Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No Buckethead on the next tour. Richard/Robin duet onstage
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Buckethead on the next tour. Richard/Robin duet onstage  (Read 4474 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 06:59:31 PM »

Pretty sure Buckethead could cancel those dates at a night club in Lawrence, Kansas to play in huge festivals in Europe? hihi

Wakarusa had over 200,000 people there last year.? Get with it!? It's like Bonaroo.? BTW, Lawrence is probably the most thriving/hip music scene in the U.S. besides San Fran, NY, LA, or Madison.? Ever heard of "The Outhouse" in Lawrence, or Liberty Hall.? Lawrence is probably, in the middle of a red zone, barring KC, the most liberated city in the U.S. besides San Francisco.? Wm S. Burroughs lived and died there, Hunter S. Thompson spent a few months of every year there, down in the "Roach Clip District," and the college radio station there is the most hip station in the country.

Nothing personal, just setting the record straight.? Bucket is playing at an ultra-hip festival, with Les Claypool!

or the bottle neck?! great little place! if it's still there...

if bucket is gone it's sad, but hey, the live versons shouldnt be like the recorded versons... Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no way that "TWAT" and "Better" can sound as good as they do without Buckethead.

No way Finck or Fortus could pull it off.

Having said that, we still don't know if Buckethead's parts will be on CD, so Buckethead's solo's on the songs in question may have been replaced by Finck or Fortus (...or Slash?)
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 07:01:56 PM »

why to people think tour dates mean anything? He could always cancel them. duh
Yes, if being a GNR fan has proven anything it is that tour dates can be cancelled. Sometimes without notice (see Vancouver, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Montreal etc.).lol ?smoking

Raven
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »

why to people think tour dates mean anything? He could always cancel them. duh

Same for Guns. ?I have everything crossed that they don't - this really is last chance saloon!
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »

I don't understand why some people think these guitar parts are irreplaceable.  These solos are average  nothing impressive at all.   If Axl cannot find someone out there that can come up with better guitar than this  it means that either  1. all guitarists out there suck  or 2. every musician  besides tommy  fortus  etc  hates Axl guts  and is not willing to join the band.    Stop acting like Buckethead is God .  He is nothing more than a freak that can play fast.  Gnr needs a kick as guitarists with some soul  that will ignite a live audience .
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »

What a sad day it is when too average guitar players will carry the gnr load... Mr. Rose is in trouble. nervous

Average HOW? i dont think you could play as well and i know there well above average
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 07:14:34 PM »

I don't understand why some people think these guitar parts are irreplaceable.  These solos are average  nothing impressive at all.   If Axl cannot find someone out there that can come up with better guitar than this  it means that either  1. all guitarists out there suck  or 2. every musician  besides tommy  fortus  etc  hates Axl guts  and is not willing to join the band.    Stop acting like Buckethead is God .  He is nothing more than a freak that can play fast.  Gnr needs a kick as guitarists with some soul  that will ignite a live audience .

no

Another person who has no knowledge of Buckethead's abilities or catalogue
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 07:16:13 PM »

Wow. After listening to the full Better... theres no way Richard or Robin could play it live. It will be very sad if they replace his parts

gnrevolution.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »

Fortus is fucking amateur hour compared to Bucket. He doesn't even have the right to touch a thing Bucket has done. GNR always stood for the highest caliber musicians and grade A guitar work. Slash was Grade A. So is Buckethead...Fuck Richard. Sorry...but the dude is a corn in Bucketheads shit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 07:23:04 PM »

What is wrong with people, buckethead ruins better!! There should be bluesy les pauls screaming along with Axl not some stupid finger tapping 80's shredding wankfest! Although Robins no way near Slash's level, he's not as bad as he's made out. Just get bucket off the final versions and his dated playing. It's not Van Halen for fucks sake. Although if he did do the outro to TWAT why can't he play that soulfully all the time. Those solo's are on a par with anything slash has done.

Axl, give Zakk a call, he would be absolutley perfect....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 07:24:48 PM »

Fortus is fucking amateur hour compared to Bucket. He doesn't even have the right to touch a thing Bucket has done. GNR always stood for the highest caliber musicians and grade A guitar work. Slash was Grade A. So is Buckethead...Fuck Richard. Sorry...but the dude is a corn in Bucketheads shit.

Listen, I want Bucket back as well, but calling the others amateur? ?Thats not right. ?It's defferent styles, nothing more, nothing less.

ARC
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »

What is wrong with people, buckethead ruins better!! There should be bluesy les pauls screaming along with Axl not some stupid finger tapping 80's shredding wankfest! Although Robins no way near Slash's level, he's not as bad as he's made out. Just get bucket off the final versions and his dated playing. It's not Van Halen for fucks sake. Although if he did do the outro to TWAT why can't he play that soulfully all the time. Those solo's are on a par with anything slash has done.

Hello... 1988 called, they want you back.

Joke. Peace.  beer
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

I can't listen to "Better" entierly because of Buckethead's guitar playing. Believe me, I would like to love that song, but I just can't, at least, not the parts where Buckethead shredd like speedy Gonzales. Those part sound BAD.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:32:01 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 07:31:53 PM »

Hello... 1988 called, they want you back.

Joke. Peace.? beer

Ha ha Damn right, power up the flux capacitors and lets take the baby up to 55mph.... ?Grin

I love the demo's but this shredding nonsense is just not on. Stick to a nice blues scale & play it with passion. Why has no-one mentioned Gilby ? He and Axl made up in 2000 or so. He's a pretty competent lead player. The poor guy ended up playing with heart for f sake, I'm sure he wouldnt say no!
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 07:32:09 PM »

I remember Buckethead doing a solo at Madison Square garden ?to the theme of " willie wonka" or "wizard of oz" ?i don't remember exactly ?which it was ? but all i can say is that was some fruity fag shit. ?I remember the crowd started getting pissed ?because ?buckethead ?was playing that for the longest time. ?Another thing also ? i don't want the lead guitarists of my favorite badass band ?to be handing out toys ?either. ? This is a rock show ?not a make a wish foundation ?charity event. ? I am glad he is gone ?and i think ?Axl realizes that now ?and might have come to his senses . ?He's be a fool to ask him to come back.
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:26 PM »

I can't listen to "Better" entierly because of Buckethead's guitar playing. Believe me, I would like to love that song, but I just can't, at least, not the parts where Buckethead shredd like speedy Gonzales. Those part sound BAD.

Amen to that brother, tell it like it is....

Leave the shredding to obscure swedish metal guitarists with fringes, not the worlds greatest rock band...
ARC
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »

Why has no-one mentioned Gilby ?

Why has no one mentioned Izzy...?

Weren't Axl & Izzy spposedly talking to eachother recently...
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:48 PM »

Why has no-one mentioned Gilby ?

Why has no one mentioned Izzy...?

Weren't Axl & Izzy spposedly talking to eachother recently...

Izzy wouldn't be up for the commitment, he didn't want the velvet revolver gig and that was on a much smaller scale than a potential gnr return!

I say bring back Gilby! If memory serves he was frustrated because Slash wouldn't actually let him take any leads. He's got the right playing style and would give a more bluesy feel to the band, plus it would be more of a guns n roses if he was in it!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »

What Thorazine Shuffle said. Music is harmony. You can't see the wood for a tree.

Also, You're not obliged to love the song.
the band is not in posession of you and more importantly, the band is not in the possesion of you.
If you want you can always hear your fav bluesy les paul screamings from VR. hihi
I don't.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 07:50:06 PM »

Gilby is a great guy. I e-mailed him a couple of month ago and he e-mailed me back. GREAT GUY. I miss him a lot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:53:05 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: