Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?  (Read 43085 times)
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2005, 04:31:19 AM »

No movie,  no matter the budget, hence,   'Black Hawk Down'    is any kind of justice to the songs of GNR.   these movies are just
corporate marketing blunders trying to whore out the great songs of old bands like GNR.   Yeah they have great tunes  like 'Jungle'
'sweet child' already put into shit soundtracks, but does that even do justice to a band of great stature like GNR?   Not enough corporate money can justify that.   Thank God Axl is the ONLY one thinking of preserving their roots,  not like Duuf and Slursh trying to whore anything to pay for their mansions!   

ps.    by the way,  Duff rules!!! ok
Dust N Rose
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2005, 11:16:55 AM »

ps.? ? by the way,? Duff rules!!! ok

Lol drool

Btw, Nesquick has a point about the chance. Besides it doesn't matter how good or worth is the movie (GN'R used songs like KHOD in average movies). The attraction matters most. End of Days wasn't a worthy movie too and oh my god doesn't remind us the movie that much. It doesn't mean the song will be willy-nilly connected with the movie content. Just a metaphor, so relax. It won't hurt the reputation of the songs. I don't like the da Vinci washout, but it's a good movement if it's gonna be real.
And Tom Hanks is still big star, mind you.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2005, 11:49:19 AM »

[quote author=rainX link=topic=22601.msg392905#msg392905 date=1127022347 Axl told the fan "Chinese Democracy" will be released early next year, and Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack. The movie, based on Dan Brown?s controversial best-selling novel, is currently in production and stars Tom Hanks. Could 2006 be the year for legendary Axl Rose?

love beer

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2005, 12:21:02 PM »

I don't want to be a pesimist but I better keep my hopes low and if it happens I'll invite everyone in this message board a round of Beer, Mark my words everyone  ok
PS: Ecuadorian beer  Cheesy

No man can be my equal
rainX
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2005, 12:22:16 PM »

No movie,  no matter the budget, hence,   'Black Hawk Down'    is any kind of justice to the songs of GNR.   these movies are just
corporate marketing blunders trying to whore out the great songs of old bands like GNR.   Yeah they have great tunes  like 'Jungle'
'sweet child' already put into shit soundtracks, but does that even do justice to a band of great stature like GNR?   Not enough corporate money can justify that.   Thank God Axl is the ONLY one thinking of preserving their roots,  not like Duuf and Slursh trying to whore anything to pay for their mansions!   

ps.    by the way,  Duff rules!!! ok

The reason why they wanted to put Jungle on the blackhawk down soundtrack was not to "whore it out" but because it was based on a true story and THEY WERE REALLY LISTENING TO JUNGLE in a part of it.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2005, 12:49:09 PM »

I don't want to be a pesimist but I better keep my hopes low and if it happens I'll invite everyone in this message board a round of Beer, Mark my words everyone  ok

Yeeew

Is it good beeer ? Undecided

Nothing to say
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2005, 01:01:06 PM »

Maybe Merck didn't deny anything because there's nothing formal and written in at least pencil yet. Wink

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2005, 01:09:55 PM »

Maybe Merck didn't deny anything because there's nothing formal and written in at least pencil yet. Wink

That's what I'm thinking, Voodoochild.  Smiley  Lets just hope this all comes to fruition soon, I am getting really tired of the same damn 50 or so CDs in rotation on my iPod.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2005, 03:19:46 PM »

I like this news. Makes me happy for some reason... and I usually don't get worked up over rumours.

I really hope this sparks something in the GNR machine.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2005, 04:03:53 PM »

[quote author=rainX link=topic=22601.msg392905#msg392905 date=1127022347 Axl told the fan "Chinese Democracy" will be released early next year, and Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack. The movie, based on Dan Brown?s controversial best-selling novel, is currently in production and stars Tom Hanks. Could 2006 be the year for legendary Axl Rose?

love beer

Mademoiselle, I was waiting for your post.
I remember reading your thread on this film..when I was a newbie here. Grin

Isn't it wicked if it comes true?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2005, 04:06:28 PM »

Yeeew

Corona?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2005, 04:21:14 PM »

Yeeew

Ohh yes it's good beer! ask anyone from Ecuador  Grin

Corona?

Nop, Pilsener  ok

No man can be my equal
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2005, 05:14:39 PM »

Eh.  Undecided
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2005, 07:04:35 PM »

Dahls pils for me.... Eventuelt Mack ?l  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2005, 07:17:39 PM »

When and if and only if, Axl says so. ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2005, 12:28:09 AM »

The writer/reporter, Rose Quintiliano, says Guns N' Roses is his all time favorite band, and that he's a "die hard" fan of Axl...   
it appears also that he is a fan of heretodaygonetohell.com  ok

From Canyon News' Star Gazing by Rose Quintiliano:
Nov. 1, 2003:  Axl Rose Guns N' Roses frontman who I've been hunting down, is harder to find than Osama Bin Laden. Been under a rock? Then, and only then, have you NOT heard of "Chinese Democracy."The question on everyone's mind is when is "Chinese Democracy" going to be released? The talk on the street is that he has been working hard on the most promised album in the history of rock which we are hoping will be released by the end of 2003. According to one of my sources Axl is very down to earth and very friendly contrary to popular opinion and press reports. A lot of people commented on how good he looked as well and in person Axl did appear fit and youthful. He seems hopeful that patient fans would finally have the album by the end of the year. One thing that may bear in the equation is the recent changes with Geffen Records. It seems that MCA Records was effectively folded and most of the roster was moved over to Geffen. Word on the street is Geffen will be reorganized and in effect become once again a full self-standing record company (over the past few years Geffen was ran as part of Geffen / Interscope / A&M). What that means is there will be more muscle behind a new GNR release when the time comes. According to the source Axl didn' touch the subject, it may be a favorable factor in the release of the album. Or it could mean that Axl, like many musicians, is simply a perfectionist and couldn't sit with the idea of releasing music he felt wasn't perfect. The last tour of Guns and Roses, was promoted by Clear Channel Communications. More than 5.7 million Guns and Roses fans can't be wrong. I'm a die-hard fan of Axl Rose, and all I'm going to say is remember "November Rain", I'm on your side. What do I have to do get a tattoo of Guns and Roses?

NOTE: It was brought to my attention that the write-up on Axl Rose that I mentioned that was sent to me by email is old news and that the information was from the Anti Music board. Unfortunately I took the information at face-value from my source, not realizing that I should verify everything first. In an email from Keavin Wiggins Publisher/Editor of Anti Music that I received dated October 31st he stated as follows regarding the release
of "Chinese Democracy":

No date yet. Axl came to our Led Zeppelin DVD release party and told us that he hopes to have the recording done by the end of the year. Basically he wants it perfect and he's co-producing it. That's all we know off hand at this point. As with anything GNR related, believe it when it happens.

May 21, 2004:  Guns N' Roses (my all time favorite) is in the top ten with the release of their "Greatest Hits." GNR is No.1 in the UK and Ireland, and No.3 in Belgium, according Jarmo Luukkonen, whose website www.heretodaygonetohell.com is one of GNR?s top unofficial fan websites.

Mar 20, 2005:  Star Gazing read the March 6 article in the New York Times ?The Most Expensive Album Never Made? regarding Guns N? Roses infamous ?Chinese Democracy? CD. As you may know, the die-hard fans of the group have been hanging on for decades, waiting for a glimmer of hope on the release date of the most anticipated CD of the 21st Century. Axl Rose, who has often been misunderstood if not excoriated by the press, has kept zip-locked about the article. Merck Mercuriadis, the chief executive officer of Sanctuary Group, and who currently manages Mr. Rose, responded to the article by writing a letter to the editor of the NY Times. The letter was posted on www.heretodaygonetohell.com, the unofficial Guns N? Roses site. ?Chinese Democracy? will undoubtedly be critically-acclaimed, if and when it will be released.

I don't think this writer would have printed this unless he/she had reason to believe it to be true.  And its good news...   So I'm pleased to hear it... and remain, as always, a believer and supporter of Axl and the new band. 

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2005, 12:36:21 AM »

Everything combined could be a phenomenal promotional push for the band. Definitely MUCH bigger than in 2002. It could be even bigger than in 1991 with Terminator 2. Very good news (if it's true). Everybody wants something big. Beeing big is what GN'R is destinied for. This is the status of this band. This band is destinied to be #1.

I think you may have forgotten a little minor detail.  In 1991 GN'R were the biggest band in the friggin' universe.  That just isn't the case anymore.  You're really over-estimating the demand for GN'R.  If CD comes out, it'll be big.  But thinking it'll be bigger than UYI in '91 is just dillusional.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2005, 02:43:39 AM »

The writer/reporter, Rose Quintiliano, says Guns N' Roses is his all time favorite band, and that he's a "die hard" fan of Axl...
it appears also that he is a fan of heretodaygonetohell.com ok

From Canyon News' Star Gazing by Rose Quintiliano:
Nov. 1, 2003: Axl Rose Guns N' Roses frontman who I've been hunting down, is harder to find than Osama Bin Laden. Been under a rock? Then, and only then, have you NOT heard of "Chinese Democracy."The question on everyone's mind is when is "Chinese Democracy" going to be released? The talk on the street is that he has been working hard on the most promised album in the history of rock which we are hoping will be released by the end of 2003. According to one of my sources Axl is very down to earth and very friendly contrary to popular opinion and press reports. A lot of people commented on how good he looked as well and in person Axl did appear fit and youthful. He seems hopeful that patient fans would finally have the album by the end of the year. One thing that may bear in the equation is the recent changes with Geffen Records. It seems that MCA Records was effectively folded and most of the roster was moved over to Geffen. Word on the street is Geffen will be reorganized and in effect become once again a full self-standing record company (over the past few years Geffen was ran as part of Geffen / Interscope / A&M). What that means is there will be more muscle behind a new GNR release when the time comes. According to the source Axl didn' touch the subject, it may be a favorable factor in the release of the album. Or it could mean that Axl, like many musicians, is simply a perfectionist and couldn't sit with the idea of releasing music he felt wasn't perfect. The last tour of Guns and Roses, was promoted by Clear Channel Communications. More than 5.7 million Guns and Roses fans can't be wrong. I'm a die-hard fan of Axl Rose, and all I'm going to say is remember "November Rain", I'm on your side. What do I have to do get a tattoo of Guns and Roses?

NOTE: It was brought to my attention that the write-up on Axl Rose that I mentioned that was sent to me by email is old news and that the information was from the Anti Music board. Unfortunately I took the information at face-value from my source, not realizing that I should verify everything first. In an email from Keavin Wiggins Publisher/Editor of Anti Music that I received dated October 31st he stated as follows regarding the release
of "Chinese Democracy":

No date yet. Axl came to our Led Zeppelin DVD release party and told us that he hopes to have the recording done by the end of the year. Basically he wants it perfect and he's co-producing it. That's all we know off hand at this point. As with anything GNR related, believe it when it happens.

May 21, 2004: Guns N' Roses (my all time favorite) is in the top ten with the release of their "Greatest Hits." GNR is No.1 in the UK and Ireland, and No.3 in Belgium, according Jarmo Luukkonen, whose website www.heretodaygonetohell.com is one of GNR?s top unofficial fan websites.

Mar 20, 2005: Star Gazing read the March 6 article in the New York Times ?The Most Expensive Album Never Made? regarding Guns N? Roses infamous ?Chinese Democracy? CD. As you may know, the die-hard fans of the group have been hanging on for decades, waiting for a glimmer of hope on the release date of the most anticipated CD of the 21st Century. Axl Rose, who has often been misunderstood if not excoriated by the press, has kept zip-locked about the article. Merck Mercuriadis, the chief executive officer of Sanctuary Group, and who currently manages Mr. Rose, responded to the article by writing a letter to the editor of the NY Times. The letter was posted on www.heretodaygonetohell.com, the unofficial Guns N? Roses site. ?Chinese Democracy? will undoubtedly be critically-acclaimed, if and when it will be released.

I don't think this writer would have printed this unless he/she had reason to believe it to be true. And its good news... So I'm pleased to hear it... and remain, as always, a believer and supporter of Axl and the new band.

Awesome, Eva!
For me, this is almost the proof that the thing about "a Malibu fan" was just a story to cover the real source (someone from sony's Da Vinci Codes or someone on the GNR Camp).

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2005, 07:56:20 AM »

love beer

Mademoiselle, I was waiting for your post.
I remember reading your thread on this film..when I was a newbie here. Grin

Isn't it wicked if it comes true?

Yep, you know me well now.  Kiss

I'm very happy. And i wish it so plenty of success. Kiss

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2005, 07:59:45 AM »

Yeeew

Corona?

sip and straw. Two more months and i can drink a beer !!!! ( ps, guess what ? i met my obstetrician for the first time today ? he put me on a fish greens low fat yohurt diet for the rest of my pregnancy ? he says the big weight i gained is probably due to me doing diabetes with the pregnancy ? i am SO pissed, yuck foods and water ...off topic i know but had to tell you !!!)

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: