Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy may be out in March after all...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy may be out in March after all...  (Read 5089 times)
DontDamnMe
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 24, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »

What the hell is going on?  There is a damn good reason all these tracks are leaking.  The album must be finished.  I mean, why are we all of the sudden getting all these leaks if Rose has been holding them so close to the vest all these years???   Axl has been spotted more times in the last two months than in the last 10 years its seems.  I think CD is done and Axl is trying to surprise us with a full-blown release in March or April. 

The whole fucking album is gonna leak and if you don't want to take a huge hit on sales, you better put the fucking disc out there!  Then, you have Slash saying twice, its coming in March.  I think many here are just gun-shy (pardon the pun), because they've delayed the album so much.  I think its coming very soon,  and we should hear from Axl shortly.  All of the sudden... all these fucking tour dates are being scheduled?!?  Dudes... CD is gonna be released this spring, its coming!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:39:39 PM by DontDamnMe » Logged
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 11:37:38 PM »

amen brother. let's hope your right...

Out_Ta_Get_Me
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 11:38:14 PM »

By the end of March you could probably burn a damn disk of leaked songs and label it "Chinese Democracy" no
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

I guess "soon" is the word

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Chief
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 11:38:46 PM »

I have often thought that the release might come as a surprise or something really fast after the announcement.....so you may be on to something here!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
badapple81
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »

Something soon, an announcement at least would hopefully kill off any more leaks.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »

maybe that's why no announcement for the tours n shit... they want to drop it all on us at once? nothing would surprise me at this point.... after the last two weeks.

DontDamnMe
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 11:42:51 PM »

Yeah... its no coincidence that: Axl has been out in public so much lately... all these songs are leaking... somebody is leaking the motherfuckers, somebody who has a copy of the disc... all these tour dates are being confirmed... Slash says its coming out...

BOTTOM LINE: too much going on to make me feel surprised that CD gets released in March or early April.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 11:43:34 PM »

What the hell is going on?? There is a damn good reason all these tracks are leaking.? The album must be finished.? I mean, why are we all of the sudden getting all these leaks if Rose has been holding them so close to the vest all these years?Huh ?Axl has been spotted more times in the last two months than in the last 10 years its seems.? I think CD is done and Axl is trying to surprise us with a full-blown release in March or April.?

The whole fucking album is gonna leak and if you don't want to take a huge hit on sales, you better put the fucking disc out there!? Then, you have Slash saying twice, its coming in March.? I think many here are just gun-shy (pardon the pun), because they've delayed the album so much.? I think its coming very soon,? and we should hear from Axl shortly.? All of the sudden... all these fucking tour dates are being scheduled?!?? Dudes... CD is gonna be released this spring, its coming!

Close to the vest? He's been playing the demos in strip clubs in Las Vegas, playing them in N.Y., sending people to his hotel room to get the CD's. That's not close to the vest. And why would an artist "leak" inferior versions of songs he's about to release on an official album? There's no "surprise" in that.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 11:46:31 PM »

if they just got a fucking release date, I could hold out on listening to leaks. Right now... I'm conflicted. Because part of me thinks it might never come out, so I might as well.
But how amazing would it have been (theoretically) if you hadn't listened to leaks, bought CD and listened to it the way it was meant to be, everything overcoming you all at once because you didn't know what to expect. fuck..

robots.
DontDamnMe
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 11:47:30 PM »

Close to the vest? He's been playing the demos in strip clubs in Las Vegas, playing them in N.Y., sending people to his hotel room to get the CD's. That's not close to the vest. And why would an artist "leak" inferior versions of songs he's about to release on an official album? There's no "surprise" in that.

We don't know for 100% certainty about the Vegas strip-club story, but if its true, its only one instance before 2006.  Axl previewed the Illusions many times before they were released, to various club-owners and the like.  Other than that, YES, Axl has kept the songs pretty fucking close to the vest.  If he had not, TRUST me, they would have been leaked a looooong time ago.  This is the internet age.  Somebody has a copy of THE disc, and its probably being mastered as we speak... they have an unmastered copy perhaps and they're leaking the fucker...
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »

Other than that, YES, Axl has kept the songs pretty fucking close to the vest.? If he had not, TRUST me, they would have been leaked a looooong time ago.

They were. Remember the initial I.R.S. leak?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 11:52:31 PM »

god damn i can't believe more is leaking. i've waited for this too long to listen to any more leaked songs. i love the surprise of hearing new songs for the first time on an album so if this is indeed real (these leaks), i am going to take a Stand, man!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:54:45 PM »

What the hell is going on?  There is a damn good reason all these tracks are leaking.  The album must be finished.  I mean, why are we all of the sudden getting all these leaks if Rose has been holding them so close to the vest all these years???   Axl has been spotted more times in the last two months than in the last 10 years its seems.  I think CD is done and Axl is trying to surprise us with a full-blown release in March or April. 

The whole fucking album is gonna leak and if you don't want to take a huge hit on sales, you better put the fucking disc out there!  Then, you have Slash saying twice, its coming in March.  I think many here are just gun-shy (pardon the pun), because they've delayed the album so much.  I think its coming very soon,  and we should hear from Axl shortly.  All of the sudden... all these fucking tour dates are being scheduled?!?  Dudes... CD is gonna be released this spring, its coming!

Leaks don't do a thing to sales. Some of the most leaked cds have been great sellers.

Don't buy the RIAA's crying about that. Most people who download songs, if they're good, will still buy the CD.
DontDamnMe
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 12:01:17 AM »

Leaks don't do a thing to sales. Some of the most leaked cds have been great sellers.

Don't buy the RIAA's crying about that. Most people who download songs, if they're good, will still buy the CD.

I totally agree, but the key is that Axl has to release the album... he can't let the songs float out there forever without releasing it.  There is a reason all these tracks are leaking... but I agree... if anything, leaks shortly before an official release can actually drive UP album sales.  Hell, MTV.com had the entire VR disc available to listen to the day it was released.  This is pretty much the same (the leaks), but the key is, Axl has to release the album, he can't let it sit with all the leaks out there.
godiva
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 05:43:33 AM »

Lots of people have said March is out of the question becaause CD needs proper promotion. well, I think those leaks provided all the promotion the album needed. That being said, I do think CD isn't all the way done. But that's just my guess. I still think June, when they are doing the festivals. Imagine Axl announcing the release of CD on stage in front of 200,000 people and lots of people watching them on telly from RIR  drool Oh wait, that's in May, isn't it? Saying: oh, CD? Yeah, just go to your local record store TOMORROW and buy it! I would love that  peace
jasran
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 05:48:34 AM »

Or he could say 'fuck these songs' and start from scratch
SADIS
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 06:04:28 AM »

That's what I thought for a second when the tracks started leaking and the rumor was going round that Slash was back in the band.....
makane
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 06:49:06 AM »

That's what I thought for a second when the tracks started leaking and the rumor was going round that Slash was back in the band.....
Even Axl doesn't have the guns to scratch songs like TWAT.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 06:57:52 AM »

worst case scenario, CHI DEM isn't released but with all the leaks we still have new music and live shows in a couple of months, so it's all good. beer

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: