Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 79389 times)
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2005, 06:11:37 PM »

Axl sounds like a woman Angry

unfortunally thats true Undecided
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2005, 06:14:14 PM »

and to whoever said bh's solo doesn't sound that original, i swear most of his solos that aren't plain bizzare sound similar to me.?

that would be me. I especially didn't like the way it stops and then starts low again and goes really high...it seems I've heard that so many times before. I don't mind shredding when its done well - I recently heard a Zakk Wylde solo on a song called 'Bleed for Me' which I thought was awesome.

Here today...ready to rock
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2005, 06:21:29 PM »

I haven't actually heard the track, but it's nice to see that BH's stuff is still there. Grin
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2005, 06:24:38 PM »

I think the track is from 2003, could be a reason why Bucket's stuff still remains.  The track ROCKS hard....I love the 20+ second scream at the end with Bucket shredding in the background.  I think this album will surpass AFD when it comes out.  IRS is simply amazing.  Maybe this will spark Axl to release this damn thing once and for all.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2005, 06:28:05 PM »

What gets me is that I didnt hear one conventional chord.  Musically its all over the place.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2005, 06:31:24 PM »

my thoughts on IRS?
it shows alot of promise as a demo, but it's nothing to get too excited about
if anything, it shows there are songs there, and that Axl hasnt gone completely industrial as far as harder rocking tunes are concerned
BH solo is tasty IMO but that first solo (Fink?) is messy and sounds directionless
Axls voice sounds pretty good, so all in all, a solid sounding song  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2005, 06:36:53 PM »

I think the track is from 2003, could be a reason why Bucket's stuff still remains.  The track ROCKS hard....I love the 20+ second scream at the end with Bucket shredding in the background.  I think this album will surpass AFD when it comes out.  IRS is simply amazing.  Maybe this will spark Axl to release this damn thing once and for all.
Trunk said that the cd-r with the IRS was on Piazza's fan mail. He said it could be there even before the MSG '02 gig, when they meet Axl. So, this version could be from the 2002 sessions or even older.

About the song: I really love it. Can't stop listening to it. And, despite some users view, I LOVE the Buckethead solo.  beer

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2005, 06:46:26 PM »

ya think axl knows about the leak by now.im pretty sure of it,i wonder what he is thinking.he would prolly like some of the feedback and not some of it either.id like to be a fly on his computer right now lol.

the one an only horsey !
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2005, 06:54:10 PM »

i came across a few articles on the following sites.
http://www.melodicrock.com/
http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=77720
http://www.xfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=77644

listened to the song a few times myself seems good why does this leak seem intentional to me though.
the sound quality is to bad to be from a radio recording its the digital age after all.my dads old rolling stones records sound much better,and there 40 years old.lol.

i would say it sounds like someone taped it off the radio using shitty equipment that's all. they may have used a cell phone to record it or something else that has bad sound. i would say that this is almost definitely from the radio (maybe the reason the intro isn't on it) and it was almost definitely not an intentional leak.
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2005, 06:58:14 PM »

I think the song is amazing! The quality is bad, but you can still hear the potential of the song. If the rest of the record is as good then Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums of all time.

im not trying to be a dick... but do you actually believe that?

I admit, thinks look good IF CD ever does come out, I know it's going to rule, but one of the greatest albums of all time? Not too sure about that.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2005, 07:11:22 PM »

Still find it utterly bizarre how the whole IRS story didn't get published on Blabbermouth.

Here today...ready to rock
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2005, 07:17:43 PM »

I enjoy this song the more I hear it. With a bit of tightening, a better, less noodled bucket solo and this could be a third or fourth single.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2005, 07:50:51 PM »

I like it.  Axl's vocals are fantastic, no one can spit out a line like he can.  The BH solo didn't bother me, I think the song has a good groove to it.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2005, 07:59:16 PM »

Still find it utterly bizarre how the whole IRS story didn't get published on Blabbermouth.

Yeah i find this a little strange aswell, Blabbermouth are usually pretty up to date with any developments in the Guns N Roses world. XFM were the first big media outlet to pick it up, strange considering its only a small radio station that broadcasts over London (digital and web excluded). All the other media sites seem to just have recycled this report for themselves.

It certainly sounds like a promising song, i especially like the last minute where Axl screams over Buckets solo, very nice indeed! Still the quality makes it hard to judge. Cant wait for the final version, it cant be that far off.

Jonx
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2005, 08:04:29 PM »

i would say it sounds like someone taped it off the radio using shitty equipment that's all. they may have used a cell phone to record it or something else that has bad sound. i would say that this is almost definitely from the radio (maybe the reason the intro isn't on it) and it was almost definitely not an intentional leak.
To me it's obvious that the guy used the pc mic to record the song. He just put the mic near the stereo speakers and started to record with the windows voice recorder. That's why the quality sucks. He could put a cable linking the stereo (with the tape) to the pc. It's quite simple...

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »

love it...its different but good. This song is hard to get bored of. Great beat, two totally different guitar solos, excellant chorus, Axl singing with alot of feeling and conviction (no surprise there  hihi). I like the solos, one touchy feely emotional one, then bucket shredding. Axl sounds pretty good, i like the scream. This song gets me even more excited about Chinese Democracy.......and its just a demo!!.It also further proves the fact that we will certainly NOT be dissapointed with this album.. Axl your killin' me(and us)!!!! just release it!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 08:21:14 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2005, 08:57:15 PM »

The more and more i listen to this song i just love it..I still think it could be intentional so the fans arent suprised by what the music sounds like...and wow that scream..Holy shit its cool...And ya im glad they got ride of Buckethead..Hes a good guitar player but he has no feeling in it..The song is sweet

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sentimental Rose
Opening Act

I lead a reckless life & I don't need your advice

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:04 PM »

I like it! I'm gonna try not to judge the song that much cause its a Fuzzy Demo, but what I can make out I like. ?I like it but I'm not gonna go crazy and say OH MY GOD its the best fucking song ever! ?It may be, but I'll have to wait for the album version to make that judgment. ?What this song has done is to stir up interest in CD. I personally had lost interest in the album, but this song has Peaked my interest in a way it hasn't been since the 2002 tour. ?I've had friends listen to the song and they're like cool I'll have to pick that up when it comes out. So I think this leak has done Axl some good, I hope he?ll hurry up and get the damn thing out while interest is Peaked!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 09:04:54 PM by Sentimental Rose » Logged

"I've got one foot out the door tryin' to hit the road ain't no match for your mean old man I think its time to roll"
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:59 PM »

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jarmo's message board "goes down" or so he says during the time that  the IRS clip is released.....hmmmm, seems pretty convenient if you ask me.  so jarmo, whats the deal?  Are you the reason that CD hasn?t been released?  maybe you've got axl rose tied up over seas?  Maybe you are axl?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2005, 09:04:26 PM »

I thought the track was fantastic and I hope this whole ordeal promps them to do something proactive.

T.T.
?.?.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: