Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:34:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I'm going to give in and listen to one of the demos, which one should it be?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm going to give in and listen to one of the demos, which one should it be?  (Read 8094 times)
smeckyb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 01:49:06 AM »

better is my favorite so far........it rocks......

.....happy listening!! Smiley
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 01:57:52 AM »

If any Gn'R song is like NIN it'd be Oh My God.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 01:58:26 AM »

Just listen to all of them.  Come on, you know you want to.  ok
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 01:59:56 AM »

There was a time is the best of the three demos by far. Emotional, epic, another ''Axl Baby''. This is the big fish.

If you want to hear a magistral class of music, with outstanding guitar solos and killer vocals, again...TWAT

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 03:33:53 AM »

I think TWAT has some potential, but the demo is nowhere near as good as IRS or Better. My favourite GNR tune of all time is Estranged and I think anyone who compares TWAT to Estranged is smoking way too much crack. Estranged has much cooler guitar riffs, way better solos, and better vocals.
avesia
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 03:35:12 AM »

TWAT!!! You'll love it!  ok
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 04:19:56 AM »

You should do what the rest of us did:

listen to the 1:20 'Better' for two days
then listen to the 2:06 version for a week (your reaction will be whoa)
then listen to the full 'Better' version and you will say Holy Fuck....wtf....Axl is a madman...woohoo

rock on dude ok

haha, either this or 6:43 TWAT, you'll be surprised. IRS is fine but TWAT and Better are... better Grin

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 07:49:16 AM »

TWAT, it's most like the old gnr we know, so listen to that Smiley with ver slash like solo's
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 08:23:24 AM »

TWAT.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:08 AM »

I guess I'm in the minority....

I like IRS the best of the three demos.  I think the other two songs have much more potential than IRS, but the problem is that they are so unfinished.  I think IRS is closer to a finished product than Better or TWAT and for that reason I would recommend that over the other two.  TWAT is so horribly mixed and under-produced (on this particular demo) that the only thing one can gain from listening to it is the vast potential the song has.  Better is "experimental" in some ways.  It is a very non-traditional GNR song with not very well thought out guitar work, especially the solos.  This song misses Slash like no ones business.  Buckethead seems to think that putting as many note in one second is a good idea.  The electonica elements toward the 2/3 point do not fit the song and make me hope to god that they are removed on the album.  I don't think Buckethead has the capacity to come up with timeless guitar solos (ala Slash), at least from what we have heard on 3 demos.  That being said, I think Better has the absolute most potential of the 3 demos hands down.

I am not bashing the new songs here, just stating opinion of some very raw demo work.  i have all the confidence in the world that the finished product of Better and TWAT will be incredible.

CC
smith13
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 10:46:40 AM »

I guess I'm in the minority....

I like IRS the best of the three demos.? I think the other two songs have much more potential than IRS, but the problem is that they are so unfinished.? I think IRS is closer to a finished product than Better or TWAT and for that reason I would recommend that over the other two.? TWAT is so horribly mixed and under-produced (on this particular demo) that the only thing one can gain from listening to it is the vast potential the song has.? Better is "experimental" in some ways.? It is a very non-traditional GNR song with not very well thought out guitar work, especially the solos.? This song misses Slash like no ones business.? Buckethead seems to think that putting as many note in one second is a good idea.? The electonica elements toward the 2/3 point do not fit the song and make me hope to god that they are removed on the album.? I don't think Buckethead has the capacity to come up with timeless guitar solos (ala Slash), at least from what we have heard on 3 demos.? That being said, I think Better has the absolute most potential of the 3 demos hands down.

I am not bashing the new songs here, just stating opinion of some very raw demo work.? i have all the confidence in the world that the finished product of Better and TWAT will be incredible.

CCi think you are right on
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 10:50:24 AM »

Whatever you do, don't ruin Better. Listen to IRS if you must.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »

I've managed to hold off on listening to any of the leaked songs so far because I don't want to ruin the experience of listening to them when CD comes out, but I told myself last weekend that I would wait till the end of this week to see if we got a press release about a release date and if nothing came I would listen to one of the songs.

So since tomorrow is Friday and it doesn't look like we will be getting a press release, what song should I listen to tomorrow night? If you had to choose one, which one would it be?

Better (Full Version) or T.W.A.T. - you can't go wrong with either one of those.
I'd stay away from I.R.S. though as IMO it's not that good in it's current form.
Plus Better & T.W.A.T. both have great lyrics, I.R.S... not so much...

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 11:00:25 AM »

Better!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »

If you want to see a preview of everything the new gnr can do in one track----- choose better.

If you want the new gnr sound with a touch of the old gnr sound.... check out T.W.A.T
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »

Dave idk care if Axl himself said IRS is like NIN...its not...its a rock song...a song I could have seen old gnr doing

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »

TWAT

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 12:44:34 PM »

If you do go with better against all advice. Definitely work your way up to the full version slowly.
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 12:49:16 PM »

twat
godiva
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »

SO........... which one did you choose?HuhHuh
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: