Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's Voice
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's Voice  (Read 5516 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 01:08:59 PM »

better better

better ?better
Better ?better .
 better ?better ?better

Better

I think we've heard the word Better more times in the past 2 days than we've heard it in our entire lives. hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

That's not Robin or Tommy singing...

Ill wager anything it's Axl... Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »

The voice sounds great, no need to argue.

I'm worrying more about the guitars. They did not impress me at all yet...? Undecided

Finck's solo DID impress me by the way.,,,the man can play  ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 04:43:37 PM »

the monologuelike vocals in the intro, middle and the outro on better sounds very Axl to me.  Sweetness.
And saul is right I hear other voices, of robin tommy or Dizzy, backing like at about 1:13, "Now I know you better....."

That Axl's vocals sounds alot more powerful on Better than on IRS?

Nope , nobody.  peace

IRS voice is something else.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »

the monologuelike vocals in the intro, middle and the outro on better sounds very Axl to me.? Sweetness.
And saul is right I hear other voices, of robin tommy or Dizzy, backing like at about 1:13, "Now I know you better....."

That Axl's vocals sounds alot more powerful on Better than on IRS?

Nope , nobody.? peace

IRS voice is something else.

yep, it really shows the diversity we could expect from CD  ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »

I think everythings fine voice wise, from what i saw of the RIR performance it was awesome, he was a bit shaky in some 02 performances but i'm sure he'll be fine when he tours CD and the vocals on the CD will be awesome as well.

yeah the rio version of jungle was SICK..

the '02 shows ran hot and cold, i think overall most of the criticiscm was undeserved tho... i mean the songs require tough singing and he was running around alot and shit.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

His studio voice sounds the same, his live voice on the other hand....I don't really know how he's going to pull these live dates off, but we'll see.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 06:30:16 PM »

Yes, in an interview a while ago either Brain or Tommy said his vocals are really good, and he sounds different also than in the past, which means he may be using different "voices".

I think he sounds really cool all through "better" .. the intro is cool and the verses , but I still think tommy or robin does that "now I know you better , you know I know (better?) " part at the end , but if that is axl then he sounds VERY different there .. and good.
Didn't someone say Axls voice will sound very different on this album. Maybe that is what this person meant.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
megahurt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

Anyones voice is perfect in the studio, that's what Pro Tools is for. I use it every day.

What it sounds like live on stage is what matters.
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 01:30:42 AM »

I remember back when Guns N" roses were on tour for 2002, people were complaining about Axl's vocals on the old songs when they did them, and people said maybe his voice was designed for the new songs, after hearing this, u can see his vocals r the same as they were for those songs, but for the new songs, wow, the vocals really do go AMAZING with the new songs drool
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 01:41:23 AM »

Saul, I think the last part in Better is Robin or Tommy as well. Definitely not Axl.

Thank you. I could not believe that was Axl singing that part of the song. At first, I thought it was a female guest vocalist.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 01:49:59 AM »

I believe his voice will be just fine on these songs and new songs in general live.
It's some of the old stuff like My Michelle,You Could Be Mine,Think About You,and Paradise City where is voice sounds..Well not so good in my opinion.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 01:53:32 AM »

It sounds great on the tracks, but what else do you expect from a studio track?  Tongue
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 01:59:30 AM »

You could tell he could still sing on the 2002 tour because there were times when he sounded great and hit notes perfectly.  Other times he didn't sound so great.  But it was still there, it seemed like he held back a lot of the time to save his voice so he wouldn't blow it out on tour like happened in the UYI tours when he damaged his vocal cords.  Combine this with him having a singing style that requires a lot of energy and being over 40 and sprinting around while singing, you get the picture, it's not hard to see why there were times when he didn't sound great on that tour

In the studio he can sit still take his time, record the song in segments, all luxuries you don't have live.  So I wasn't really worried about him sounding good on the album.  I hope he's been in training so that his voice will be prepared to sing 2 hour long sets and so he won't run out of breath like he seemed to at times in the 2002 tour
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 02:02:09 AM »

Axl's live voice is poor because he is getting older and his vocals burn out fast. Just like Robert Plant, the boozing and rough lifestyle and SINGING (I mean, he used to rip his vocal chords) have caught up. I still don't think even his studio voice is quite what it was in the UYI era, but I think it's reverted back more to the Appetite days - more high-pitched, less rasp. I think it suits the new material.

I've noticed, however, (and quite sadly) that we'll never quite hear that same Don't Cry/Patience/Estranged voice from Axl - the quiet, no-rasp voice; he does it a bit on TWAT, but every time he starts to put a bit of power into it, it seems to go kinda high and it just doesn't sound the same.

You can hear that 2002 high pitch on TWAT - when he sings, "It was a lee-ONG time for me, a lye-ONG time for ye-OU!" It's kind of a weird, high-pitched helium squeal, and he tries to keep it under control but you can still kinda hear it and it reminds me of someone losing their voice.

That said, there are times - such as on IRS - he sounds brilliant and I think he's just trying to CHANGE his voice - be more like Freddie Mercury or something. (Because Mercury was high-pitched.)

In one way I think his "new" voice is great and at other times he just sounds burnt out like he can't sing anymore.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 02:04:48 AM by themovieaddict.com » Logged
Megaguns
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 06:30:04 AM »

axl has many voices. Better is pretty much the voice he used on dead horse (the main part anyway)  TWAT= voice from end of estranged, IRS is a newy, have not heard him do vocals like that.
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 06:43:50 AM »

It's ok sounding good in the studio. But it's delivering the song live which is the important thing. If Axl doessn't manage to sing them well live the press will just say he doctored his voice in the studio.

There's not anymore that I can do...
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 08:30:41 AM »

Axl voice has change... but it seems that he found a new way to vocalize, the new songs fits PERFECTLY for axl voice, he's going to give us a great album  peace

cibol
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »

His voice sounds better than ever, he made it so great because of 3 or 4 Axl ways of singing, I loved it...  peace
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 08:47:11 AM »

His voice sounds better than ever, he made it so great because of 3 or 4 Axl ways of singing, I loved it...? peace

allright... I just said his voice has a change... people likes his new voice, other people misses 1993 screams

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: