Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How could Axl be so careless?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How could Axl be so careless?  (Read 11903 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: February 25, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »

I dont understand how he does such a great fuckin job keepin a lid on everything and then does some dumbass stupid shit like letting a club play 2 discs of CD and now we got all these fuckin leaks coming out.

Axl dropped the ball and merck and whoever have no one to blame but themselves. 

Im disappointed that he became so careless and I pray the entire album isnt leaked.

I listened to a few just to satisfy my curiosity and to see what's in store.

I now know the album is gonna exceed my expectations so I dont want anymore leaks.

Im definitely pissed at Axl for being careless after all this time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »

According to someone who was in contact with the leakers, the material is the same stuff he played at the Crazy Horse strip club in Vegas in 2003 or 2004, can't remember which.  Take that with a grain of salt, but that's what the word is.  I'm not sure why it's just leaking now if that's the case, but that's what they claim
makane
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 03:20:23 PM »

I doubt they're from the recent Axl club parties. probably some 2002 promo cd, which someone got from a friend of someone...
I don't think Axl would've playd demos on those clubs, why would he?
Only thing im wondering is the timing with everything... "people will hear music this year", tour and the NYC happenings.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:22:05 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »

I dont understand how he does such a great fuckin job keepin a lid on everything and then does some dumbass stupid shit like letting a club play 2 discs of CD and now we got all these fuckin leaks coming out.

Is there any possibility that the leaks were intentional?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 03:22:12 PM »

If Axl goes places and plays his material for people, don't you think a part of him really wanted his material heard, at least by the people he played it for?

God forbid hungry FANS got their hands on some of those notes and discuss them. Roll Eyes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 03:23:22 PM »

I doubt they're from the recent Axl club parties. probably some 2002 promo cd, which someone got from a friend of someone...
Only thing im wondering is the timing with everything... "people will hear music this year", tour and the NYC happenings.

To gauge reaction?  There are different stages of demos.  Some are pretty close to finished, I think these songs are pretty close to finished.  They are minor details away from being finished, better mixing, some more production, and so on, but they sound pretty close
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 03:24:12 PM »

I too wonder how this could have happened. I understand how IRS could have happened because of the whole Trunk/piazza thing. My guess is Axl trusted someone not to leak it or maybe he isn't worried that these demos are being leaked because he knows the final versions are nothing like it. Your guess is just as good as mine or anyone else's.
makane
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »

To gauge reaction?? There are different stages of demos.? Some are pretty close to finished, I think these songs are pretty close to finished.? They are minor details away from being finished, better mixing, some more production, and so on, but they sound pretty close
Reaction from who? 5 people from bar staff? ?I doubt hes plan was to play these demos at a club and then someone steals and spreads them for the public.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »

To gauge reaction?? There are different stages of demos.? Some are pretty close to finished, I think these songs are pretty close to finished.? They are minor details away from being finished, better mixing, some more production, and so on, but they sound pretty close
Reaction from who? 5 people from bar staff? ?I doubt hes plan was to play these demos at a club and then someone steals and spreads them for the public.

Yah..but did it get stolen...did the dj burn the cd right there?? Did Axl forget he left it with the dj?? Seems all too careless as D has said.? I mean...I was a firm believer of them "management or axl or both" that the first few leaks were intentional but now I am starting to think otherwise cause how in the world do you let that many tracks leak to get the buzz going or fan and non fan reaction.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:45:07 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 03:41:38 PM »

To gauge reaction?  There are different stages of demos.  Some are pretty close to finished, I think these songs are pretty close to finished.  They are minor details away from being finished, better mixing, some more production, and so on, but they sound pretty close
Reaction from who? 5 people from bar staff?  I doubt hes plan was to play these demos at a club and then someone steals and spreads them for the public.

Why else would he play it in public then?  He can listen to it in private any time he wants, there had to be some reason he decided to play it in public
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:45 PM »

this shit wasnt intentional and if someone has the entire album and the whole thing is gonna leak then its disastrous.

Dirt I dont understand the eye rolling, u do realize that people are suppose to wait for the actual completed CD to come out before hearing the songs right?

What we have done just isnt right.

I can forgive all of us for DL IRS,TWAT and Better, give ourselves a little reward for waiting so long but Axl has proven in these songs that he has it and the album is gonna be a classic.

So that should satisfy our hunger and hold us over till the CD comes out.

not doing so is being selfish and greedy.

If Axl wants people to hear it............. SET A FUCKIN RELEASE DATE!!

this had to come out of his birthday bash, think about it.

The bash happened first week of February, the leaks happen a week or so later.

No way someone is gonna sit on this shit for 3 or 4 years and up and leak it one day.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »

As I previously stated in another thread, I think this is one HUGE marketing ploy. I think Axl intended for this to happen. Why would the leaks occur one week after he appeared in NYC? Why didn't the leaks occur after his venture to the strip club in 2003? ?There's something brewing. ?I think ?either way this is a smart strategy. This has created a huge buzz, which will probably amount to good sales for CD.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 03:48:40 PM »

If it is just a few songs then yeah, it could be a great marketing strategy BUT, it would be disastrous if the entire album is leaked.

Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 03:48:56 PM »

Why else would he play it in public then?  He can listen to it in private any time he wants, there had to be some reason he decided to play it in public

To satisfy himself. It's just as simple as that.
If you have worked on something for a long time you surely would like to be respected for your work. It seems that the album isn't done so he plays some songs in front of a little audience to get some respect until he can finally release the album.
Origen
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »

If it is just a few songs then yeah, it could be a great marketing strategy BUT, it would be disastrous if the entire album is leaked.

There Only Demos.

Listen to the November Rain demos, they sound fuck all like the studio version.

The leaks are only demos and they will sound alot better on the album, and everyone who listen to the leaks are still going to buy the album.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 03:55:36 PM »

D, in ways the leaking is a good thing. Free publicity and absolutely no statement from management, no work whatsoever. And they are demos, they won't sound this way once the album drops. Some not even remotely close I predict.

In the end, there will be music out there presented as Axl wanted it to be heard.

Don't worry so much.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 03:58:39 PM »

There Only Demos.

Listen to the November Rain demos, they sound fuck all like the studio version.

The leaks are only demos and they will sound alot better on the album, and everyone who listen to the leaks are still going to buy the album.

Oriegon, I am so focking sick of this mentallity.  NR demos were so focking stripped down.  I mean my god, listen to all the detail in these demos.  I mean listen to Better. All the effects and such.  I agree they will be different, but they won't be as drastic as NR.  Axl with one guitar and the other was Axl on the piano.  I guess my point is that there isn't much more to add that isn't already there.  I hope he is reading what we say, cause he needs more guitar other then the solos and some power chords.  He needs real riffs.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 03:59:21 PM »

D, I would agree with you if they were studio recordings. However, they are not. These are just demos. That's all they are. No one is sure how the final product will turn out until CD is released. ?I think Axl knew what was going to happen when he had his  limo driver hand a copy to the owner of the bar. Axl might be a lunatic, but he's also a genius. He knows how to create hype. I really have to admire this since this is something that should be taught in business school.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:02:48 PM by draguns » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 04:11:34 PM »

D, in ways the leaking is a good thing. Free publicity and absolutely no statement from management, no work whatsoever. And they are demos, they won't sound this way once the album drops. Some not even remotely close I predict.

In the end, there will be music out there presented as Axl wanted it to be heard.

Don't worry so much.

I dont worry over a few demos

Im talkin bout the entire album. that wouldnt be good.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »

D, I would agree with you if they were studio recordings. However, they are not. These are just demos. That's all they are. No one is sure how the final product will turn out until CD is released.  I think Axl knew what was going to happen when he had his  limo driver hand a copy to the owner of the bar. Axl might be a lunatic, but he's also a genius. He knows how to create hype. I really have to admire this since this is something that should be taught in business school.

Yeah but I made this point in a nother thread.

what happens though is, u get these demos stuck in your mind and u hear them and listen to them and u interpret and identify with them and they become a part of your conciousness.

U get so use to the demo version, once u get the real version u will be so use to the demo version u may not like the actual version.

what if madagascar is completely different?

I mean we are so use to what we've heard over the last 5 years that I couldnt imagine it sounding any other way.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: