Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:22:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How could Axl be so careless?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How could Axl be so careless?  (Read 11902 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

D, isn't that the beauty of all this? You don't know what to expect. You have some idea, but it's something that may be something better (no pun intended). All I'm saying is that this is probably the best way to create hype without expectations. There has been so many times where CD was supposed to be released and then it wasn't.  I think this was the only escape route for Axl and company to see what the interest would be for this new material. I'm happy for the leaks. Although I'm a HUGE fan of Axl, I was disappointed that GNR would go on without Slash and Co. I think these demos have helped me to regain my interests in hearing new material from my childhood hero.
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 04:28:47 PM »

madagascar was changed from the rio concert the bucket solo was nowhere near as good id rather listen to the rio version than the 2002 tour version any day.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 07:08:44 PM »

see my point?

Same with The Blues, the one at Rio was perfect and the one during the 2002 tour wasnt as good but the thing is, Im so use to Maddy and The Blues from RIR, that anything different is gonna be hard for me to accept and thats the problem with DL leaks.

DL a few songs to get a taste of what is to come is fine.

DL an ENTIRE album is disrespecting the artist.

Cause U may buy the album but the 20 people u share it with may not.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »

There is the possibility that they were intention I won't rule that out totally, but I doubt it.

I know we don't owe Axl anything as he doesn't owe us.. but when the CD is right around he corner I find it unfair to those who worked so hard. I know we have stayed loyal all these years but our reward for that is coming. Gigs have been annouced and following the 02 tour I think it's safe to say he wouldn't make the same mistake again. I find it amazing and incredibly selfish that so many 'fans' are like 'fuck Axl I've been waiting all this time I'm going to leak or I want more leaks' etc etc.. I find that attitude selfish and quite frankly I don't know how they can call themselves 'fans' or 'supporters' of Axl *ducks for cover*
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »

There is the possibility that they were intention I won't rule that out totally, but I doubt it.

I know we don't owe Axl anything as he doesn't owe us.. but when the CD is right around he corner I find it unfair to those who worked so hard. I know we have stayed loyal all these years but our reward for that is coming. Gigs have been annouced and following the 02 tour I think it's safe to say he wouldn't make the same mistake again. I find it amazing and incredibly selfish that so many 'fans' are like 'fuck Axl I've been waiting all this time I'm going to leak or I want more leaks' etc etc.. I find that attitude selfish and quite frankly I don't know how they can call themselves 'fans' or 'supporters' of Axl *ducks for cover*

I appreciate your sentiments, but at this point, I truly wonder if you can safely say anything when it comes to Axl Rose.

Are there really any safe bets with him?

Ali
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »

I was originally in the camp that said this was a marketing ploy, but with the possible leaking of other tracks, it's almost to the point where we will have 'Demo Democracy"-and it hardly makes sense for the super-prefectionist to deliberately leak an entire unpoloshed version of his album. But I cant see Axl being so careless as to leave copies floating around at nudie bars either!

Possiblities Im Considering:

Someone at one of the clubs ran their DJ system of an audio-ripping program like iTunes and stole tracks that way

An engineer (or engineers) who worked on CD in the last few years had been helping themselves to some free cuts of the songs and are now leaking them out a dislike for axl rose.

the timing, im afraid, makes everything suspect. but all it would take to clear it up is axl hisself releasing the record.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 07:33:44 PM »

...but when the CD is right around he corner ...

What?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
badapple81
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »

I appreciate your sentiments, but at this point, I truly wonder if you can safely say anything when it comes to Axl Rose.

Ali

I totally understand where you are coming from too. I just think after the whole 02 cancelled gigs and tour thing.. he couldn't possibly do it again. I have faith in Axl to have a definate plan this time. I think the timing all fits in too.. he said 23/26 songs almost done.. gigs are in a couple of months time for a single or soundtrack song followed by the album around mid-year ?ok
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:48 PM »

i think it was a test run. to see how we would react to the songs.for the new songs coming.

the one an only horsey !
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 07:44:16 PM »

Ali

I totally understand where you are coming from too. I just think after the whole 02 cancelled gigs and tour thing.. he couldn't possibly do it again. I have faith in Axl to have a definate plan this time. I think the timing all fits in too.. he said 23/26 songs almost done.. gigs are in a couple of months time for a single or soundtrack song followed by the album around mid-year  ok

I hope you're right, man.  I really do.  I hope that Merck is thinking what you're thinking, that it would be unwise at best to just tour for the sake of touring without an album to promote the tour.  If Merck's doing his job well, that's what he's told Axl already.

Ali
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 07:58:55 PM »

Sorry, but we still don't know if CD is right around the corner, it could be months, years or never until the record company tells us otherwise.  Axl is still very unreliable live, as far as I'm concerned, as to whether he'll be late or show up at all.  Or if he can even sing well live. 

For whatever reason he doesn't want to release his music, I don't know, but I'm enjoying it now and am thankful, and I'll be thankful if we get more.  His talent should be heard. 
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »

I hope you're right, man.  I really do.  I hope that Merck is thinking what you're thinking, that it would be unwise at best to just tour for the sake of touring without an album to promote the tour.  If Merck's doing his job well, that's what he's told Axl already.

Ali

Getting CD out and having a successful incident-free tour will this year will be the ultimate arbiter of Merck's success as the manager for Axl/GnR- it's also probably the only way he'll save face if/when Sanctuary itself finally implodes for good.

If Merck didnt learn about his client's unreliablity and current standing as a marketable act with no new material from 2002, then he really is a fool-but the guy's had too much other success for me to think he cant learn from his mistakes.

---Nick Nasty--

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 08:20:53 PM »

Same with The Blues, the one at Rio was perfect

Lol are you joking?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »

Same with The Blues, the one at Rio was perfect

Lol are you joking?

He's not joking.  Actually, alot of folks here on the board preferred the more up-tempo version of The Blues from Rio.  Personally, the best I've heard were Boston and Pittsburgh from the '02 tour.  Boston for a smoother sound, and Pittsburgh for more emotional vocals.  Just my opinion.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2006, 08:32:20 PM »

It is my firm belief that we are all being played like chumps.

Think about it.

1). We hear nothing for all this time and suddenly all this stuff is being leaked.

2). Axl, who has kept this whole project under tight lock and key, suddenly gets sloppy and tracks are allowed to drop about everywhere like cheap candy from a pinata

3). It coincidently starts just as Axl is suddenly being seen in public - not just by accident - as if the sudden increase in public sightings isn't enough he goes to a Korn launch party and a Victoria's Secret event where he knows he's gonna be centre of attention.

4). Add in the announcement of tour dates - also at the same time.

5). We have varying stories about the discs that these demos have come off - yeah there was definitely "one with 7 tracks: IRS v1, IRS v2, Better, TWAT, IRS, and two instrumentals" - and yet more tracks are appearing. Where the fuck did catcher in the rye come from? So there's two demo discs that are getting leaked at once as has been mentioned? Possibly a third? Yeah right all these songs become magically available, despite being from different discs, at the same time. Far fetched?

6). Who here doesn't get the feeling of being strung along bit by bit? Part of one song, then another part another day, then another song on another day, then a small clip, and so on. How long will this go on for?

7). Minor point - No finished tracks? Not even a hint of a rumour about a finished track being leaked? - So security over that seems as tight as a ducks ass.

8 ). Your main question here is: How would GN'R benefit from these leaks?

a). Free publicity
b). Gauge fan reactions
c). Possibly (probably only slightly) reduce the demand for leaks from the final album - shifts the focus: there's nobody offering or even thinking about offering money for an album leak because they're too busy trying to get hold of these demos. This could definitley work if the album was due soon.
d). Familiarise fanbase with new material - especially if the album isn't coming out before some of the shows that have been scheduled and they plan on playing some new tracks.

This could harm GN'R you say? How? Sales? Leaked demos of songs are never gonna effect the album sales of Chinese Democracy - would you be happy with only having demos of all the songs?......

@#$%Funker
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:34:45 PM by Mutherfunker » Logged
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006, 08:42:52 PM »

Well Funker, when you put it like that.... Shocked

Look, we could all being played for fools, no question-as ali said, you cant really predict axl. but you know what? we will NEVER know for sure-because if this was the strategy all along, then they wont give it away-not with how 'well' its worked (when was the last time a demo from a band CHARTED?)

But sometimes coincidence is just that.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:49:56 PM by NickNasty06: Vengeance » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2006, 08:46:47 PM »

Well Funker, when you put it like that.... Shocked

Look, we could all being played for fools, no question-as ali said, you cant really predict axl. but you know what? we will NEVER know for sure-because if this was the strategy all along, then the wont give it away-not with how 'well' its worked (when was the last time a demo from a band CHARTED?)

But sometimes coincide is just that.

Far, far too much "coincide" for my liking.

@#$%Funker
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2006, 08:49:23 PM »

One of the new songs could have very well be planned to be a single. Axl obviously has said hes fond of those 2 songs that were leaked. Why would he release them on the internet for free?
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2006, 08:55:07 PM »

Every dj ?i have heard ?has said it is coming out in March . ?people are reported hearing their local dj's say the same thing. ? Do they know something we don't Huh ?Or are they just repeating what Slash said?? ? ? ? ?I guess we'll find out. ?As close as the release of this album seems ? it can very easily be scratched and never to see the light of day. ? Anything is possible ?with Axl Rose ?. ?He's up there with Michael Jackson as far as wacky ? artists goes. ? ? ?I still can't believe Mysteron posted that about the Herald article. ? I hope Axl had nothing to do with it. ?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

One of the new songs could have very well be planned to be a single. Axl obviously has said hes fond of those 2 songs that were leaked. Why would he release them on the internet for free?

He hasn't, we have incomplete demos. Think about it - nobody has heard the actual single which could be very different. And that's beside the fact that none of these could be the first single.

@#$%Funker
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: