Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:15:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  does This I Love still supposedly exist under that title?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: does This I Love still supposedly exist under that title?  (Read 6030 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 07:21:09 AM »

What Dreams may come was a crazy movie.  Very weird.  For a long time under the making of Chinese Democracy page on this very site, This I Love was still rumored to have Slash on Guitar.  I guess that is a dead thought now.
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 09:42:44 AM »

"This I Love" goes back to around 1992.  He mentioned it in interviews waaayyyy back then.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »

"This I Love" was about Step's Son... Dylan

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »

This one is rumoured to be a song in existance since the latter days of the UYI tour. If it's anything like the epics Axl did around that time and even heavier.. it is one to look forward to.

As for the movie soundtrack rejection.. do you have anything to back this up? Article? Source? I've never heard this before and don't believe it. Unless they thought it just wasn't suitable for the movie. I think this is just rumour.

could it be part of the "lost" 1996 album?Huh just a thought, i hope not..... cause it sounds amazing

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Origen
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 10:35:17 AM »

Axl Interview W/ Hit Parader 1993:

that farther too. We really haven't really sat
down to collaborate on songs yet. I wrote and recorded a new love song that I
want on the next record called This I Love, that's the heaviest thing that I've
ever done.
Other than that, we're not even sure how we're gonna approach writing
for this next album. Last time Slash would write his songs, I would write mine
and Izzy would write his, and then we'd put em all together. Well, this time
there's no Izzy, and Slash isn't writing just his songs-it's gonna be more of a
collaboration thing.

Axl once said Estranged/Coma were the heaviest songs he's ever written, so if this was heavier (as in Emotional Heavy) I bet it was an amazing song.

It's sad how he say's him and Slash are (well were) gonig to be collaborating together instead of bringing seperate songs.
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 11:05:25 AM »

I think TWAT could be "this I love" at the very end it kind of sounds like axl says "this I love, there was tiiiime" Maybe not, it's what I've thought from first hearing it,
speed_stone
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 11:39:35 AM »

i've read on here people talking about it, and wanting it to be leaked, and "if better/TWAT/IRS is this good, imagine this i love" etc...but is there any indication it still exists with that title? from what i can tell, inferring what this i love would be about based on the title, either better or TWAT could be this i love, re-formed, re-titled, re-imagined or whatever you wanna call it....cuz better and TWAT are obviously about seymour, or some other broad; how many jilted lover epics can he possibly put on one album?

remember the old RS article from 2000?

Having stayed publicly silent so long, Rose appears to view the album as a final offering-up of his side of all his myriad battles - notably with his estranged band mates and, even more painful, with his one time fiancee, supermodel Stephanie Seymour, with whom he had an ugly split. He speaks of his desire for Seymour's son to someday be able to come across the new record. ''I hope he'll hear it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the story, to hear the truth,'' Rose says a little quietly.

i'm sure he will put something positive on the record too though, like he said it will be something for everyone in there ok
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 11:44:50 AM »

it was actually a New Zealand director (Vincent Ward) who apparently directed it, from my home town... what a jackass
So he's near you, huh? do I sense some stalking in the near future? nervous

Grin

LOL, lets start a petition, quick, round up the HTGTH crazies from down under!? peace
we'll just kidnap Ven, and let him do all the dirty work. maybe vincent ward has the old demo, and we'll leak it in nanosecond clips while Ven goes out wheelin and dealin for more trades. rofl

Holy nuts! funniest thing I've read on here in a while.? Just picturing a lost a kid with a tub of Elmer's glue in his side pocket stumbling around from shack to shack mumbling incoherrently, "it's n' all bout' Ax'l n' Izzy ma'n!? oh'h'h FUCK!!!, axl loves argentina ohh'hhhh'hh'hh'hhhh'hhh fuck!!!"

On a sidenote, I don't understand why people think every single song is supposed to be about SS.? That was 15 odd years ago.? Surely there's been more than one woman in Axl's life in a decade and a half.?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
speed_stone
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 11:47:26 AM »

On a sidenote, I don't understand why people think every single song is supposed to be about SS.? That was 15 odd years ago.? Surely there's been more than one woman in Axl's life in a decade and a half.?
who knows, according to people close to him he never got over stephanie seymour though...
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »

this is gonna sound crazy , but reading about axl wanting dylan to hear the music when he "grows up" , man ... could axl have tried to delay this album as long as humanly possible so that dylan would be a bit older when it came out?  nervous

speed_stone
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 12:10:42 PM »

this is gonna sound crazy , but reading about axl wanting dylan to hear the music when he "grows up" , man ... could axl have tried to delay this album as long as humanly possible so that dylan would be a bit older when it came out?? nervous
i seriously doubt that, but you never know with axl.
2007 will be the 20th anniversary for appetite for destruction though, would be a good symbolic time to release chinese democracy, but i believe other factors than these are at work.
Origen
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 12:13:28 PM »

who knows, according to people close to him he never got over stephanie seymour though...

Do none of you's know who Jennifer Driver is ?

She was Axl's girlfriend after Stephanie, watch the Since I Don't Have You video she's on their with Axl.

Axl supposidly said to a fan who ment him a few weeks ago that Stephanie "fucked everything up".

And there is Beta's interview. She said Axl used to get depressed every year when it was her birthday after they broke up.

Beta also said Axl thought Stephanie was "the one" he did everything for her, stuff you only "read in fairytales" to quote Beta. When they broke up Axl was destroyed.

So to answer your question Yes of course there is going to be a song/songs, lyrics what ever written about her.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:16:19 PM by Origen » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 12:14:49 PM »

when is steph`s birthday? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
speed_stone
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »

She was Axl's girlfriend after Stephanie, watch the Since I Don't Have You video she's on their with Axl.

Axl supposidly said to a fan who ment him a few weeks ago that Stephanie "fucked everything up".

And there is Beta's interview. She said Axl used to get depressed every year when it was her birthday after they broke up.

Beta also said Axl thought Stephanie was "the one" he did everything for her, stuff you only "read in fairytales" to quote Beta. When they broke up Axl was destroyed.

So to answer your question Yes of course there is going to be a song/songs, lyrivs what ever written about her.

jennifer driver was just a short thing i believe (without knowing for sure), but of course we don't know who axl has or hasn't been involved with the past 13 years, and i doubt he's gonna tell us anytime soon. all i know is stephanie played a major role in his life, and he never quite got over her.
Origen
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »

So to answer your question Yes of course there is going to be a song/songs, lyrics what ever written about her.

jennifer driver was just a short thing i believe (without knowing for sure), but of course we don't know who axl has or hasn't been involved with the past 13 years, and i doubt he's gonna tell us anytime soon. all i know is stephanie played a major role in his life, and he never quite got over her.

I know that's what I was implying  peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 12:21:29 PM »

when is steph`s birthday? hihi
I know you meant that as a joke, but its actually a good question. Another good question: When's dylan's birthday? nervous

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 12:25:01 PM »

What soundtrack?

I'm curious.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 12:25:59 PM »

stephanie: July 23rd, 1969

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Jonathan
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »

stephanie: July 23rd, 1969

What?  Huh
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »

What movie was it that the song got shacked from??

Tell me!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: