Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  dave navarro In VR ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: dave navarro In VR ?  (Read 18678 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »

Falcon, I just don't see what is so "amazing" about him.  He is solid, but not mindblowing.  I am just saying he shouldn't be compared to Slash. Dave is not a guitar god.  Slash is.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 07:57:56 PM »

I am just happy that Navarro got his shit together & uses his time productively nowadays. When I was younger I used to rip on people for selling out or whatever, but now I know better. Who wouldn't want to be married to Carmen Elektra, spend your days doing extremely high paying TV spots & your nights playing starstudded gigs at famous LA clubs. Trust me, Dave Navarro has THE life & is a bigger rock star than ever.

Well said. 

He's also becoming quite the broadcast mogul.  Beyond his producing interests on "Rockstar"
his "Spread Radio Live" project is borderline revolutionary.

It sure would suck to be that "overrated" and have this kind of "unfixable" image. Roll Eyes

No worries D, he won't be joining VR anytime soon...

He played with Christina Aguilera, he was on a fucking INXS reality show.

Plus he wasnt good enough to be in RHCP's.

If he is a modern guitar icon pioneer then I guess we have him to blame for all the shitty fuckin guitaring that is out today.

I think Dave is more of a celebrity now than a serious musician.

He may have been a guitar icon at one time but he isnt really that now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RichardNixon
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 12:26:43 AM »

I agree with the last two posts. Also, he isn't the best songwriter in the world either. The bass player in JA wrote most or a lot of the songs. And his solo album didn't light the world on fire either.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 12:34:53 AM »

I agree with the last two posts. Also, he isn't the best songwriter in the world either. The bass player in JA wrote most or a lot of the songs. And his solo album didn't light the world on fire either.

Fianally, someone other then D and I feels that Navarro is nothing more then a muscian for Hire.  Pretty sad.  Did you guys ever watch the show with him and Carmen?  This guy is awful.  As far as a player goes, I would take Prince of him.  Prince can really jam.
RichardNixon
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 12:56:41 AM »

I think Navaro is good, at times great, but yes, overrated. I think if he wasn't really good looking people wouldn't care as much. He's 50 percent style and 50 percent substance.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 01:04:49 AM »

I think Navaro is good, at times great, but yes, overrated. I think if he wasn't really good looking people wouldn't care as much. He's 50 percent style and 50 percent substance.

60-40  Wink

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
RichardNixon
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 01:19:13 AM »

60-40? Wink

Fair enough. I'm not gay or anything, but he is a real good looking guy, like Jonny Depp and James Dean rolled into one. If he looked like the guitar player from Crowbar, there wouldn't be such a fuss over him.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 01:47:15 AM »

Dave's great!  Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers how can you not be great being in these bands?  He's really good.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 05:24:29 AM »

Navarro is alright, but I'd take Slash over him any day !!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 06:48:41 AM »

I am just happy that Navarro got his shit together & uses his time productively nowadays. When I was younger I used to rip on people for selling out or whatever, but now I know better. Who wouldn't want to be married to Carmen Elektra, spend your days doing extremely high paying TV spots & your nights playing starstudded gigs at famous LA clubs. Trust me, Dave Navarro has THE life & is a bigger rock star than ever.

Well said.

He's also becoming quite the broadcast mogul. Beyond his producing interests on "Rockstar"

It sure would suck to be that "overrated" and have this kind of "unfixable" image. Roll Eyes

If he is a modern guitar icon pioneer then I guess we have him to blame for all the shitty fuckin guitaring that is out today.

would you stop with that nonsense about RHCP?
Dave quit the band cos he was back on drugs.
and for your information, Dave is technically better than any other guitarplayer that has set his foot within the RHCP walls (apart from Buckethead, lol). that however doesn't mean he sounded better in the band and that his style fit like Frusciante and Slovak, but I think he did a damn great job, the Peppers were looking for a new sound at the time, and Dave brought it!

and to you other people, I think his solo album is awesome. I play it all the time.

I can't see how he's a celebrity more than a musician, he talks about all the work he puts in with TPC on the radioshow, and he's been working pretty damn hard on their debut album. he also works on and plays with Camp Freddy a lot.
I think he gets a lot of media cos he's married to Carmen, if he wasn't, I doubt many people would be calling him a  media whore.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 07:02:18 AM »

and for your information, Dave is technically better than any other guitarplayer that has set his foot within the RHCP walls (apart from Buckethead, lol). that however doesn't mean he sounded better in the band and that his style fit like Frusciante and Slovak, but I think he did a damn great job, the Peppers were looking for a new sound at the time, and Dave brought it!

I LOVE that album One Hot Minute, and I saw Dave in concert with RHCP in 1996 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. John Frusciante is terrible live, he fucks up all his solos, and I couldn't say the same about Dave.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
hyn_zie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 08:21:16 AM »

Dave is a pussy compared to slash, i wouldn't even think of comparing these to together, i dount know where this shit comes from!!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »

I LOVE that album One Hot Minute, and I saw Dave in concert with RHCP in 1996 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. John Frusciante is terrible live, he fucks up all his solos, and I couldn't say the same about Dave.

I don't agree about John.  he's more of a Slash type of player, either hit or miss live. they both play with an incredible feel and improvise a lot, and I always enjoy both live.

now Dave rarely misses live as he's got a cleaner style, even his improvisation seems to always be well executed. but there is a big difference in styles here.. and yeah, OHM is an awesome album!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 10:34:52 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »

Dave went from a rock star to a celebrity flake.

I think he is totally overrated and his image is unfixable after all the gay shit he has done.

Dave is exactly what Axl tried to stop Slash from becoming.

I hate my life
I hate my life
Never want another wife

I want the life you think I have
Think I have

Copyright Dace Navarro - "Trust No One" - Capitol Records

good ol' Dace! hihi
well that was written while he was still a junkie, and before he met Carmen I believe.

VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 03:34:10 PM »

i would love to see this happen. i think axl made GNR a circus with those clowns he put in the band. a bucket on your head that aint rockn roll. fuck man lol. and axl needs to take a look in the mirror and see that the baggy gangster generation is over. where cloths like scott in vr. but other then that i think slash duff and matt should go back to GNR. i would shit my fucking pants.  smoking

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 07:11:54 PM »

Fianally, someone other then D and I feels that Navarro is nothing more then a muscian for Hire.  Pretty sad.  Did you guys ever watch the show with him and Carmen?  This guy is awful.  As far as a player goes, I would take Prince of him.  Prince can really jam.

Dude please never put Dave navarro even in the same sentence with Prince.

Prince is not only a master of guitar soloing but he is a master of Funk,jazz,rock,pop and just about any other style u can name.

Prince is probably one of the 10 best guitarists ever.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »

Well said.

He's also becoming quite the broadcast mogul. Beyond his producing interests on "Rockstar"

and to you other people, I think his solo album is awesome. I play it all the time.

I can't see how he's a celebrity more than a musician, he talks about all the work he puts in with TPC on the radioshow, and he's been working pretty damn hard on their debut album. he also works on and plays with Camp Freddy a lot.
I think he gets a lot of media cos he's married to Carmen, if he wasn't, I doubt many people would be calling him a  media whore.

Dude Im starting to really think u are on drugs

Dave better than John Frusciante?HuhHuh?

I cant even respond to such a propsterous statement like that.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 07:47:03 PM »

Fianally, someone other then D and I feels that Navarro is nothing more then a muscian for Hire.? Pretty sad.? Did you guys ever watch the show with him and Carmen?? This guy is awful.? As far as a player goes, I would take Prince of him.? Prince can really jam.

Dude please never put Dave navarro even in the same sentence with Prince.

Prince is not only a master of guitar soloing but he is a master of Funk,jazz,rock,pop and just about any other style u can name.

Prince is probably one of the 10 best guitarists ever.

He is a focking bad ass.  I still put Slash over him, but here is him from SNL not long ago.  It is incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/w/prince?v=hospswwC74k&search=Prince
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »

Prince is my fav artist of all time *well he is sorta tied with GNR and Bon JOvi.

comparing Prince to Dave Navarro is like comparing Jimi Hendrix(Prince)to the dude in Good charlotte.

I have that SNL taped, Prince is flawless at not just rock but every style.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »

Well said.

I think he gets a lot of media cos he's married to Carmen, if he wasn't, I doubt many people would be calling him a media whore.

Dude Im starting to really think u are on drugs

Dave better than John Frusciante?HuhHuh?

I cant even respond to such a propsterous statement like that.

fuck, are you on to me!? nervous

well, what I mean is Dave is better than John the same way Buckethead is better than Slash...technically...dude. Grin

Edit: DAMN! Im on to something here! Chinese Democracy will be GN'Rs One Hot Minute!! hihi
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 07:58:59 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: