Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks, not only cool for musical reasons... (read on)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks, not only cool for musical reasons... (read on)  (Read 5424 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 12:52:08 AM »

OK, so we're all Axl fans, right? Great! But that very rich, great singer/songwriter has bitched us around (and i don't dislike him for that, if anything, it shows he doesn't sell out from his principals, which i think is gangsta) for what? 12 years now. Not on purpose, but he has, with alllll the power in his hands fuckin pimped us. well now, the fans, us, the ones slaving for our favorite band thru thick and thin and even take abuse because of it - but we never let some radio friendly dick tear us down with "oh the new band sucks" "Axl's a dick" ... sometimes liking Axl feels like the equivalent of being a Michael Jackson fan (which i am actually, ok, maybe that's a tad more cringing but still) we have some power now, and i like it.

peace shun. sniffing my lines.

I don't want to sound like a prick. But can you read other threads before making such a similar one?

Fuck All Y'all
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 12:53:08 AM »

Why dont we just have one thread for the debate over wether or not this shit should be leaked.  The redundancy is irritating.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 12:55:28 AM »

Bootleggers are making a fortune on these tracks.? Keep supporting them.? ok

for the 3 songs i heard, and the five others i heard, i paid $0.00

regardless if i collect the whole album via leaks, i will buy it if i'm able to

I would have bought it 6 years ago when Rolling Stone siad the music was 99% done and the vocals were 80%done

stop you're preaching b4 i find out your reviews of the leaks
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 12:57:32 AM »

Yea but the leak of CD is bigger, man... it seems to be a big deal.

Depends on if the album's really coming out next month or not.? The reality is every album is leaked, no matter how tightly guarded or how huge.? It's just a matter of when.? And let's face it, this album has been tightly guarded for the most part, which is why nothing's really leaked until now, but when you have Axl, quite possibly hammered, at 5:30 in the morning on his birthday sending people to his hotel room to grab copies of the CD to bring back to the nightclub and playing 20 tracks for everyone there, that's a serious lapse in security when it comes to keeping the album under wraps

It is in fact interesting to note that the leaks came around the time of Axl's reemergence from reclusivity. So one wonder's ?if the leaks ?are tied to him, to management, to his partying, or to something else. What ?is clear is that for many years there were few leaks until Axl decided to resurface. So one ?wonders who is really behind it all....
gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 12:57:44 AM »

In the early days I used to go to trade shows that were held at hotels. ?They would show up once every month or two. ?I would buy concert videos of GNR on VHS for $30 which back then was real expensive. ?Even now that is a lot of money. ?It was $10 for a casette of a concert. ?I remember getting the live version of Shadow of your love. ?It was all on tape so you would loss quality from the multiple generations. ?Getting this stuff was exciting because you would never know what would be at the show. ?Now with the internet you know what is avaible in a short amount of time. ?Getting a leak back then might take a month instead of a couple of hours. ?
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 01:10:50 AM »

i didn't read that, but im sure i dont agree
HAHAHAHA

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 03:47:15 AM »

yeah you and your 34 posts can suck my fucking dick? ok

You and your 525 posts will be banned if you continue posting that shit.  ok

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
rainX
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 03:57:44 AM »

yeah you and your 34 posts can suck my fucking dick  ok

You and your 525 posts will be banned if you continue posting that shit.  ok

Fuck you. You come on here, there are like 50 posts asking for links to shit, 2 links posted for CITR, all kinds of threads, and the first fucking post you make is to someone whose spent the whole night sticking up for NOT LEAKING the songs and also even posted such things as "This is the best run forum on the internet"

fucking ban me if you want man, i ain't gonna not be myself.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 04:05:55 AM »

Every album leaks.? What's amazing is that in all the years they've been recording nothing's leaked until now.? Demos from the UYI albums leaked before those were released, it's not like this is some new or different thing

just wondering, UYI albums were released in 91.? How did the leaks spread? The internet wasn't really that popular then.

Bootleggers and peddlers on the street corner.? I don't remember exactly when they leaked or how long before the albums, but my brother got a hold of them before the albums came out, so this type of thing was even happening back then

the illusion demos on cassette by me were 25 dollars,,, That was a small fortune for me back in 91
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 04:29:38 AM »

Fuck you. You come on here, there are like 50 posts asking for links to shit, 2 links posted for CITR, all kinds of threads, and the first fucking post you make is to someone whose spent the whole night sticking up for NOT LEAKING the songs and also even posted such things as "This is the best run forum on the internet"

fucking ban me if you want man, i ain't gonna not be myself.

I already answered your pm, but since you posted this here also, I'll write also here.

Business as usual... There's a lot of shit going on. Your post was the first that I saw. Just because there's a shitload of pointless threads and a lot of insults thrown, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea for you post insults. The guy's a newbie, and what you could've done was explain him why him and his thread should've sucked your dick.

Instead, your kind of posts just create more hostility. At times like this, it is the people with a longer posting experience that we are counting on. We count on them so that there's atleast some type of meaning in the topics, that not every post is 'omg omg omg lol lol lol this is awesome'. This board has never been about that.

And I'm pretty sure you knew that. Just because told you not to insult other members wasn't a personal attack against you. It was a reminder for all that it's not what this board is about.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 05:34:33 AM »

you're a cock.

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 05:36:44 AM »

...isn't that the truth... Smiley

back on topic.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: