Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy may be out in March after all...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy may be out in March after all...  (Read 5085 times)
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 08:19:14 AM »

I guess soon may well never be the word... no

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 08:35:15 AM »

No chance in my opion it will come out in march, maybe a single at best.
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 09:31:17 AM »

Why would Axl want to play shows that WILL BE RECORDED with out an album? so we can have more live versions?

I think if he wants us to hear it his way, he releases before Rio. Otherwise, any new songs they play are all over the internet. What good is that ? ten years to hear the fucker from a live version.

If they are smart, they release the thing before RIO

Behold, the evil that men do...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

Don't worrie if AXL was going on tour he wouldn't tour before cd was released, that would be like shooting himself in the foot. You'd think!! Right?  yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 10:13:47 AM »

Why would Axl want to play shows that WILL BE RECORDED with out an album? so we can have more live versions?

I think if he wants us to hear it his way, he releases before Rio. Otherwise, any new songs they play are all over the internet. What good is that ? ten years to hear the fucker from a live version.

If they are smart, they release the thing before RIO

Of course the other possibility is that he shows up, rants about how the internet stole his material, tells fans to be patient, that the album is being finished up, and plays a set list with no new songs ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »

i still dont know. im still uneasy

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 10:35:09 AM »

I guess the live version of chinese democracy will quite differ from that on the album(s).

Why march? I'd expect some announcement and/or a promo in march.

I'd rather it comes out in May or june
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:36:58 AM by ppbebe » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:05 AM »

if they just got a fucking release date, I could hold out on listening to leaks. Right now... I'm conflicted. Because part of me thinks it might never come out, so I might as well.
But how amazing would it have been (theoretically) if you hadn't listened to leaks, bought CD and listened to it the way it was meant to be, everything overcoming you all at once because you didn't know what to expect. fuck..

Bare in mind - how many "official" release dates did the illusions have until they finally came out?  Ever 2 weeks from 89-91, if I recall correctly.  If it happened then, it'll surely happen again.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 12:37:53 PM »

If CD is not coming out in March, then I do think a single is coming out.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »

What the hell is going on?? There is a damn good reason all these tracks are leaking.? The album must be finished.? I mean, why are we all of the sudden getting all these leaks if Rose has been holding them so close to the vest all these years?Huh ?Axl has been spotted more times in the last two months than in the last 10 years its seems.? I think CD is done and Axl is trying to surprise us with a full-blown release in March or April.?

The whole fucking album is gonna leak and if you don't want to take a huge hit on sales, you better put the fucking disc out there!? Then, you have Slash saying twice, its coming in March.? I think many here are just gun-shy (pardon the pun), because they've delayed the album so much.? I think its coming very soon,? and we should hear from Axl shortly.? All of the sudden... all these fucking tour dates are being scheduled?!?? Dudes... CD is gonna be released this spring, its coming!

Leaks don't do a thing to sales. Some of the most leaked cds have been great sellers.

Don't buy the RIAA's crying about that. Most people who download songs, if they're good, will still buy the CD.

It will affect GNR!!!  They are not a normal band.  If people that expect a "certain sound" hear these, they may just dismiss the new effort totally.  So it is in their interest to release ASAP.  That way they will draw in the older GNR fans that want to hear old school style GNR, but will only be dissappointed after they already spent the $17.99. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »

It will affect GNR!!!  They are not a normal band.  If people that expect a "certain sound" hear these, they may just dismiss the new effort totally.  So it is in their interest to release ASAP.  That way they will draw in the older GNR fans that want to hear old school style GNR, but will only be dissappointed after they already spent the $17.99. 

Which is exactly why more people will download than buy this album, because they don't want to spend 18 bucks and get an album that doesn't sound like what they wanted.

If people are on the fence about something they download it first, and maybe buy it. However, most people don't follow through and buy the album after they have downloaded every track.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 12:57:57 PM »

What the hell is going on?? There is a damn good reason all these tracks are leaking.? The album must be finished.? I mean, why are we all of the sudden getting all these leaks if Rose has been holding them so close to the vest all these years?Huh ?Axl has been spotted more times in the last two months than in the last 10 years its seems.? I think CD is done and Axl is trying to surprise us with a full-blown release in March or April.?

The whole fucking album is gonna leak and if you don't want to take a huge hit on sales, you better put the fucking disc out there!? Then, you have Slash saying twice, its coming in March.? I think many here are just gun-shy (pardon the pun), because they've delayed the album so much.? I think its coming very soon,? and we should hear from Axl shortly.? All of the sudden... all these fucking tour dates are being scheduled?!?? Dudes... CD is gonna be released this spring, its coming!

They had tour dates in 2002, and we all know how that worked out in terms of the album coming out...

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 12:58:57 PM »

I don't think we are going to see it in March.  I think it was their plan to do so, but as usual, things got pushed back.  My guess is these songs were leaked somewhat intentionally so we could hear new songs without a full release BEFORE a concert tour.  The fact they are getting radio play and media attention is HUGE.  Even your avg fan might have heard these songs by now. Def someone who is going to buy a ticket to a GNR show is going to take the time to try to hear new songs (or so I would assume).
So now, instead of people hearing the blues and chi dem at a show and not knowing the words.....the intro to IRS will start being played and people will roar their approval and start singing along.  Then when the album is FINALLY ready, it will drop and hopefully a NA tour will happen to support it.

who really knows/can guess when it comes to this band though.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 11:43:03 AM »

Or he could say 'fuck these songs' and start from scratch

I heard that he really liked the songs The Blues, Better, and TWAT, so I don't think he'd chuck them at this point.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2006, 11:59:52 AM »

I honestly feel it is just going to come out and then alot the promotion will start, and a full blown tour will be announced.  In the world of Axl, this may be normal.  I think the cd sales will be weak at first and then get alot stronger.  They can tour anywhere but the US right now.  He needs to get out cd before they even attempt to tour here, especially after the 2002 debacle.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2006, 01:54:19 PM »

Well let's wait and see. I still feel March is too early but in saying that the album should have been released 3 years ago.

Why the fuck is there so many pinned topics on this board. Get rid of them for christ sake it is just clogging up a  decent message board. They are all completely pointless. rant

There's not anymore that I can do...
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2006, 02:16:26 PM »

if guns go on tour without a new record out they are shooting themselves in the foot. They barely got away with it in 2002. three years later and still no record.... it would be just lame.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: