Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD "early next year" Da Vinci Code Soundtrack possibility?  (Read 40645 times)
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2005, 05:09:55 PM »

"The rumor is not false or true at this stage". Do you really think that's clever? Out of the 12 long years of waiting, its actually the most moronic comment I've ever heard. Keep making statements like that, and there wont be anybody left to buy the album, speculate at the forums, or support any half assed tour. By the way, the reason they're all happy(Sanctuary AND Mysteron) about everyone discussing this new rumor, is because it lets them off the hook for their lame 2005 predictions.

I agree.

beer
DemocracyRose
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2005, 05:28:06 PM »

I agree.

beer

And so what...Huh drool
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 06:42:21 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »

About how long does a soundtrack get released before the movie does?

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2005, 04:04:25 AM »

"The rumor is not false or true at this stage". Do you really think that's clever? Out of the 12 long years of waiting, its actually the most moronic comment I've ever heard. Keep making statements like that, and there wont be anybody left to buy the album, speculate at the forums, or support any half assed tour. By the way, the reason they're all happy(Sanctuary AND Mysteron) about everyone discussing this new rumor, is because it lets them off the hook for their lame 2005 predictions.

For the fist time i agree with James, not that i care about de 2005 predictions, they are not God, things change "and it's not like they promised and hope to die". I still believe that a lot of the time this record is taking, has to do with geffen interscope or whatever their name is this days, and their expectations on the sort of music GNR sould be doing (comercial rockn Roll, forget the sex n drugs and just sell your soul), and the music they actually want to do.

But or they (GNR N maneg) are against rumors period, or they like it and then they can't keep their mouth shut calling us the fans stupid by saying we can't explain what really is going on. If they're bad rumous for GNR image the came running putting jornalist on the line, asking forums not to promote IRS spreed, not to believe everything you read bl? bl? bl?, and  i agree with that stand, can't say ? Say nothing at all or you can and a simple yes it's true or it's false.
But it's a good rumor for GNR  so, "please you the fans this is a good rumor you can spread it all around"....and if you keep being a good dog and pee in the right place w'll give you a bone ...in a near future (as soon is not the word), we'll actually give a concrete answer.
it's hypocrite and i'm really Disappointed.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2005, 05:18:30 PM »

For the fist time i agree with James, not that i care about de 2005 predictions, they are not God, things change "and it's not like they promised and hope to die". I still believe that a lot of the time this record is taking, has to do with geffen interscope or whatever their name is this days, and their expectations on the sort of music GNR sould be doing (comercial rockn Roll, forget the sex n drugs and just sell your soul), and the music they actually want to do.

But or they (GNR N maneg) are against rumors period, or they like it and then they can't keep their mouth shut calling us the fans stupid by saying we can't explain what really is going on. If they're bad rumous for GNR image the came running putting jornalist on the line, asking forums not to promote IRS spreed, not to believe everything you read bl? bl? bl?, and? i agree with that stand, can't say ? Say nothing at all or you can and a simple yes it's true or it's false.
But it's a good rumor for GNR? so, "please you the fans this is a good rumor you can spread it all around"....and if you keep being a good dog and pee in the right place w'll give you a bone ...in a near future (as soon is not the word), we'll actually give a concrete answer.
it's hypocrite and i'm really Disappointed.

the original rumour states " Axl told the fan "Chinese Democracy" will be released early next year, and Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack."

the first thing is to establish, what is it that we are questioning... and what is it we are assuming.

we, i believe, don't seem to care whether Axl did in fact say these things to a fan or not

we, it seems, only wish to know if the things which are claimed to be stated are true.

the first thing claimed, that Axl said these things, is being regarded as irrelevant

the first claim being considered is "Chinese Democracy will be released early next year"

Is THIS a fact that could be either verfied or denied by Merck or Management?

No.? Only facts can be verified.? What "wil be" is not a fact, and as such can be neither verified or denied - it is unprovable.

This alleged claim is niether true nor false.?

The only proper question would ask if there are plans to release the album "early next year".

Why does not Merck/management address this?? Please review the next claim being considered.

the next claim being considered is "Guns N Rose?s is also looking to put a new song on "The Da Vinci Code" movie soundtrack"

Merck is being asked if? GN'R is in fact, "looking to" get a song on the soundtrack.? (or is GN'R "planning on" releasing the album early next year)

Assuming that Merck is aware of any such action... it would not be in the best interests of GN'R to either verify or deny this.

If it is true that GN'R is looking to put a song on the soundtrack, (or planning to release the album early next year) and it does not work out, then it will not look good for GN'R.

So, then we ask, if he knew it not to be true -(that there is no effort to get a movie on the DaVinci soundtrack and/or that there is no plan to release the album early next year) he would say so, wouldn't he?? He's done that in the past (denied false rumours)!

So, as many have concluded - his lack of denial, eve with his lack to confirm, would indicate an affirmative response.

Why didn't he just say it was true then?!? Because that would not be in the best interests of GN'R, as I have already explained.

"But what about the fans? Don't we have a right to know?? Don't we deserve that much?! Etc., etc...."

What is done in the best interests of the band, should not be begrudged by those who claim to support it.

Not that Merck/management doesn't recognize and acknowledge us fans.? He has done just that time and time again.

Their 'being happy' that the fans are discussing this rumour is evidence of this. Wink

He just can not place any quest to be popular with all fans of GN'R, or any desire to please GN'R fans, above his responsibility to the band.

He's not being a hypocrite... don't be dissapointed. Wink

Now, as for the first thing claimed, that Axl said these things, being regarded as irrelevant - this to me is the most important part of the whole rumour/story.
Axl talking to a fan (or sharing these plans with anyone for that matter) to me is a great indication of his state of being.
Despite all the setbacks/ delays and doubts expressed by the media and the public ('fans'), what is claimed, would indicate that Axl is extremely optomistic.? ? beer

(and less Merck follows Axl around? nervous he can not verify what Axl has or has not said to anyone Grin )

« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 05:22:38 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2005, 07:07:44 PM »

It will happen.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
conny
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2005, 08:15:10 PM »

The movie appears to be quite dark and mysterious, the trailer looked very intresting. Ron Howard is a decent director, didn't he won an oscar for "Beautiful Mind"?

Let's just keep our finger's crossed.

I wouldn't mind having a new GN'R song on ANY soundtrack out there.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2005, 05:48:13 AM »

Actually, I don't like Ron Howard. Appolo 13 was ok, but Beautiful Mind was too cheesy for me, made to win oscars (altough Jeniffer Connelly is always amazing to watch).

This Da Vinci Code is not supposed to be an action movie, right? So, the GNR song should be a mid-tempo (or a ballad?) to fit in the history...

Would they release a non-rocker song as the first single of the most awaited album? nervous

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2005, 08:11:45 AM »

maybe they release madagascar on the soundtrack. i think it would be cool to have a studio version out and it would make place on the album for another song.  and a soundtrack song release isn`t necessarily a single or am i wrong?

i think the only argument contra madagascar is that it would be another reason for people to complain and whine about axl, because he released a song that we allready know for 4 years.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2005, 08:24:28 PM »

maybe they release madagascar on the soundtrack. i think it would be cool to have a studio version out and it would make place on the album for another song.? and a soundtrack song release isn`t necessarily a single or am i wrong?

i think the only argument contra madagascar is that it would be another reason for people to complain and whine about axl, because he released a song that we allready know for 4 years.

I think GnR should do what U2 did for their new album by releasing 2 new singles less than a week apart (one Da Vinci Code, and another an all out rocker)

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2005, 07:08:04 PM »

Hey folks,

If you have never read The Davinci Code, by Dan Brown, I highly recommend you do so.  It really kicks ass.  Here's an interesting passage with something I took notice of, being the GNR fan I am...

"...That's strange, because my grandfather always told me the Rose meant secrecy."
"Sub rosa,...The Romans hung a rose over meetings to indicate the meeting was confidential.  Attendees understood that whatever was said under the rose-or sub rosa-had to remain a secret."

Perhaps this explains Axl's ability to keep folks hush-hush.   Wink  They are "under the Rose."

BTW, I totally think Axl would dig this book, and I'll betcha he'd pay the movie studio to get a song on the soundtrack. 

-Axl4Prez2004   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2005, 07:42:35 PM »

This quote "Sanctuary are happy for the rumour to spread around. It's not a problem". That may be right behind "The rumour is not false or true at this stage." As the second most moronic comment as well. So what is it now, GnR fans have to get Sanctuary's permission to discuss rumours. They outta be happy as hell that there are alot of people left around to discuss rumours. It turns into more of a joke all of the time. It is no wonder the band members have said the same story for the last few years.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2005, 08:41:07 PM »

They were definitely insulting our intelligence with those remarks. I used to expect some sort of backlash to happen. I dont really think we'll see a real backlash, you'll just see a smaller amount of people hanging out at the forums. Its already happening. Its the same few people who post here all the time. Its like that over at the other forums as well. People have used the analogy that CD is "a neverending joke with no punchline". People get tired of the joke, so they walk away. I just wonder that when the punchline finally comes, will there be anyone left to hear it?

conny
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2005, 08:41:33 PM »

Sanctuary are happy for the rumour to spread around. It's not a problem.

The rumour is not false or true at this stage.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2005, 09:49:05 PM »

Sanctuary are happy for the rumour to spread around. It's not a problem.

The rumour is not false or true at this stage.

lol!  Don't sweat it conny Wink

Read a little of Aristotle's Unmovable Mover... then come back here... and you'll feel like this -->  Cheesy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2005, 02:30:13 PM »

Actually, I don't like Ron Howard. Appolo 13 was ok, but Beautiful Mind was too cheesy for me, made to win oscars (altough Jeniffer Connelly is always amazing to watch).

This Da Vinci Code is not supposed to be an action movie, right? So, the GNR song should be a mid-tempo (or a ballad?) to fit in the history...

Would they release a non-rocker song as the first single of the most awaited album? nervous
Yep, cheesy films are out.

The GN'R new sound, even if it's a hardest Rocker, should go well with a story with depth and work to good effect. I bet.  much better than with actions / "end of the days".
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2005, 03:28:28 PM »

I think next spring/summer will be very hot concerning GN'R. On top of that it will be the Football Worldcup. Everything is going to be big. Everything is going to happen in Europe, RIR, GN'R come back (?), the Worldcup, plus the Da Vinci "la Joconde" paint is in "Le Louvre" in Paris, and I guess the movie will bring a lot of people (sighseeing) to go to Le Louvre. And in people's mind, inconsciently, they may associate the paint to the movie, and then to GN'R.

Everything combined could be a phenomenal promotional push for the band. Definitely MUCH bigger than in 2002. It could be even bigger than in 1991 with Terminator 2. Very good news (if it's true). Everybody wants something big. Beeing big is what GN'R is destinied for. This is the status of this band. This band is destinied to be #1.

Dude, put down the crack pipe.

Too funny  Grin

Nesquick don't be too optimist, it's only a rumour in the GNR world  nervous
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2005, 02:18:47 AM »

This news excites me unbelievably!!!  Shocked  Grin

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2005, 07:55:36 PM »

Saw this today at mygnrforum, posted by W. Axl Kev:

Ok,

A couple of days ago I emailed the Newspaper (Canyon News) which, published the article about the fan meeting Axl Rose in Malibu. This paper is released in Malibu, Beverly Hills etc.

Any way I asked if they could confirm beyond all reasonable doubt if the 'fan meeting' actually took place and this was the response I got;

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Kevin,

Regarding the article that I wrote on Axl Rose, an email was forwarded to
me on September 2, from a fan who met him in Malibu a few days before that
date.

The email contained two key elements that I didn't disclose in my article
that convinced me of the authenticity of its contents
. Yes, I truly
believe the fan, and stand behind what I wrote.

Thanks for reading, it's greatly appreciated. I'll be one of the first
people in line to buy CD!

Rose Quintiliano

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
conny
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2005, 08:04:10 PM »

The email contained two key elements that I didn't disclose in my article that convinced me of the authenticity of its contents.

A picture and an autograph?  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: