best songs on album rather that a mixture over two. Or maybe he has a seperate creative vision for both albums, like one is epic and complex like UYI in the extreme, and the other is a more straightforward hard rock album like AFD. That would be cool.

By the way, I have no doubt they read what Mysteron said and posted it on Splat. Mysteron is quite reliable because normally he speaks to rubbish rumours or stories as false. He doesn't make up stuff. But this time he is saying something positive so I believe he is telling the truth. As we've seen though, plans for CD can change all the time, so who knows.

Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2006, 08:21:53 AM »

1. I will believe it? when I see it in stores (or THEM in stores)

Agree.? ok

2. it really makes no sense from a marketing standpoint to release? 2 albums in one year. So I am dubious.

Nevertheless that?s what they did with Use Your Illusions in 1991. They sold pretty well. Still in this case I doubt it too.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2006, 11:09:27 AM »

Smiley

funnily enough, I had wondered the same thing

however, I think its doubtful

what is the "evidence" you refer to apart from the fact that they both have some contact at Sanctuary?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2006, 11:24:10 AM »

Smiley

what is the "evidence" you refer to apart from the fact that they both have some contact at Sanctuary?
rofl He doesn't have any "evidence". This guy sounds like the guy who had "evidence" that I was Paul Huge. hihi

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2006, 01:01:10 PM »

Well, firstly to the person who said it doesn't make marketing sense to release two albums at once, I think we know by now that marketing is the one thing Axl doesn't care about (if he did he wouldn't wait so long to release an album).

Actually, what you say is not true, on two counts.
1. If you will remember to the UYI days, it was released as 2 albums and not a double because Axl was sensitive to making people buy a double. In an interview he remarked how it is harder to get (kids) people to shell out for a double album but much easier for a single album.

2. Axl, and the people who support his procrastination, have been arguing for years that CD will be released until it is 'perfect', which at a minimum suggests that he cares what people think, which in turn ties directly into marketing and reputation.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

Would everyone stop talking about 2 albums being released at once.  Who ever said that?  All they said was that there will be two abums worth of material done when they are done with recording. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2006, 03:50:24 PM »

To be more exact, they are recording two albums at once and these are CD and its successor according to Mysteron.

keke, I guess immediately I saw the pics, somehow I knew he had two albums up his sleeve or under his goatee, as I said in the new Axl photo thread.  hihi
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 03:55:26 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

Well, I guess we'll know if it's true or not when we get some sort of press release.

Or even more so when we see it in the stores. Smiley
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2006, 08:20:40 AM »

Smiley

maybe mysteron was also on his "band arriving in vegas" video and said that he`s running sp1at........ ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2006, 08:39:44 PM »

Some times I have holy shits. They look like swiss cheese.  But there brown not white.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2006, 12:03:02 AM »

you're not paul huge... you're paul tobias
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2006, 04:25:50 AM »

Smiley

rofl He doesn't have any "evidence". This guy sounds like the guy who had "evidence" that I was Paul Huge. hihi

Oh, that wasn't true??  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: