Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.  (Read 10181 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »

This thread is quite frightening.. A thread like this over the course of tiem can turn the casual gnr fan into a gnr hater

threads like this give GnR fans a bad name
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2006, 05:52:05 PM »

I don't know, a Nixon promoting guerilla warfare is kinda funny to me. hihi

But yes, this "war" on GN'R haters is what we should be against. Not everyone needs to like them, ya know.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2006, 05:53:09 PM »

nixon and skynrd girl can lead 'axl's army" Grin
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2006, 05:54:07 PM »

this thread contradicts his conention that he never said to write magazine, and argue with all non-lovers rofl rofl
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »

I'll just spit in Axl's eye and it'll all be over, he'll run away crying. hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2006, 05:57:20 PM »

I'll just spit in Axl's eye and it'll all be over, he'll run away crying. hihi
but he may knock you over running out.. smoking
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »

That's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Grin

RichardNixon
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2006, 06:01:04 PM »

this thread contradicts his conention that he never said to write magazine, and argue with all non-lovers rofl rofl

No it does not.If a writer of an article writes an objective, fair review, fine. If a poster writes a fair, objective opinion, fine. If a writer writes a nasty, biased article, time for GN'R fans to unite and show support for Axl. If at some forum there is constant GN'R bashing, time to unite and counter the negativity.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2006, 06:02:53 PM »

no, people have the right to their own opinion w/out someone arguing about it, it's worse than jehovah's witness' coming to your door to convert you rofl
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2006, 06:03:47 PM »

If I may, Mr President, most posters make very biased "Axl is God" statements that need to be "fought" more than those who hate the new GN'R music.

RichardNixon
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »

If I may, Mr President, most posters make very biased "Axl is God" statements that need to be "fought" more than those who hate the new GN'R music.

And maybe those "Axl is God" type posts are a response to the constant negativity of other people. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2006, 06:08:35 PM »

I actually think it is cool to be hated . . . that is the best part about Axl Rose . . . rebellion, angst, enemies "Out Ta Get Me". ?

Nixon - aren't you missing the point? You don't really want to see America love Axl Rose! Here is an analogy you can understand . . .

He is what Simon Cowell is to American Idol! Vile! That is why Idol is so popular!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 06:21:02 PM by alternativemonkey » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »

Those people are fans and they're more welcome here than the "Axl is the Devil" people.

This is a GN'R fan site, do you know the meaning of that? We're not here because we hate Axl and what he's doing.

Some of you seem to have the wrong idea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »

Those people are fans and they're more welcome here than the "Axl is the Devil" people.

This is a GN'R fan site, do you know the meaning of that? We're not here because we hate Axl and what he's doing.

Some of you seem to have the wrong idea.

/jarmo

At the same time, I think people interpret the smallest criticism of Axl as "hate". Can't we all just get along?  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »

I don't have a problem with criticism. Fine you didn't like a song or show. That's your opinion.

But some people here are complaining about everything. Even things that aren't even related to the musical aspect.

No information, no shows (and when there are shows, they're in the wrong places), no music, his clothes, Axl being spotted in a club, Axl hanging out with the wrong band etc etc.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2006, 06:25:10 PM »

Some people just complain about anything they can.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »

WHo hasn't said great shows were announced, who hasn't said to others enjoy or we'll be watching rio... I have only mentioned why is axl talking about slash instead of the works in progress..? ?The reason people talk about his clothes is because of the last few years that has been the higlights of ?the band... When we got the leaks we all spoken of them and said what we liked, disliked...
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2006, 07:30:02 PM »

Greetings all:

I would like to take a moment to discuss the psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and then, as a community, how we, as loyal fans, can best combat them.

Your participation in this thread would be most appreciated. Whether you be a newbie, or a veteran. Now let us begin.

Axl Rose is unique in the fact that he is both equally loved and reviled more passionately then almost anyone else. People familiar with Mr. Rose either love him or hate him. To his loyal fans, he is an almost messianic, Christlike tortured genius. To his detractors he is a woman-beating, homophobic, petty dictator (AMG). While some fans do see the gray and acknowledge both his good and bad points, in the end, people usually either strongly like, or dislike Axl Rose. As of this writing it's been nearly 15 years since GN'R released their last studio album, yet when demos were leaked on the net, it was as though the Chinese were invading. All over the Internet and across the US where the songs were previewed on the radio, fans/non-fans weighed in with their two cents. A decade and a half later, people are eager to voice their opinion.

Few rock/music fans seem to be indifferent about the new songs and the prospect of a new album. People are either excited and drooling at the prospect, or they want to get up on a soapbox and trash Axl Rose senseless. It's as though non-Axl fans would like nothing more than to see him fail.

I will categorize the anti-Axl folk into three categories:

(1) The old-school gunners -- The "If Slash isn't there, it's not GN'R" crowd.
(2) The Mullet-heads-Still stuck on the Crue and Ratt, most aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the brilliant Illusion albums.
(3) The Morrisey/Westerbeg crowd- These folks tend to post at the Velvet Rope. Elitist, pseudo intellectual types who regard "Chinese Democracy" as the "buttock 'Smile,'" Perhaps our greatest foe, these people tend to think that their shit doesn't stink and are perhaps the most vehemently Anti-Axl and self-righteous.

When "Chinese Democracy" drops, it's going to drop big-time. On all boards, everywhere, people are going to go nuts. I honestly predict it will be as divisive and heated as the 2004 American Presidential election.

All of this taken into consideration, the question is asked, what is the role of us, the few, the proud, the hard-core fans...What are we to do? How do we challenge and immobilize the people that want Axl to fail? Do we have a broad-reaching plan of action for all three above anti-Axl groups? Or do we have a special strategy for each?

Why should we care? What is the point of standing up for Axl? I will tell you. While most music/rock fans have strong opinions, the media, which will influence the general public, are up for grabs. The media must know that Axl Rose is supported, which will help the band in the long-run. We must let it be known that we like "Chinese Democracy," and we must yell louder than the anti-Axl contingent, because they will yell very loud indeed.

GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind...

Discuss...?

Or we could just not give a fuck and keep listening to Guns N' Roses, because we like them and not everyone else has to.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
SlashDelonge
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2006, 07:31:26 PM »

Greetings all:

I would like to take a moment to discuss the psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and then, as a community, how we, as loyal fans, can best combat them.

Your participation in this thread would be most appreciated. Whether you be a newbie, or a veteran. Now let us begin.

Axl Rose is unique in the fact that he is both equally loved and reviled more passionately then almost anyone else. People familiar with Mr. Rose either love him or hate him. To his loyal fans, he is an almost messianic, Christlike tortured genius. To his detractors he is a woman-beating, homophobic, petty dictator (AMG). While some fans do see the gray and acknowledge both his good and bad points, in the end, people usually either strongly like, or dislike Axl Rose. As of this writing it's been nearly 15 years since GN'R released their last studio album, yet when demos were leaked on the net, it was as though the Chinese were invading. All over the Internet and across the US where the songs were previewed on the radio, fans/non-fans weighed in with their two cents. A decade and a half later, people are eager to voice their opinion.

Few rock/music fans seem to be indifferent about the new songs and the prospect of a new album. People are either excited and drooling at the prospect, or they want to get up on a soapbox and trash Axl Rose senseless. It's as though non-Axl fans would like nothing more than to see him fail.

I will categorize the anti-Axl folk into three categories:

(1) The old-school gunners -- The "If Slash isn't there, it's not GN'R" crowd.
(2) The Mullet-heads-Still stuck on the Crue and Ratt, most aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the brilliant Illusion albums.
(3) The Morrisey/Westerbeg crowd- These folks tend to post at the Velvet Rope. Elitist, pseudo intellectual types who regard "Chinese Democracy" as the "buttock 'Smile,'" Perhaps our greatest foe, these people tend to think that their shit doesn't stink and are perhaps the most vehemently Anti-Axl and self-righteous.

When "Chinese Democracy" drops, it's going to drop big-time. On all boards, everywhere, people are going to go nuts. I honestly predict it will be as divisive and heated as the 2004 American Presidential election.

All of this taken into consideration, the question is asked, what is the role of us, the few, the proud, the hard-core fans...What are we to do? How do we challenge and immobilize the people that want Axl to fail? Do we have a broad-reaching plan of action for all three above anti-Axl groups? Or do we have a special strategy for each?

Why should we care? What is the point of standing up for Axl? I will tell you. While most music/rock fans have strong opinions, the media, which will influence the general public, are up for grabs. The media must know that Axl Rose is supported, which will help the band in the long-run. We must let it be known that we like "Chinese Democracy," and we must yell louder than the anti-Axl contingent, because they will yell very loud indeed.

GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind...

Discuss...?

Or we could just not give a fuck and keep listening to Guns N' Roses, because we like them and not everyone else has to.

well said beer
SlashDelonge
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2006, 07:32:30 PM »

everyone give props to chinesedemocracy05!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: