Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:14:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't forget Fortus, there's a lot more to come
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't forget Fortus, there's a lot more to come  (Read 4430 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: February 25, 2006, 06:44:45 AM »

Don't forget those demos are probably old. Don't forget last year (2005), there were new recordings at the studio. And don't forget Richard recorded more lead and rythm guitar parts. We still haven't heard Richard. He is like a new weapon ready to Rock. Don't forget him.
There is a lot more to come. ok
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:46:57 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:00:06 AM »

That I can attest to, when I saw him at Don Hills a day before Axl showed uped at VIctoria Secrets Party, and in a casual converation I asked , "so you did go back and do more recording with axl in dec....." and he simply said yes.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:01:47 AM »

besides maybe BH how do you people know who exactly is playing the guitar..? Maybe I just never studied finck to fortus 101 Sad
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:07:18 AM »

after hearing the end of irs or better it makes you wonder what the others did do.. Bh's playing is so memorable out of everything... Also can those two others guys duplicate those solos in concert
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:14:59 AM »

well I haven't heard these leaks (am waiting for the real thing--not interested in demos) but with regard to Richard Fotus, I have to say that I was very impressed and moved by his fret work when I saw him touring with Tommy Stinson...I think (just my opinion) if he is given a bit more "grazing ground" with the gnr guitar sections he can not only do the job but add a major ingredient to this "new" combination of players known as gnr ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:21:34 AM »

after hearing the end of irs or better it makes you wonder what the others did do.. Bh's playing is so memorable out of everything... Also can those two others guys duplicate those solos in concert
The end if better (guitar outro) is played by ROBIN FINCK. It sounds amazing, I agree, but it's not Buckethead.

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 09:27:01 AM »

Fincks stuff sound cool, not memorizing though.

As far as Richo talking about the album I wouldn't expect too much from his mouth, hopefully he will speak with his hands.
makane
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »

The end if better (guitar outro) is played by ROBIN FINCK. It sounds amazing, I agree, but it's not Buckethead.
How do you exactly know this? (don't give me that "I know fincks tone" shit)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »

If you don't do music, it will be hard for you to understand. It's a musician thing.? I can recognize who is playing between Bucket, Finck, Fortus, Slash, Izzy or any other GN'R guitarist in a second. I can recognize who is playing drums between Adler, Sorum of Brain in a second. I can recognize who is playing Bass between Duff and Tommy in a second. It's not only a question of tone, it's a also question of "touch". It's not only the way it sounds, it's also the way it's played. The "touch" thing. Either it's magical, or it's not. For exemple, when you hear something robotic and musically cold, without vibe, be sure it just can be Buckethead and no one else, because it's his own style. It's his "touch".
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:27:18 AM by nesquick » Logged

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 10:14:59 AM »

I think there's a lot to come from Fink and Fortus.  I bet once bucket left they both got ta work.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 10:22:44 AM »

Robin is among the best for me. i'm totally convinced. I can hear his "touch" in those demos, he reminds me David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.
As for Fortus, I've been convinced for a long time he's among the best.

Slash is still the 200% pure genious though. he is absolutely phenomenal. He puts all his heart in his fingers, NO ONE can equal him. absolute genious. Axl is also a genious.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:33:30 AM by nesquick » Logged

makane
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »

Robin is among the best for me. i'm totally convinced. I can hear his "touch" in those demos, he reminds me David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.
As for Fortus, I've been convinced for a long time he's among the best.
yeah, right  Lips Sealed

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Eric
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »

Fortus rocks-I still loved him at MTV awards-he was so into the whole performance
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 10:48:37 AM »

I like some of Buckethead's effects, but he kind of shreads to a point where it doesnt add to the song at times. Fortus probrally re -recored some of his parts, so the demos we are hearing probrally have changed.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
benchiefjr
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 10:49:55 AM »

The underrated Fortus posts strike again, I don't have a doubt in my mind that Fortus could pull of these solos...he's an amazing guitarist.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 12:08:24 PM »

Fortus rocks-I still loved him at MTV awards-he was so into the whole performance

I usually like it.  I didn't like it when he was making love to his guitar though, that made me want to cry for being a fan of this band.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »

i`m very excited what richard added to CD and it`s successor, but i think we won`t get to know his real talent and his writing abilities on those CD`s, since he wasn?t really involved except recording i guess....  but we`ll see

the last solo in better is my favourite part of that song, by the way. i guess it`s finck, but i`m not sure.... 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 12:18:38 PM »

i`m very excited what richard added to CD and it`s successor, but i think we won`t get to know his real talent and his writing abilities on those CD`s, since he wasn?t really involved except recording i guess....? but we`ll see

the last solo in better is my favourite part of that song, by the way. i guess it`s finck, but i`m not sure....?

my favorite part too, fits really well.   I hope Richard did some cool solo's on the album too.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »

Just because the end of the song is melodic doesn't mean it is not bucket.  However, if there is a part that may be someone else, it is this part, cause it does not require a shredder.  i guess the only reason it could be fink or fortus is that it is easy enough for them to play.  Bucket is not that memorable to me on these songs.  Some of his shit sounds a lot like Zakk Wylde anyway on these demos.  Nesquick is right, Slash is one of the few that you instantly recognize as soon as he starts playing.  It is really amazing.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »

If you don't do music, it will be hard for you to understand. It's a musician thing.? I can recognize who is playing between Bucket, Finck, Fortus, Slash, Izzy or any other GN'R guitarist in a second. I can recognize who is playing drums between Adler, Sorum of Brain in a second. I can recognize who is playing Bass between Duff and Tommy in a second. It's not only a question of tone, it's a also question of "touch". It's not only the way it sounds, it's also the way it's played. The "touch" thing. Either it's magical, or it's not. For exemple, when you hear something robotic and musically cold, without vibe, be sure it just can be Buckethead and no one else, because it's his own style. It's his "touch".

True. I can't tell the difference between them.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: