Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  does This I Love still supposedly exist under that title?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: does This I Love still supposedly exist under that title?  (Read 6056 times)
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: February 27, 2006, 02:20:17 AM »

i've read on here people talking about it, and wanting it to be leaked, and "if better/TWAT/IRS is this good, imagine this i love" etc...but is there any indication it still exists with that title? from what i can tell, inferring what this i love would be about based on the title, either better or TWAT could be this i love, re-formed, re-titled, re-imagined or whatever you wanna call it....cuz better and TWAT are obviously about seymour, or some other broad; how many jilted lover epics can he possibly put on one album?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:45:29 AM by riotact_vancity » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 02:27:01 AM »

C'mon, man! Steph is not the only thing that Axl has in his head!
I don't think Axl is going to make a full lenght album talkin' about Stephanie Seymour.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 02:41:23 AM »

This I love has been said to be about Steph though...

And as far as we know yes it does exist under this title, and someone clames they have a leak of it (but is not sharing).

Ah yes, the esteemed "This I Love" we've been living with this song title for so many years now, and so many of us believe it's going to be bigger than Estranged and November Rain put togeather.  One can only hope. yes

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 02:48:34 AM »

and so many of us believe it's going to be bigger than Estranged and November Rain put togeather.? One can only hope. yes

how can you ''believe'' such a thing without listening to it? ''Bigger'' than November Rain and Estranged put together? Is there a rumour that ''This I Love'' is a 22 minutes song?  Grin

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:54:38 AM »

You guys do know "this i love" was described by someone who worked on it as a simple piano ballad right? And It was rejected for a movie soundtrack in 97-98. I wouldnt get your expectations above November Rain- think more the Blues, because its probably had modern elements added to the song.
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

I don't believe it, but a lot of people do.

I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but Axl once claimed that it was the most emotional song he's ever written and that it's about SS.

That's why there's so much praise for it, even though we've never heard a second of it.

Some believe that there's a clip of it in one of the 'making of the estranged video' but no one knows for sure (unless it was disproven and I never heard about that).

Whatever, I'm sure it'll be a good song, but to over take NR and Estranged it'd have to be an amazing song.

Altho I'm ready to add TWAT to that list, that's a fucking epic song... Cool

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:58:13 AM »

You guys do know "this i love" was described by someone who worked on it as a simple piano ballad right? And It was rejected for a movie soundtrack in 97-98.

rumors.  I'm sure any movie would take any song Axl did for their soundtrack cd for the sales alone, no matter how bad it was or is.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 02:59:24 AM »

You guys do know "this i love" was described by someone who worked on it as a simple piano ballad right? And It was rejected for a movie soundtrack in 97-98.

rumors.? I'm sure any movie would take any song Axl did for their soundtrack cd for the sales alone, no matter how bad it was or is.

It was rejected. Someone expressed regret that the song wasnt included, because the film wasnt memorable at all. But the producer wasnt interested.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 03:15:58 AM »

I don't believe it, but a lot of people do.

I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but Axl once claimed that it was the most emotional song he's ever written and that it's about SS.

I remember reading Hit Parader magazine around 1993-94 and it had a supposed quote from Axl saying: "I''ve already written and recorded a new song called This I Love, which is the heaviest song I've ever done."

Take that how you will, but I never heard anything about a Stephanie Semour reference.
Also a guitar piece playing in the background of some scenes in the Making of Estranged video is also said to be This I Love, but I think that's more just fan speculation.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:24:13 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
badapple81
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 03:20:38 AM »

This one is rumoured to be a song in existance since the latter days of the UYI tour. If it's anything like the epics Axl did around that time and even heavier.. it is one to look forward to.

As for the movie soundtrack rejection.. do you have anything to back this up? Article? Source? I've never heard this before and don't believe it. Unless they thought it just wasn't suitable for the movie. I think this is just rumour.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 03:28:06 AM »

As for the movie soundtrack rejection.. do you have anything to back this up? Article? Source? I've never heard this before and don't believe it. Unless they thought it just wasn't suitable for the movie. I think this is just rumour.

Yeah, I remember reading about it here on this message board, but where that info came from I'm not sure.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 03:28:35 AM »

This one is rumoured to be a song in existance since the latter days of the UYI tour. If it's anything like the epics Axl did around that time and even heavier.. it is one to look forward to.

its true. it was rejected for the soundtrack in 1998, but the real reason is open to debate. some say the song sucked, the director hated it,etc. it was supposed to be on the 'what dreams may come' soundtrack. I dont have an article about it, but i remember it, and there was a thread here about it early last year.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 03:29:15 AM »

Yeah, I remember reading about it here on this message board, but where that info came from I'm not sure.

that was a sp1at exclusive, was it not?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 03:30:31 AM »

its true. it was rejected for the soundtrack in 1998, but the real reason is open to debate. some say the song sucked, the director hated it,etc. it was supposed to be on the 'what dreams may come' soundtrack. I dont have an article about it, but i remember it, and there was a thread here about it early last year.

it was actually a New Zealand director (Vincent Ward) who apparently directed it, from my home town... what a jackass

badapple81
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 03:34:01 AM »

Okay thanks for the clarirfication. Guess we'll never know ?ok

If the director didn't like it then it doesn't mean it sucked. He might not have even been into GN'R at all.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 03:41:33 AM »

it was actually a New Zealand director (Vincent Ward) who apparently directed it, from my home town... what a jackass
So he's near you, huh? do I sense some stalking in the near future? nervous

Grin

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 03:43:59 AM »

Grin

LOL, lets start a petition, quick, round up the HTGTH crazies from down under!  peace

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 03:53:23 AM »

Grin

LOL, lets start a petition, quick, round up the HTGTH crazies from down under!? peace
we'll just kidnap Ven, and let him do all the dirty work. maybe vincent ward has the old demo, and we'll leak it in nanosecond clips while Ven goes out wheelin and dealin for more trades. rofl

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 04:08:14 AM »

Grin

LOL, lets start a petition, quick, round up the HTGTH crazies from down under!? peace
we'll just kidnap Ven, and let him do all the dirty work. maybe vincent ward has the old demo, and we'll leak it in nanosecond clips while Ven goes out wheelin and dealin for more trades. rofl

I'm on it already. AxlRoseVen and Mr.Intensity are currently negotiating a trade through the PMs as we speak - a 1992 live Venezualan cut of? "It tastes good dont it?"  for a 9 sec clip of Silkworms.

We're close to a leak guys, hang in there!? hihi
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:12:42 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

Origen
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 04:14:37 AM »

The film was "What Dreams May Become" it starred Robin Williams and was released in 1998.

I can't remember if it got good or bad reviews but it's a moving/weird film about heaven and how everyones heaven is different, you make your own heaven.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:17:23 AM by Origen » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: