Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  dave navarro In VR ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: dave navarro In VR ?  (Read 18686 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 07:54:24 PM »

Dave went from a rock star to a celebrity flake.

I think he is totally overrated and his image is unfixable after all the gay shit he has done.

Dave is exactly what Axl tried to stop Slash from becoming.

Pretty harsh words for one of the most influential guitar players of the modern rock era.

I don't share your opinion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 08:09:14 PM »

I think he is totally overrated and his image is unfixable after all the gay shit he has done.

I dunno, I don't think any less of Dave Navarro or Slash, and neither do most of the general public.

Slash is still held in pretty high regard despite many of musical short-comings. He's still THE rock guitar hero to most people.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:11:27 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 08:19:04 PM »

Pretty harsh words for one of the most influential guitar players of the modern rock era.

neither do I!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 08:28:24 PM »

If Slash rejoined the band, Guns would be unstoppable once again.  But that's unlikely to happen and a lot of people will refuse to give Axl the credit he deserves if this album ever comes out.  Most people don't recognize Axl's latest rendition as Guns N' Roses, not without Slash.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 08:44:58 PM »

This ain't  happening.......  You know what though? I could actually see something crazy like Slash making a one off appearance with Axl's band at a festival or something... Nahhhhhhh.

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:15 PM »

I am just happy that Navarro got his shit together & uses his time productively nowadays. When I was younger I used to rip on people for selling out or whatever, but now I know better. Who wouldn't want to be married to Carmen Elektra, spend your days doing extremely high paying TV spots & your nights playing starstudded gigs at famous LA clubs. Trust me, Dave Navarro has THE life & is a bigger rock star than ever.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 12:28:05 AM »

I am just happy that Navarro got his shit together & uses his time productively nowadays. When I was younger I used to rip on people for selling out or whatever, but now I know better. Who wouldn't want to be married to Carmen Elektra, spend your days doing extremely high paying TV spots & your nights playing starstudded gigs at famous LA clubs. Trust me, Dave Navarro has THE life & is a bigger rock star than ever.

Well said.?

He's also becoming quite the broadcast mogul.? Beyond his producing interests on "Rockstar"
his "Spread Radio Live" project is borderline revolutionary.

It sure would suck to be that "overrated" and have this kind of "unfixable" image. Roll Eyes

No worries D, he won't be joining VR anytime soon...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 12:29:15 AM »

Whom would you say Navaro has influenced in "the modern rock era"? I don't see a lot of JA's handiwork in the 90s-00s. I always thought JA's brand of art-rock was pretty unique. Also, I would agree that his priority seems to be being a celebrity as opposed to being a musician. He hasn't done anything really great since RDLH, and that came out 16 years ago, although I did like that album he did with RHCP.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:42:09 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 12:51:46 AM »

Navarro really is a puh c, but he is okay.  He is friends with some cool guys, but watching that focking show and seeing him get pissed cause his luggage didn't match was so gae.  Anyway, I wonder if Slash has felt somewhat depressed.  Like when Jennifer Anniston found out Brad got Angelina pregnant.  Its like Axl moved on and is now having Chinese Democracy.  I just hope Slash doesn't take this hard.  I know he is really pulling for Axl and is just pissed about the way guns ended.  maybe he feels empty always wondering what could have been in GNR.  If I was him, I still would be taking this hard.  That was a rocky relationship they all had. 
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 01:04:55 AM »

Navarro really is a puh c, but he is okay.? He is friends with some cool guys, but watching that focking show and seeing him get pissed cause his luggage didn't match was so gae.? Anyway, I wonder if Slash has felt somewhat depressed.? Like when Jennifer Anniston found out Brad got Angelina pregnant.? Its like Axl moved on and is now having Chinese Democracy.? I just hope Slash doesn't take this hard.? I know he is really pulling for Axl and is just pissed about the way guns ended.? maybe he feels empty always wondering what could have been in GNR.? If I was him, I still would be taking this hard.? That was a rocky relationship they all had.?

Slash left GN'R 10 years ago and I don't think he's got any animosity about it. I doubt he is gonna take the release of CD to heart at all. He moved on from that long ago.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 01:14:34 AM »

Of course I think that this whole thing is just rumors but I wonder where the Dave Navarro joining VR rumor came from.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »

Whom would you say Navaro has influenced in "the modern rock era"? I don't see a lot of JA's handiwork in the 90s-00s.

Bernard Butler, Adam Jones, NIck Macabe to name a few..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

RichardNixon
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 02:19:37 AM »

Never heard of any of 'em.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »

Never heard of any of 'em.

Suede, Tool and The Verve...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »

I like dave and I agree with what was said above, married to the hottie carmen, having a successfull tv show career (well that mtv show and inxs) plus he's having the time of his life in general.. I think dave and slash are a lot alikeas influental players and personalities.. I don't think you have to stay inside the 'box" so to speak to still be the same guy who is loved and respected.. You might get those fat fucking that's not metal douche bags like iann robinson not liking you but who gives a fuck
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 02:06:34 PM »

lmao Janes addiction have infleunced many.

There old image im sure was quite influential also.

html sucks
hyn_zie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »

I highly doubt that slash is pissed that Axl is moving on, Slash has had a lot of side projects and what not, Duff and Slash are suing Axl at the moment in which they definatley have't spoken in ten years!!! i heard though Axl was talking to Izzy but theres no way Slash is going back, i wouldn't be happy at all, i think he is better off in VR as they fucking rule!!!! I've nothing against Dave Navarro i think he's a cool player but i would lose interest in VR if Slash left and Dave took over It wouldn't be the same! people can be full of shit though? Huh no
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 03:13:59 PM »

Dave Navarro is nowhere near the level of Slash and certainly not Zakk Wylde.  Those two guys are the biggest two from that era.  Navarro is way down that list.  Don't forget about Dimebag too.  Dave is good, but not great.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 03:40:22 PM »

Didn't Axl want work with Dave while Slash was still in GNR?

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 05:44:06 PM »

? Navarro is way down that list.?.. . Dave is good, but not great.

Two more opinions I don't share.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: