Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.  (Read 10192 times)
RichardNixon
« on: February 26, 2006, 08:09:11 AM »

Greetings all:

I would like to take a moment to discuss the psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and then, as a community, how we, as loyal fans, can best combat them.

Your participation in this thread would be most appreciated. Whether you be a newbie, or a veteran. Now let us begin.

Axl Rose is unique in the fact that he is both equally loved and reviled more passionately then almost anyone else. People familiar with Mr. Rose either love him or hate him. To his loyal fans, he is an almost messianic, Christlike tortured genius. To his detractors he is a woman-beating, homophobic, petty dictator (AMG). While some fans do see the gray and acknowledge both his good and bad points, in the end, people usually either strongly like, or dislike Axl Rose. As of this writing it's been nearly 15 years since GN'R released their last studio album, yet when demos were leaked on the net, it was as though the Chinese were invading. All over the Internet and across the US where the songs were previewed on the radio, fans/non-fans weighed in with their two cents. A decade and a half later, people are eager to voice their opinion.

Few rock/music fans seem to be indifferent about the new songs and the prospect of a new album. People are either excited and drooling at the prospect, or they want to get up on a soapbox and trash Axl Rose senseless. It's as though non-Axl fans would like nothing more than to see him fail.

I will categorize the anti-Axl folk into three categories:

(1) The old-school gunners -- The "If Slash isn't there, it's not GN'R" crowd.
(2) The Mullet-heads-Still stuck on the Crue and Ratt, most aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the brilliant Illusion albums.
(3) The Morrisey/Westerbeg crowd- These folks tend to post at the Velvet Rope. Elitist, pseudo intellectual types who regard "Chinese Democracy" as the "buttock 'Smile,'" Perhaps our greatest foe, these people tend to think that their shit doesn't stink and are perhaps the most vehemently Anti-Axl and self-righteous.

When "Chinese Democracy" drops, it's going to drop big-time. On all boards, everywhere, people are going to go nuts. I honestly predict it will be as divisive and heated as the 2004 American Presidential election.

All of this taken into consideration, the question is asked, what is the role of us, the few, the proud, the hard-core fans...What are we to do? How do we challenge and immobilize the people that want Axl to fail? Do we have a broad-reaching plan of action for all three above anti-Axl groups? Or do we have a special strategy for each?

Why should we care? What is the point of standing up for Axl? I will tell you. While most music/rock fans have strong opinions, the media, which will influence the general public, are up for grabs. The media must know that Axl Rose is supported, which will help the band in the long-run. We must let it be known that we like "Chinese Democracy," and we must yell louder than the anti-Axl contingent, because they will yell very loud indeed.

GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind...

Discuss...?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 08:14:24 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 08:14:30 AM »

well you're coming up with the *hardcore/cool* hating facts.

for a lot of people he also is:

lame
gay
fag
fat
sings like a woman
wears tiny shorts like a faggot
un-cool
emo
weinner
bitchy
cry-baby
horrible high voice.
emo (did i say that?)
stupid
un-educated redneck who rants about politics

that's what a lot of people say.

and i'm fine with that. i'm glad people hate axl and gnr.

cause in the end. we don't care. he doesn't care. it's rock n roll Smiley
i always say Axl is so LAME that makes him so cool.

Origen
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 08:17:07 AM »

People hear are Guns N Roses fans one way or another otherwise they wouldn't even be here, your simple bitching about people who have a different opinion to you or don't kiss Axl's ass.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 08:49:08 AM »

Gimme a break, Nixon. Not only are you believing the media conspiracy propoganda, it sounds like you've been mind melding with Mysteron through PMs. Who gives a fuck what a journalist, newspaper, magazine, critic,etc, thinks of Axl? Years ago he didn't care. Now that he gets upset when one person hates him we're supposed to unite and declare war and start some smear campaign? You need to come back to planet earth. Anyone who is talented, rich, famous, and controversial will have a certain amount of haters. He needs to deal with that fact, and so do you.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 08:51:26 AM »

How can you hate someone who gives you "Better" & "TWAT"...?!

Not to mention "SCOM", "November Rain", "Patience", "WTTJ" etc....
88 Days
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »

Years ago he didn't care. Now that he gets upset when one person hates him we're supposed to unite and declare war and start some smear campaign? You need to come back to planet earth.
no offense but maybe you should take your own advice, some guy on a message board encouraging people to bombard a newspaper with letters doesn't mean axl has fuck all to do with it. actually that would surprise me, he's more the type to rant on tour about it. axl is no bitching newcomer, he has taken criticism for 19 years in the media now, i doubt he would be shocked by this one.
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:55:31 AM »

Gimme a break, Nixon. Not only are you believing the media conspiracy propoganda, it sounds like you've been mind melding with Mysteron through PMs. Who gives a fuck what a journalist, newspaper, magazine, critic,etc, thinks of Axl? Years ago he didn't care. Now that he gets upset when one person hates him we're supposed to unite and declare war and start some smear campaign? You need to come back to planet earth. Anyone who is talented, rich, famous, and controversial will have a certain amount of haters. He needs to deal with that fact, and so do you.

No one says you have to be involved.  rant
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 08:55:56 AM »

Like I said to Nixon, certain segments of the population hate genius, celebrity, etc. Take your avatar as an example. John Lennon was a genius. Certain people hated him. Does that make him any less of a genius? Of course not.

Even the most loved person in the world has someone that hates them.

Origen
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 08:59:46 AM »

No one says you have to be involved.? rant

YOU said "GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind..." so jameslofton29 did.

Cause we don't live in a fantasy world where everyone goes around talking about how much they love GnR? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:01:34 AM by Origen » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 09:01:49 AM »

No one says you have to be involved.? rant

YOU said "GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind..." so jameslofton29 did.

Speak your mind about how to combat the anti-Axl folks. And now I am saying no one has to be involved if they don't want to.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 09:05:38 AM »

Cause we don't live in a fantasy world where everyone goes around talking about how much they love GnR? Roll Eyes

Yeah, it was a rhetorical question, I didn't want an answer.  ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 11:04:54 AM »

I myself would consider myself an Axl lover however, I don't see him as christlike.   I see what his faults are as a fan and not like I personally know him.   Axl knows that we the fans fully support him...he also knows that there are the Slash lovers out there that will just not except gnr as gnr without Slash and will continue to bash him for it and I am sure a part of him does care about what people [slash lovers or just old fans, non die hard fans and non fans] say concerning his presence, his voice, etc.  He is so critical of his own music that I am sure he is that of himself but in the same sense doesn't care, you know what I am trying to say.    I don't really see what more we can do, I mean we have been here for years waiting....which Axl is fully aware of, he knows we support him and will continue to do that I mean just being here online and off voicing our opinions to the "axl haters" I think is enough.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 11:16:34 AM »

The only person who can cut the bashers mouth of, is Axl himself. Come back and show he still rocks and can make music.
His fans should not make any "hate the haters" situation. People can like and dislike whoever they want. Just because we belive in
Axl and his talent, doesent mean that that we have the right to fight the "bashers". Let that be Axls job, for himself to make them
think twise. All be can do, is to give Axl our support and show him, that there really is someone out here that cares!
Thats what important! Axl have the greates fans in the world. I think we have proven that!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 11:23:05 AM »

lame
gay
fag
fat
sings like a woman
un-cool
emo
weinner
bitchy
cry-baby
horrible high voice.
emo (did i say that?)
stupid

And a rapper.

Emo?
That's new... They are saying Axl is an emo?? rofl
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:24:41 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 11:34:05 AM »

The music will speak for itself.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Steel_Angel
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 11:44:49 AM »

lame
gay
fag
fat
sings like a woman
un-cool
emo
weinner
bitchy
cry-baby
horrible high voice.
emo (did i say that?)
stupid

you forgot wigger and especially asshole. i go to random forums, they now say axl's a redneck wigger, not that i give a fuck..  rant
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 12:19:34 PM »

We need a useless section of the forums for posts like this.

Why do we need to "fight" those who think differently than us?  Let them listen to what they want.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

last I checked, there was freedom of speech and expression

people are free to love or hate Axl Rose and GnR  as much as they want

the title of this thread reminds me of the born again christians who try to convert everybody, shoving there beliefs down your throat; some of the exact things Axl ranted about in One in a Million

RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »

last I checked, there was freedom of speech and expression

people are free to love or hate Axl Rose and GnR? as much as they want

the title of this thread reminds me of the born again christians who try to convert everybody, shoving there beliefs down your throat; some of the exact things Axl ranted about in One in a Million

No.

I think people here have missed the point. Obviously people can say whatever they want. But when the album is released and when activity starts up again, we should be there to stand up for Axl after his long absence.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »

you need haters to be successfull... Look at people like howard stern the media that's negative and the ffc or the christian groups that jump up and down cause more people to tune in then out.. ?Most of the biggest popular people have equal love hate... Who the fuck want sto be in a world where everyone just kisses ass and loves everything about a person..? Axl is hated not by accident either, wasn't like he was the model man to every person that got into gnr..

Rn what would ytou like to do when the album comes out to defend axl, hit the road with torches and pipes and hit people not into axl rose?? I mean the way you do your part is by buying the album voting for the videos and buying tickets to the shows, other then that who gives a fuck..? This reminds me of back in the day when the girls wanted to punch people because you knocked the new kids on the block hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: