Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:30:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't forget Fortus, there's a lot more to come
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't forget Fortus, there's a lot more to come  (Read 4421 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »

If finck could have the same amount of strength picking wise on his up notes and his down notes I would be a big fan.  However he doesn't so some notes get muddled or lost or you can't hear them as clearly as you wish you could.  Its not like just a little off, it is a lot off.  Also if he could have a better sense of timing wise when solo-ing and not leave so much dead space in between licks that call for no dead space I would be a huge fan.  I mean BB King has a lot of time between licks at times but it sounds good, with Finck on a solo I just don't think it sounds that good most times.  Also if finck could keep a solid tuned pitch when he bends I would be the biggest fan of his.  I hate that dissonance he puts in there, sometimes on purpose and sometimes he just fucks up a helluva lotta bends. 

I don't ask for him to be Slash, that's unreal for this guy.  He just needs more time working on technique and less time working on freaky ass stage moves.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to his solo in better and think... Hey this guys is on the fucking right track when it comes to some of his ideas for writing a solo, he just doesn't have the skill to make it happen.  He has the creativity to almost write it though. 
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 03:11:11 PM »

If you don't do music, it will be hard for you to understand. It's a musician thing.  I can recognize who is playing between Bucket, Finck, Fortus, Slash, Izzy or any other GN'R guitarist in a second. I can recognize who is playing drums between Adler, Sorum of Brain in a second. I can recognize who is playing Bass between Duff and Tommy in a second. It's not only a question of tone, it's a also question of "touch". It's not only the way it sounds, it's also the way it's played. The "touch" thing. Either it's magical, or it's not. For exemple, when you hear something robotic and musically cold, without vibe, be sure it just can be Buckethead and no one else, because it's his own style. It's his "touch".

Unfortunately this doesn't work for Buckethead because his sound and touch change all the time.  You listen to Cuckoo Clocks From Hell and then listen to Electric Tears, if you didn't know who it was, you wouldn't think it's the same guy
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »

i guess i don't know too much about him - but does fortus have any writing credits in his career? i was under the impression he didn't write much.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 03:25:26 PM »

If finck could have the same amount of strength picking wise on his up notes and his down notes I would be a big fan.? However he doesn't so some notes get muddled or lost or you can't hear them as clearly as you wish you could.? Its not like just a little off, it is a lot off.? Also if he could have a better sense of timing wise when solo-ing and not leave so much dead space in between licks that call for no dead space I would be a huge fan.? I mean BB King has a lot of time between licks at times but it sounds good, with Finck on a solo I just don't think it sounds that good most times.? Also if finck could keep a solid tuned pitch when he bends I would be the biggest fan of his.? I hate that dissonance he puts in there, sometimes on purpose and sometimes he just fucks up a helluva lotta bends.?

I don't ask for him to be Slash, that's unreal for this guy.? He just needs more time working on technique and less time working on freaky ass stage moves.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to his solo in better and think... Hey this guys is on the fucking right track when it comes to some of his ideas for writing a solo, he just doesn't have the skill to make it happen.? He has the creativity to almost write it though.?

I disagree with your post, but I guess I will let Finck do the talk on the album and tour.

enjoy,
vee
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:34:21 PM by vee » Logged
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 04:07:44 PM »

I've got to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing Finck and Fortus live. Fortus especially; in all the bootleg videos, the camera guy just doesn't seem interested in him, even though he's jumping roung like a mad thing...

SG
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 04:16:47 PM »

Yeah what's up with no Fortus on the bootlegs?  In November Rain from albany when he's kicking some ass on the first solo of the song I don't see him till like the last note.

BTW I do really hope Finck proves my last post wrong with CD and the shows coming up. 
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 04:43:09 PM »

I think Fortus can definetly make a big name for himself IF CD is ever released, I think he has all the makings to become a big time guitar player.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 05:09:46 PM »

Yeah what's up with no Fortus on the bootlegs?  In November Rain from albany when he's kicking some ass on the first solo of the song I don't see him till like the last note.

BTW I do really hope Finck proves my last post wrong with CD and the shows coming up. 

There's a chance these demos are from 2000 or 2001, before Fortus was in the band
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »

yeah, I'm sure those demos are pretty old.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 07:08:20 PM »

There's a chance these demos are from 2000 or 2001, before Fortus was in the band

I was actually talking about the bootleg camera work from the 2002 tour.  Whenever Fortus did have a solo, no one put the camera on him.

But yeah, I can't wait to hear him on cd.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 12:02:34 PM »

Richard has a new official Website, cool design http://www.4tus.com/
You can listen to his own stuff while you are browsing on Internet, there is a music player at the bottom of the page.  peace

axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

just listening to the tunes on richards new site and hey i like it.
can see him been ble to come up with dont cry type songs.
which id love to see from the new band.
something a bit softer and less epic.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »

Some of his electro stuff recall me Fatboy Slim, lol.? Smiley
But I do like when he rocks, with an old school guitar tone, sounds pretty like something "Western", you know, Ennio Moricone, and I like that.
I think he is a MUCH more interesting artist for GN'R than the bucket. I heard some of Buckethead's solo stuff, some are great (big sure moon, I love my parents, for Mom, Colma), but most of his stuff sounds fucking weird and not interesting for GN'R.

axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 03:54:52 PM »

yeah its the western part i liked the most.love his stuff on village gorilla head too.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: