Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.  (Read 10206 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 01:10:26 PM »

Nixon, stick up for him all you like, as is your right-------

Personally, the only thing that interests me about Axl/GnR is the music, let his PR staff handle al the other issues

I just wish there was a product to b excited about

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ever think people are down on Axl, or criticize him because it's been 15 years between new material releases

and if hety want to, thats their right

RichardNixon
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »

What about the street teams?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »

What about the street teams?
Take a trip back in time and ask mysteron! rofl

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

you need haters to be successfull... Look at people like howard stern the media that's negative and the ffc or the christian groups that jump up and down cause more people to tune in then out..  Most of the biggest popular people have equal love hate... Who the fuck want sto be in a world where everyone just kisses ass and loves everything about a person..? Axl is hated not by accident either, wasn't like he was the model man to every person that got into gnr..

Amen-Axl Rose just wouldn't be Axl Rose if we all loved him! But, Mr. Nixon, i do agree with yor general and well thought out characterizations of Axl-haters-but whatever and whoever they might be, they're entitled to their feelings, even if they are misguided-it's on Axl and the strength of the material that will or won't prove them wrong. CD will undoubtedly be polarizing-but the fact that it will be in and of itself will help the album, b/c people (casual music fans) will want to buy it just to see what the debate is all about.

if Axl can reconcile that people might hate him and his work (and I think he has), then we can too.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:30:53 PM by NickNasty06: Vengeance » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 01:27:44 PM »

there are  just axl haters now because of how axl acts after the big  guns ended... People don't agree with the fact he kept the name, people hate the wait, people hate the idea he thinks he was and is gnr alone, people hate the idea that he believes whoever he hires as long as he's the singer then it's guns n roses.. There are many reasons to dislike axl rose
parisrocks
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 01:34:01 PM »

I had an Alice In Chains fan tell me that GNR wasn't GNR anymore w/out the rest of the band, but he was pumped for the new AIC configuration.

I was like, "Isn't your lead singer dead?".
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »

I read an interview back in 2000 in Rolling Stone that axl said something to the effect of "There was Guns N Roses before they (the originallineup) were in the band, and there will be guns N Roses even though they left"

technically that is true, there was GnR before they were in the band (though Izzy was w/ Axl from the Hollywood Rose days)

that being said, GnR wasn't GnR until the line-up that made AFD and the UYI albums

The fact is though, It's comments like the above as to why there are some Axl haters, not to mention 15 years between original releases, missed concerts, etc........though I love the band and like what I've heard from the demo leaks, Axl's earned the detractor's and haters, cynics and critics

Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 02:15:29 PM »

Gimme a break, Nixon. Not only are you believing the media conspiracy propoganda, it sounds like you've been mind melding with Mysteron through PMs. Who gives a fuck what a journalist, newspaper, magazine, critic,etc, thinks of Axl? Years ago he didn't care. Now that he gets upset when one person hates him we're supposed to unite and declare war and start some smear campaign? You need to come back to planet earth. Anyone who is talented, rich, famous, and controversial will have a certain amount of haters. He needs to deal with that fact, and so do you.

No one says you have to be involved.? rant

YOU said "GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind..." so jameslofton29 did.

Speak your mind about how to combat the anti-Axl folks. And now I am saying no one has to be involved if they don't want to.

yes, if we didnt want to be invloved we wudnt be.

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 02:17:59 PM »

One thing we can do is to post our reviews on amazon.com and as many other online sites as we can.... not to be overly positive or praising but trying to be more objecting and understanding of the new lineup, what they have gone through, etc...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 02:26:48 PM »

One thing we can do is to post our reviews on amazon.com and as many other online sites as we can.... not to be overly positive or praising but trying to be more objecting and understanding of the new lineup, what they have gone through, etc...

Yes, sounds good. I also think it would help if he emailed and called our local radio stations.
G n F n R
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »

Grin Strike down the Axl haters!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »

This thread is ridiculous. "The psychological makeup of haters?" Give me a break! Every public figure has their supporters and their "haters." There is no use debating their pyschological makeup. They are aren't any more strange than those of you who worship a reclusive rock star.

Axl does ignite more passion from people (whether it is positive or negative) than someone like Vince Neil for example. It's simply because Guns N Roses were one of the few bands that created passion in people on a global level. So people who are passionate about Guns N Roses' music tend to be passionate about their feelings towards Axl. These people tend to view him as some sort of musical God who can do no wrong or they view him as an egotistical jerk who destroyed the very band that ignited that passion in them.

I tend to lean towards the latter, but I am not an Axl "hater." I love the music he helped create. I respect him as a musician, but that doesn't give him a free pass to do whatever he pleases. I'm not going to overlook the negative just because I enjoy his music. He is not a person to be admired, in my opinion. However, I am not one of those people who are just looking for him to fail. I don't believe he is the musical genius his diehards make him out to be, but I can listen to his music with an open mind. I have no problem admitting when he does something great such as Better.

You just have to respect other people's opinions and realize you can't change their mind. Support Axl however you wish, but don't try to force people to do the same.
Origen
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 02:57:24 PM »

They are aren't any more strange than those of you who worship a reclusive rock star. 

Exactly. I think if you refer to Axl as "messianic, Christlike" then you need your "psychological makeup" examined  confused
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 03:01:17 PM »

This thread is ridiculous. "The psychological makeup of haters?" Give me a break! Every public figure has their supporters and their "haters." There is no use debating their pyschological makeup. They are aren't any more strange than those of you who worship a reclusive rock star.

Axl does ignite more passion from people (whether it is positive or negative) than someone like Vince Neil for example. It's simply because Guns N Roses were one of the few bands that created passion in people on a global level. So people who are passionate about Guns N Roses' music tend to be passionate about their feelings towards Axl. These people tend to view him as some sort of musical God who can do no wrong or they view him as an egotistical jerk who destroyed the very band that ignited that passion in them.

I tend to lean towards the latter, but I am not an Axl "hater." I love the music he helped create. I respect him as a musician, but that doesn't give him a free pass to do whatever he pleases. I'm not going to overlook the negative just because I enjoy his music. He is not a person to be admired, in my opinion. However, I am not one of those people who are just looking for him to fail. I don't believe he is the musical genius his diehards make him out to be, but I can listen to his music with an open mind. I have no problem admitting when he does something great such as Better.

You just have to respect other people's opinions and realize you can't change their mind. Support Axl however you wish, but don't try to force people to do the same.

repeat

No.

I think people here have missed the point. Obviously people can say whatever they want. But when the album is released and when activity starts up again, we should be there to stand up for Axl after his long absence.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »

Im as pro Axl as u can get but some of the guitar work is somewhat mediocre so far.

Axls vocals,lyrics,melodies kick major ass though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »

to be fair this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever read in my life.  yes ok
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2006, 05:29:38 PM »

Are people not allowed to dislike Axl? Who cares if someone hates Axl? I dont like Twisted Sister or Motley Crue. Its just a diffrent taste in music. If people dont like Axl let them. Stop bitching. They probably hate him worst because fans protect him all the time.

When Im Gone.............
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »

to be fair this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever read in my life.  yes ok
But yet you took the time to post. Roll Eyes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2006, 06:31:30 PM »

last I checked, there was freedom of speech and expression

people are free to love or hate Axl Rose and GnR? as much as they want

the title of this thread reminds me of the born again christians who try to convert everybody, shoving there beliefs down your throat; some of the exact things Axl ranted about in One in a Million

No.

I think people here have missed the point. Obviously people can say whatever they want. But when the album is released and when activity starts up again, we should be there to stand up for Axl after his long absence.

Axl's a grown man and he has a PR machine.   He and his people can stand up for him.  That's what they get paid for.  I'm too busy trying to run my business to "stand up for Axl after his long absence".  Unless he wants to put me on his payroll.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »

I don't think anyone needs to be "shutting up" anyone else for having an opposing view of GN'R and Axl... that being said... Nixon is correct to state that we should do everything in our power to insure that our point of view is at least HEARD... no one needs to go around beating the hell out of Nirvana fans... but it wouldn't hurt to be sure that we: (a) buy several copies of CD (if possible- give em away as X-mas and B-Day gifts); (b) request GN'R from our local radio stations; (c) attend the concerts; (d) make intelligent write-ups and reviews of CD on Amazon, etc.; (e) write-up objective and informed reviews of GN'R concerts; (f) reach out to those friends and relatives of ours that we know at some time liked GN'R and (g) "stick up" for the band in a RESPECTFUL way when you hear it get dissed in casual conversation... and this to me is probably the most important thing, because I find it happens ALL THE TIME... I was at dinner the other night with my wife (27) and some slightly younger couples (23-24), and one of the girls was having a laugh about how I liked Guns N' Roses and Axl, etc. and I calmly (emphasize calmly) debated her back... by the end of the night she, as well as most of the other couples, were dying to get her hands on a copy of CD. So many of the "haters" have no depth or real commitment to their opinions (NOTHING compared to the depth of our understanding and respect for GN'R)... if you respectfully debate with them... they usually fold and admit that they at least like a few GN'R songs. The reality is, many of these people (even just 2-3 yr. age difference- but that's how quickly the landscape changed in 93-94) just went to high school in an era when GN'R was uncool and they've never known any different nor bothered to research their initial impressions.

Now there's a hardcore group of Axl Rose haters out there that know their shit and just don't happen to like the guy at all... no matter what. Fine. No need to even debate these people... but we can at least compete against them for control over the media's perception of Axl and GN'R... I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Seems to me that they've been running the show for too long...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: