Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:44:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?  (Read 40565 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2005, 06:02:23 PM »

If that rumor is true about Axl wanting to put a song on the "Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack, I have but one question? How could GN'R fit in with a mvie about Jesus?

have you even read the book Huh ? ?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RichardNixon
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2005, 07:02:24 PM »

I heard a rumor that Da Vinci put codes in all his paintings, not about Christ's secret child, but about the release date of Chinese Democracy.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2005, 10:27:06 PM »

Jesu?

=

Axl

Grin

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2005, 10:28:56 PM »

Ack, knew I got a few typos in there somewhere.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2005, 08:00:17 PM »

I was driving to work this morning, and I was listening to a program called "Back-Tracks U.S.A.," apparently hosted by Kid Kelley.  The program is not local to Delaware.  It's syndicated across the U.S.  This morning's program was all '90's songs.  I'm not ashamed to admit I was listening to Cristina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle."  (The chick's hot, and I'm shallow, and the song has a good beat)  As I'm pulling into work at around 8:10 am, the d.j. comes on as the intro. of November Rain is starting up.  He says, "Lead singer of Guns N Roses, Axl Rose, has told fans to expect a new song by Guns on the soundtrack for the upcoming movie, The Davinci Code."  No further info. was given, or a source for that matter.

While I was quite happy to hear it, I'm sure it was info. taken from the same rumors we've heard already.  I kinda laughed and thought to myself, "Axl hasn't said jack-shit to us fans  hihi"  Anyhow, I just thought I'd let y'all know!

P.S.  a note for Devoid and anyone else who hasn't read the Davinci Code...READ IT!  It's a very interesting book.  I can TOTALLY see an emotional piano-driven work of Axl being worked into a soundtrack.  Axl should be paying the movie studio to get a tie-in with this AUTOMATIC MOVIE BLOCKBUSTER!  Can anyone say Terminator 2???  I'm totally serious...this would be huge for Axl and the new Guns.   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2005, 09:15:09 PM »

Yeah its a garunteed hit and a great launchpad for Chinese Democracy. Lets just hope it happens!

Jonx
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2006, 07:16:07 AM »

The Curse of Guns n` Roses continues (indirectly):

Royal High Court, London: Dan Brown, author of "The Da Vinci Code" has been sued for plagiarism. The plaintiffs claim that Dan Brown literally copied their 24 year old book "The holy blood and the holy grail". The authors demand the removal of the book from bookshops and want the film to be banned in Great Britain. If being succesful they also want to sue in other countries.

source (in german): http://www.heute.de/ZDFheute/inhalt/8/0,3672,3904072,00.html

Most likely there will be a monetary agreement. If there is not however, maybe the Guns n Roses single (CITR) / marketing strategy is endangered. (if there shoulde be single on the soundtrack...)
badapple81
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2006, 07:18:33 AM »

I just saw this on the UK news. They said the movie could be affected too. I really doubt that. If anything they said there could be a delay.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2006, 09:24:28 AM »

I just saw this on the UK news. They said the movie could be affected too. I really doubt that. If anything they said there could be a delay.

A delay?  We've never had to deal with that before.   crying
Personally, I doubt DVC will be delayed.  Just my opinion.
The movie will be a HUUUUUUGE  hit.  It appeals to every age, and I remember my single buddy telling me that under the "What's the last book you read" section in all of his on-line dating profiles, 90% of the time it was The Davinci Code.  Females dig it big-time!  Hell, I dug it big-time too.  I repeat, Guns should be paying the studio to get on this soundtrack with an accompanying video a la YCBM.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2006, 09:30:10 AM »

when does Da Vinci come out?? June?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2006, 09:31:40 AM »

may 18

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

Shocked Cheesy Grin ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »

i don't know if this has been posted or not.  but i was watching the early show here in the u.s.  and they said there is or is going to be a lawsuit between the author of the book and the movie producers or whatever you call them.  and there was some other book in there too for copyright infringement or something.  i couldve heard wrong ,but it's  something like that.  the point being i hope this doesn't get pushed back  JUST INCASE THE RUMOUR ABOUT A GN'R SONG BEING IN IT IS TRUE.

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY INFO?
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2006, 11:16:09 AM »

? ?i don't know if this has been posted or not.? but i was watching the early show here in the u.s.? and they said there is or is going to be a lawsuit between the author of the book and the movie producers or whatever you call them.? and there was some other book in there too for copyright infringement or something.? i couldve heard wrong ,but it's? something like that.? the point being i hope this doesn't get pushed back? JUST INCASE THE RUMOUR ABOUT A GN'R SONG BEING IN IT IS TRUE.

I'll bet it's the Vatican and Opus Dei who are trying to sue Dan Brown and halt the movie from production. You know why.. because what Dan Brown wrote ITS THE TRUTH....

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »

? ?i don't know if this has been posted or not.? but i was watching the early show here in the u.s.? and they said there is or is going to be a lawsuit between the author of the book and the movie producers or whatever you call them.? and there was some other book in there too for copyright infringement or something.? i couldve heard wrong ,but it's? something like that.? the point being i hope this doesn't get pushed back? JUST INCASE THE RUMOUR ABOUT A GN'R SONG BEING IN IT IS TRUE.

Yeah, the authors of a book called "Holy Blood,Holy Grail" are suing him.  It's a book Brown actually gives a mention in Da Vinci Code.  But, there are enough differences, not to mention enough of the informatiion is in the public forum, to make me surmise the suit is going to get tossed.

A similar suit, filed last year, got thrown out of court too.  I don't think the authors are going to have much luck blocking anything...but it's a sensational story to run with in the press.  Sorta like the Harry Potter lawsuits that got so much press when they were filed...and then got thrown out of court.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2006, 11:30:01 AM »

Yeah, the authors of a book called "Holy Blood,Holy Grail" are suing him.? It's a book Brown actually gives a mention in Da Vinci Code.? But, there are enough differences, not to mention enough of the informatiion is in the public forum, to make me surmise the suit is going to get tossed.

A similar suit, filed last year, got thrown out of court too.? I don't think the authors are going to have much luck blocking anything...but it's a sensational story to run with in the press.? Sorta like the Harry Potter lawsuits that got so much press when they were filed...and then got thrown out of court.

I hope so... so that we can enjoy the movie and a soundtrack from AXL.
I hate those asshole who are trying to sue him.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2006, 01:17:33 PM »

NO FUCKIN NO! NOT 2007!   CHINESE HAS TO BE RELEASED THIS FUCKIN YEAR GODAMIT!! rant

Live N' Let Die
lastroots
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2006, 01:24:24 PM »

NO FUCKIN NO! NOT 2007!   CHINESE HAS TO BE RELEASED THIS FUCKIN YEAR GODAMIT!! rant

Huh
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2006, 01:29:48 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11589138/

there's the offical link, its ont he MSN home page, big news...

I've heard nothing about a movie and Gn'R, just rumors probably. I remember when everyone was so certain over a Terminator 3 song.... lol

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

NO FUCKIN NO! NOT 2007!? ?CHINESE HAS TO BE RELEASED THIS FUCKIN YEAR GODAMIT!! rant

You really should stop and think for a sec before starting to yell. The thread was started in 2005.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: