Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?  (Read 40415 times)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2005, 04:55:15 AM »

rofl

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2005, 05:08:09 AM »

KICK ASS! I LOVE DA VINCI CODE AND GN'R. AND TOM HANKS IS MA FAV ACTOR, ROCK ON peace

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2005, 09:31:55 AM »

far fetched. but it would be great ok

Mmmmmm....faaaaar feeeettttccccchhhhed.

drool....

Seriously...loved the book (as fiction, mind you) and was looking forward to the movie, already.  Now hoping this is true, and looking forward to it even more.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2005, 09:37:51 AM »

- Chinese Democracy release
- Da Vinci Code soundtrack (meaning a single)
- Rock in Rio 5

3 events in a short period of time. I think we have the Masterplan for a monstruous come-back. I can already feel it.? ok

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2005, 09:39:36 AM »

2006 will not be the year for Axl rose...Or maybe it will be, just like 2004 and 2005 were. I love to see him prove me wrong, but he won't. When I have CD in my hands I will have faith in him again, but only then.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2005, 10:08:21 AM »

Round One was the 2002 MTV VMAs.
Round Two will be the DVC soundtrack in 2006.

2002: 2+0+0+2 = 4
2002 + 4 = 2006

Round Three will be the release of Chinese Democracy (2014)
2006: 2+0+06 = 8
2006 + 8 = 2014

Round Four will be the Chinese Democracy Finally Starts Now Tour (2021)
2014: 2+0+1+4 = 7
2014 + 7 = 2021

... can't wait to order my tickets!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2005, 10:39:21 AM »

he played it to Mick, and the rest is history.

Weitzman also said that Slash and Duff have a history of filing "sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda." Even though Axl Rose is facing legal problems, it didn?t stop him from chatting and signing an autograph for a fan in Malibu a few weeks ago. Axl told the fan "Chinese Democracy" will be released early next year, and Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack. The movie, based on Dan Brown?s controversial best-selling novel, is currently in production and stars Tom Hanks. Could 2006 be the year for legendary Axl Rose?

Rose?s Scoop: Jennifer Lopez recorded a reggaeton song a few weeks ago with Pharrell Williams in Puerto Rico. Reggaeton is the latest craze, a mix of Jamaican reggae, hip-hop and Latin beats. Sheryl Crow will be tying the knot with Lance Armstrong next spring. Crow?s fifth album, "Wildflower," will be released later this month. Finally, The Emmys will be aired on Sept. 18 with host Ellen Degeneres, a New Orleans native.

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_3490.php

Hey, How is it possible that a "Fan" was able to CHAT with Axl, isnt that frustrating? We all Guns N Roses fans, have been asking for a chance like this, but Now again, How is it possible that, THAT Malibu fan was able to chat with him? Well it pisses me off dudes... And By the way,  How can we, simple mortals, ever chat with him?  rant  crying

Anyway, Viva el reggaeton es buena onda eh Wink

@;----,.---.-,----,.-- Tpr...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2005, 02:53:43 PM »

Madison. mygnrforum.

Well, apparently Merck prefers to stay on the fence on this rumor - which, in itself, isn't bad news for us.

Let me explain. We exchanged multiple emails about the published story about the Da Vinci Code soundtrack and the rumored early 2006 release date.

At first, he said he can't take the time to respond to every single rumor. So, I pointed out that this particular one appeared in a published newspaper article and was quoting Axl. So, I asked if Axl had been misquoted.

After a few more exchanges, where he gave rather cryptic replies, I simply asked flat-out if he would confirm if the two rumors were false.

His reply:

".... It means it might be true and that equally well it might not be true."

*sigh* ... Ok, I know this isn't the answer many wanted - but it does offer hope. Keep in mind - in the past, Merck would flatly dismiss rumors that were totally untrue.  He didn't do that this time. 

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

Madison. mygnrforum.

Well, apparently Merck prefers to stay on the fence on this rumor - which, in itself, isn't bad news for us.

Let me explain. We exchanged multiple emails about the published story about the Da Vinci Code soundtrack and the rumored early 2006 release date.

At first, he said he can't take the time to respond to every single rumor. So, I pointed out that this particular one appeared in a published newspaper article and was quoting Axl. So, I asked if Axl had been misquoted.

After a few more exchanges, where he gave rather cryptic replies, I simply asked flat-out if he would confirm if the two rumors were false.

His reply:

*sigh* ... Ok, I know this isn't the answer many wanted - but it does offer hope. Keep in mind - in the past, Merck would flatly dismiss rumors that were totally untrue.? He didn't do that this time.?

Yeah, just read that. And this part is interesting. Lets just wait for the update Tommy talked about! Yoho! This is kinda exciting..  peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2005, 02:57:50 PM »

Merk reply is called a "diplomatic" reply. It means the rumour is TRUE. It's like when 2 companies negociate. They never say "yes" but "it might be not false". They never confirm, they just avoid to deny it.

Guys, it will be huge. The countdown has already started.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 03:01:03 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »

I think next spring/summer will be very hot concerning GN'R. On top of that it will be the Football Worldcup. Everything is going to be big. Everything is going to happen in Europe, RIR, GN'R come back (?), the Worldcup, plus the Da Vinci "la Joconde" paint is in "Le Louvre" in Paris, and I guess the movie will bring a lot of people (sighseeing) to go to Le Louvre. And in people's mind, inconsciently, they may associate the paint to the movie, and then to GN'R.

Everything combined could be a phenomenal promotional push for the band. Definitely MUCH bigger than in 2002. It could be even bigger than in 1991 with Terminator 2. Very good news (if it's true). Everybody wants something big. Beeing big is what GN'R is destinied for. This is the status of this band. This band is destinied to be #1.

Sounds good to me Nesquick! I like the sound of this theory!! I for one would love to see a GnR song on the Da Vinci Code soundtrack, because it has been one of the best books I have read in ages along with all of Dan Browns novels!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2005, 04:25:26 PM »

I could care less about a soundtrack appearance, I want the damn CD!!!!

Seriously, GnR should put everything else aside until that hurdle has been jumped,

we've already had like 2 (End of Days and Interview with a Vampire) or 3 (if you count Big Daddy) soundtrack songs since TSI. Enough already, release an album then whore out your songs to movies.  Wink

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2005, 04:32:17 PM »

I tend to think that the rumor is true... It makes a ton of sense... and would certainly seem to vindicate Axl's waiting all these years for "just the right moment"... etc... Plus, plenty of reasons ($$$$) for Howard, Hanks, Brown, the movie studio, record label, GN'R, etc. to want this deal to go down...

My worry is about whether Axl can deliver the music in time. We know he doesn't respond well to the pressures of deadlines. This type of transaction only adds on another layer of people (movie studio execs.) barking at Axl to get the project finished... ?

If Axl is already done with the album, or virtually done... I like the chances of this going down. But if he has say 15% still to go- I have a hard time seeing Axl busting his balls to get the record (or track) finished just so Ron Howard can have his music for his precious movie... nervous

Hopefully the finished record is sitting in the can (as some have speculated) and Axl is just waiting for the right time to put it out... and thus DVC can be the vehicle he's looking for.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
POPmetal
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »

Seriously, GnR should put everything else aside until that hurdle has been jumped,

we've already had like 2 (End of Days and Interview with a Vampire) or 3 (if you count Big Daddy) soundtrack songs since TSI. Enough already, release an album then whore out your songs to movies.? Wink

Seriously dude! Plus, if they are gonna do the soundtrack bullshit, why not go for one of the big blockbuster releases? I don't know much about this thing (I just watched the trailer and it was nothing but hype, so I couldn't get a sense of what the movie is about), but it's not even a Memorial Day or Independence Day release. Furthermore, it's based on a book, so it's most likely going to get a load of criticism from fans of the book who didn't like how the movie was made (with a few exceptions like LOTR, this almost always happen). Tom Hanks doesn't have the starpower he used to. His last few movies have not done that well. Then we're gonna have people saying that Axl is copying VR cuz they did soundtracks. This is an all around bad idea.
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2005, 06:10:15 PM »

If all of this does pan out , the spring of 06' is going to be pretty good for GnR fans . The release finally of the new Guns record, a new single by GnR, and a new VR album. Hell that is enough to tide me over for the whole year. I dont even bother calling it 'Chinese Democracy' anymore, i really will be surprised if they still use that after all of these years.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2005, 08:58:32 PM »

we've already had like 2 (End of Days and Interview with a Vampire) or 3 (if you count Big Daddy) soundtrack songs since TSI. Enough already, release an album then whore out your songs to movies.? Wink

Seriously dude! Plus, if they are gonna do the soundtrack bullshit, why not go for one of the big blockbuster releases? I don't know much about this thing (I just watched the trailer and it was nothing but hype, so I couldn't get a sense of what the movie is about), but it's not even a Memorial Day or Independence Day release. Furthermore, it's based on a book, so it's most likely going to get a load of criticism from fans of the book who didn't like how the movie was made (with a few exceptions like LOTR, this almost always happen). Tom Hanks doesn't have the starpower he used to. His last few movies have not done that well. Then we're gonna have people saying that Axl is copying VR cuz they did soundtracks. This is an all around bad idea.

This movie will be huge - a blockbuster
The book has been a huuuugeee success as in one of the biggest phenomenons the literary worlds ever seen - broken records as a bestseller etc...
Mark my words, Tom Hanks waning starpower will not stop this movie being a huge one - it has an enormous ready-made fanbase

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2005, 09:05:31 PM »

I'm actually going to read the book because of this news.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2005, 09:07:24 PM »

ummm it would definetly be cool but how credible is this info?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2005, 12:16:29 AM »

"Round Four will be the Chinese Democracy Finally Starts Now Tour (2021)"

hihi That would cracked me up...

I'll believe this when I see it. Or when Axl gives a press release (Never...)

gnrevolution.com
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2005, 02:18:48 AM »

Madison. mygnrforum.

His reply:

*sigh* ... Ok, I know this isn't the answer many wanted - but it does offer hope. Keep in mind - in the past, Merck would flatly dismiss rumors that were totally untrue.  He didn't do that this time. 

Is it me or does Merck sound very testy. I think he is taking a 'don't bother me' approach to these rumors. I would suggest people refrain from bothering the guy when some niblet of 'news' stuffed in a bottle washes up on the shore.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: