Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's voice on these demos compared with the 2002 tour
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's voice on these demos compared with the 2002 tour  (Read 5418 times)
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 18, 2006, 10:00:51 AM »

After listening to the new songs Axl has proven to me that he can still sing.  I just think in 2002 he felt it wasn't worth the effort to put his best into old songs that he wasn't really feeling anymore.  Agree or disagree?  Let me know.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

I thought Axl gave his all for the 2001/2002 shows. ok
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 10:47:47 AM »

Axl doesn't care about his old music anymore???  Come on.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »

I thought Axl gave his all for the 2001/2002 shows. ok

Agreed, though it did seem he was enjoying the Illusion and new stuff more than the Appetite stuff.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
avesia
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »

axl is proud of the old stuff and always will. but this doesn't mean that he lives in the past..
about 2002 I don't know what to say...wasn't his best. but right now his voice is great...the demos are great...I am confident  yes
 ok
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »

Axl doesn't care about his old music anymore?Huh Come on.

BS. ?I have many boots where he is giving a half-ass effort. ?The Rhiad soundboard boot that was floated just recently "Hey Robin version." is a fairly lazy vocal effort.  One of the upsides a possible slash with axl live thing, is the fact that Axl elevates his live vocal level to compete with Slash!
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:59:19 AM »

Well you have to admit that by judging the sound of his vocals during the tour (on the old songs) against the sound of his vocals on the new demos, that he could have done a better job. ?And dont say it was because he was in a studio on the new songs because these demos sound way better than the afd & uyi demos, and the old concerts sound way better than the 2002 tour.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:09:38 AM »

Notice the question marks.  It is a question.  Like are you stupid.  Axl does care about his old songs.  ENG 101
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 11:12:39 AM »

Notice the question marks.? It is a question.? Like are you stupid.? Axl does care about his old songs.? ENG 101

You forgot the question marks.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 11:18:36 AM »

Why wouldnt he be more excited about the new stuff? Usually artists are more into what they are currently working on than stuff they did years before.

But Hes still proud of the classic GNR stuff too.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 11:25:46 AM »

Why wouldnt he be more excited about the new stuff? Usually artists are more into what they are currently working on than stuff they did years before.

But Hes still proud of the classic GNR stuff too.

Thank you for your opening argument.? I wasn' trying to say he wasn't proud of it anymore, I was just saying that with age he grew wiser and he wasn't able to sing it with the same conviction that he could when it was new and it was what he felt.
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »

I always figured that he was restraining himself on purpose, after shredding his voice so badly on the UYI tour back in the day. Man's gotta be careful at his age.  ok
Almost Famous
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 11:37:05 AM »

Personally, I'd be more than happy to go to a GN'R show and hear only new tracks played live. Sure a few oldies simply because it's under the moniker of Guns N' Roses, but this is 2006 and I'd be ready to put away the back catalogue from a live standpoint.

I don't think that Axl has forgotten what brought him to the dance; I think that he knows full well the significance of the old songs, but he played them night after night for many years. This band is not looking to be same band that found popularity in that 1980's musical landscape. This is clearly a band interested in contemporary progression. And frankly, that's what I'm here for.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »

he's been singing the same songs since 1987, i'm sure he's kinda of tired of singing them by now.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 11:49:38 AM »

he's been singing the same songs since 1987, i'm sure he's kinda of tired of singing them by now.

You summarized my whole point in that one sentance.? Congrats man, I mean it
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 12:00:21 PM »

Axl doesn't care about his old music anymore???  Come on.

BS.  I have many boots where he is giving a half-ass effort.  The Rhiad soundboard boot that was floated just recently "Hey Robin version." is a fairly lazy vocal effort.  One of the upsides a possible slash with axl live thing, is the fact that Axl elevates his live vocal level to compete with Slash!

Are you sure it's a soundboard version? I guess it's only the Axl's Monitor Mix, huh?
If so, this is not the reality on how the song or Axl's voice sounds in the mix. The highs and trebles are too damn high.

damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 12:17:43 PM »

Axl doesn't care about his old music anymore?Huh Come on.

BS.? I have many boots where he is giving a half-ass effort.? The Rhiad soundboard boot that was floated just recently "Hey Robin version." is a fairly lazy vocal effort.? One of the upsides a possible slash with axl live thing, is the fact that Axl elevates his live vocal level to compete with Slash!

Are you sure it's a soundboard version? I guess it's only the Axl's Monitor Mix, huh?
If so, this is not the reality on how the song or Axl's voice sounds in the mix. The highs and trebles are too damn high.

Hey could I get a link for this, because I'm quite sure I have no idea what you are talking about.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 04:20:39 PM »

I've noticed that when they were on tour back in 02 axl's voice didn't sound as raspy as it does on these demo's, with the exeption of the blues (from which his voice did get raspy at times). but most of the time is voice just sounded extremely high pitched rather than high pitched and raspy like we here on all the gnr records and these latest demos. do you think he did that on purpose so he wouldnt blow out his throat for the studio ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

YES  Wink

If the world would end today... Wink
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

His voice on IRS and to a lesser extent TWAT sounds like his voice did during the 2001-2002 shows.

I'm hoping Better was recorded after that and he's since gone back to using his old vocal technique from the 1990's.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: