Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:33:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 79965 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2005, 10:07:25 PM »

The "Bloody Roses Masters" isn't anything more than the original 128 kbs track upsampled with increased volume. It sounds awful, really.

And the echo at the end made me? hihi.

I did my own remaster of the 128 kbs track that's superior to anything else available - not sure if I can post it here, though.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2005, 11:25:46 PM »

The "Bloody Roses Masters" isn't anything more than the original 128 kbs track upsampled with increased volume. It sounds awful, really.

I did my own remaster of the 128 kbs track that's superior to anything else available - not sure if I can post it here, though.

He did not uptempo anything and he didnt increase the volume. All he did was take the track, take out some hissing and put the music in both speakers since the leaked version only played from one speaker.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2005, 11:36:21 PM »

He did not uptempo anything and he didnt increase the volume. All he did was take the track, take out some hissing and put the music in both speakers since the leaked version only played from one speaker.

Not uptempo, upsample - it's when you save something in a higher bitrate.

The original MP3 had a bitrate of 128 kbs and the Bloody Roses Master was 256 kbs for no apparent reason. The only time you should save a file you worked on in a higher bitrate is to preserve quality after messing with the EQ.

The Bloody Roses Master is laughably bad because all the guy did was run it through some filters (that he didn't use properly) and increase the volume.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2005, 12:21:08 AM »

Not uptempo, upsample - it's when you save something in a higher bitrate.

The original MP3 had a bitrate of 128 kbs and the Bloody Roses Master was 256 kbs for no apparent reason. The only time you should save a file you worked on in a higher bitrate is to preserve quality after messing with the EQ.

The Bloody Roses Master is laughably bad because all the guy did was run it through some filters (that he didn't use properly) and increase the volume.

so u can PM me ur version then please

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2005, 04:12:01 AM »

Yes it's the bloody roses version. Well, it sounds better than the one I have. You might know the version or maybe you have a better one. Everybody seems to have a different version of the song (I mean with a different sound). However there is a little too much echo. That's why I said "nothing revolutionary", it's the same exact version, it's just it's a cleaner one compared to the one I had before. But maybe you have even a cleaner one I don't know.
The version is on free download on the internet however. That what surprises me.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2006, 02:06:05 AM »

Well it's good to hear Gn'R. We know there actually are songs. I wouldn't mind hearing a demo or studio version of Madagascar... etc...

This is probably the version we'll hear on CD.

PEace and Love to all... I like it. I think it's equivleant to "It's So Easy" or "My Michelle" it isn't no "Paradise City" or "November Rain" or "YCBM" but it's something like "My Michelle" as far as how good it is.

I do like it, and it is a good song.

I give it a 7.5/10 and I'm a strict rater!!!!!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »

I think it's equivleant to "It's So Easy"

Sorry, doesn't even come close to that classic.

Fuck 'Em All.
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2006, 02:39:42 AM »

I think all the new stuff I've heard blows the old stuff away by miles...IRS and even the short clip of "Better" blows nearly half of Use Your Illusion II away...and that's cause most of that album was filler besides "Civil War, Yesterdays, YCBM, KOHD, and Estranged.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2006, 02:43:00 AM »

wow, it's pretty hard to say. ?I mean it's really good, but it's hard to say how good it is..

It's like, to fully know how good it is I'm going to have to hear the album fully because it's hard to take this song and compaire it to the old band. ?It's a new direction and it's competley different.

You can't judge a band on one song.

I know we've heard CD, Maddy, Blues, R&B, SW, and OMG already but none of those were studio...

I'm really liking this song a lot, and it's got my hopes high for C.D., after hearing this I'm positive that I'll love this album, I'm just not sure how much.

My hopes for Gn'R are so much higher than they've been at any point since 2002. ?Wow.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2006, 02:43:48 AM »

I wouldn't say that... IRS is a strong track... somethign that I could see being a single possibly... I don't know that yet. I've listened to it about 9 times straight through. I like it.

It isn't better then some of the older Gn'R songs, but similair to It's So Easy, My Michelle, So Fine, Coma,

The closest song it could be up with is maybe something like "DOn't Cry" or Live and Let Die.

It's good though. I like it!!! Rock on!! I want to hear the "Catcher in the RYe" song

But don't damn me
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2006, 02:46:36 AM »

Its great to actually be able to hear IRS. I didnt listen to the old one very much because it sounded so horrible. I cant wait to share this with friends. I gave the old IRS to this one guy a few months ago, and I told him its kinda rare and hard to find. He called me back about 20 minutes later and said, "Its rare because it sucks". I highly doubt he will have the same opinion now. That old shitty clip should have never been leaked. Thank God none of you guys sent that clip to radio stations. hihi

Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2006, 02:49:59 AM »

Surprisingly, this seems to be going over pretty well over at "The Velvet Rope"...they have a history of trashing GNR at mention.  But virtualy no negative comments towards this song.  We'll see what they say about "Better"....it's an interesting time in GNR land.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Megaguns
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2006, 03:02:53 AM »

I love it, That second solo rules very majorly ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2006, 03:04:07 AM »

I love the intro! Grin

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2006, 03:28:51 AM »

I love the intro! Grin

How can ya not?!?
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2006, 03:29:01 AM »

This song rocks

I was worried that it would be either two things

1) trying to sound like old GNR

or

2) Techno

Its neither.  Im not going to comapre it to the old GNR cuz its two different bands.....but this song is kick  ass!!!

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2006, 03:34:11 AM »

.? Im not going to comapre it to the old GNR
I agree. I think any and all comparisons to 'old' GNR need to be thrown out the window. Its like trying to compare De Niro to Pacino. Just no fucking point in doing it.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2006, 03:34:22 AM »

You can compare it. It's the same name, just 4 different people which makes it different, but ti's the same name, and vision... just 11 years from the last active thing from the old band (I'm talking about SFTD in 1995)

ANyways, you can compare them, and I like this band thus far better. I hope they push this album, I'll be there... at midnight, I"ll probably end up buying 2 or 3 copies.

Peace!

But don't damn me
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2006, 03:38:53 AM »

i still havent heard it

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2006, 03:48:50 AM »

I think all the new stuff I've heard blows the old stuff away by miles...IRS and even the short clip of "Better" blows nearly half of Use Your Illusion II away...and that's cause most of that album was filler besides "Civil War, Yesterdays, YCBM, KOHD, and Estranged.

Oh gawd.........not at all, no way dude.

I must disagree.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: