Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:31:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 80059 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2005, 12:44:35 PM »

Again...the whole persona thing is beyond lame and childish....ooooh im a comic character rock star, take me seriously. I will only record from a chicken coup.

Gimme a break , why respect someome who is either .
a.   a pretentious TWAT

or

B..  mentally disturbed

the guy isnt in the band anymore who cares.

I dont even wanna see his face......why would I???....why would anyone?Huh

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »

What has that got to do with the topic? Talk about the IRS leak or shut up.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2005, 02:17:24 PM »

What has that got to do with the topic? Talk about the IRS leak or shut up.

I apologise oh great one for not sticking 100% to topic and getting distracted by the previuos threads.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2005, 02:39:39 PM »

sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone brought up the reasoning behind the title, "I.R.S."?

Axl mentions all these government intelligence agencies, but does he choose to name the entire song I.R.S.?

I wonder if the liner notes will show I.R.S. standing for an acronym for something else (along similar lines as to the Locomotive spelling and "The Perils of Rock & Roll Decadence" subtitle). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Again, sorry if it's already been discussed.? Cool

I NEVER bump myself like this, but I feel like the topic began straying from the path the last page or so of posts...just didn't want my original post to be mashed in with all that 'privacy' and 'respect' tangeant.

Thanks  peace

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2005, 10:43:44 PM »

I think this song can be very awesome if it ever gets properly released........

.......which won't happen because Axl will probably lose his mind after finding out about the leak and burning all his life's work.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2005, 08:06:23 AM »

I think this song can be very awesome if it ever gets properly released........

.......which won't happen because Axl will probably lose his mind after finding out about the leak and burning all his life's work.
[/color]

Captain Obvious, please don't give Axl ideas like this!!!   Cry

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Beholder
Opening Act

Turn around bitch I got a use for you

« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2005, 12:59:44 PM »

My Points on IRS:

1- Amazing riffs
2- Amazing solos
3- Amazing voice
4- Amazing lyrics
5- Amazing drums
6- Amazing bass

If it comes to be a single, i would put in the same level of YCBM...and talking about YCBM , i think IRS perfectly fits in a action movie like YCBM did... Imagine a car chasing scene with IRS...

Just my points...

Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2005, 01:06:54 PM »

My Points on IRS:

1- Amazing riffs
2- Amazing solos
3- Amazing voice
4- Amazing lyrics
5- Amazing drums
6- Amazing bass

If it comes to be a single, i would put in the same level of YCBM...and talking about YCBM , i think IRS perfectly fits in a action movie like YCBM did... Imagine a car chasing scene with IRS...

honestly its impossible to say amazing about half of those considering u can barely hear the guitars and the drums are inaudible and sound like a drum machine for the most part.

I love IRS i think it'll be great...but relax on the amazing drums etc

Just my points...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2005, 01:20:16 PM »

My Points on IRS:

1- Amazing riffs
2- Amazing solos
3- Amazing voice
4- Amazing lyrics
5- Amazing drums
6- Amazing bass

Just my points...

I wouldn't put this in the same level of YCBM. To me, this demo is better than YCBM.
And I don't want it with some car chasing scene.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2005, 01:25:36 PM »

I personally am very interested in hearing non GNR fans opinion...I feel that that is much more relevant as fans have a vested interest.

Has anyone played it to friends???...and the views expressed by non GNR fans??   what the verdict??

Lilljon
Headliner

Jun 26

« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2005, 01:29:11 PM »

When i listen to this, my hope is slowly fading back. This is good, the new Guns N' Roses is good. Please release the album with Bucketheads part still on and please play in Sweden!

Gibson 4-ever.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2005, 01:33:47 PM »

Sad to say I for one am a bit over GNR's style...I am putting  a  band togerher and working on music more interesting to myself....BUT I am a huge fan Of Axls lyrics and voice...and I for one feel that after listening to IRS that the idea of CD pumping VERY loud in my car stereo on a long trip...is a VERY appealing idea.....hey AXL...if you have the songs....release it.

madagas
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2005, 01:36:01 PM »

Disco, when Eddie Trunk played it on his show, he said he received thousands of calls requesting it. It got a good reaction. That is as good of an opinion as you are going to get. He also said the fourth track that was on the disc he had was better than IRS. Who knows...
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2005, 01:44:33 PM »

Disco, when Eddie Trunk played it on his show, he said he received thousands of calls requesting it. It got a good reaction. That is as good of an opinion as you are going to get. He also said the fourth track that was on the disc he had was better than IRS. Who knows...

thats cool...but in the end it;s ' he said , she said' stuff

Im a guns fan....and I would love to hear non Guns fans opinions....this board is perfect to share non fans opinions.

I have a 15 yr old sis...mainly into top R n B......stuff ud expect...she thinks it is great...a friend and former GNR fan...a  musician...thinks Axls voice is awesome, and that the melody ' has something special'...but says the music is 'crap'....no hook or style, with the chords being boring and solos derivativ en predictable....but for a demo....cool

P. S

Asked my sis if the thought kids her age would like it....she looked suprised and said .? ? fuck yeh...its pretty cool
Ill start....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 01:47:38 PM by discobiscuit1 » Logged

Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2005, 02:01:36 PM »

I personally am very interested in hearing non GNR fans opinion...I feel that that is much more relevant as fans have a vested interest.

Has anyone played it to friends???...and the views expressed by non GNR fans??? ?what the verdict??

i played it to my friend he said it was ok, but really like madagascar so i'l let him off.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2005, 02:33:35 PM »

Most of my friends didnt liek the new songs we have heard that much.
When I played IRS they were pleasantly surprised. They liked it and 1 even asked me to burn him a copy.

I guess its because IRS is probably the most "radio friendly" song of all the songs we have heard so far. Its got a catchy chorus, great vocals, and cool tempo and vibe...

That was the only thing that really worried me regarding the new material. The stuff we have heard is great imo, but not radio friendly. IRS convinces me that they also got those types of songs as well.

I really wish Axl would just release the album. Especially now. SPring/Summer is the best time to fukin release stuff. The weather and everything...gnr blasting on my radio with the windows down...cmon Axl now is the fukin time...tour when u want to but release the album.....IRS has rejuvenated me in a big way. Now blow me away with the monsters.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2005, 02:37:34 PM »

Most of my friends didnt liek the new songs we have heard that much.
When I played IRS they were pleasantly surprised. They liked it and 1 even asked me to burn him a copy.

I guess its because IRS is probably the most "radio friendly" song of all the songs we have heard so far. I

more likely that IRS and the blues are damned good songs...the rest are average  (mad being too indulgent)...or crap....these 2 songs are undeniably good songs

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2005, 03:28:47 PM »

Around the 2 minute and 48 second mark, my jaw dropped, eyes widened and I almost had a musical erection. Did anybody  catch that note? If that's his real live voice, there ashould be no more threads about Axl losing his voice.
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2005, 03:46:13 PM »

I just listened to it for the first time.  I think it is pretty good.  Axl sounded good.  I did not like the guitar solo very much though.

It don't really matter...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #279 on: April 20, 2005, 04:24:14 PM »

I have forced myself to listen to this a few times.. not very good.? The lyrics are just.. cornball.

And whoever compared this to YCBM... tell me you are joking.? There are some promising parts but to compare it to YCBM???

His voice was high pitched and VERY feminine.? The solo was awful.. the scream was ok but not memorable. (yes I know, the quality is horrible.. its just a demo)? But If I heard welcome to the jungle with bad quality, it will still kick ass.

Every time I hear there is a new song (madagascar/chinese dem/Silk Worms/IRS/Rhiad) I am disapointed.? I mean is axl's goal to throw out songs that are not very good.. is that suppose to make us happy?? Not ONE of the songs that was released was a great song.. not one. I wouldnt waste a burnable cd on one of the songs to tell the truth. (I know I know, it must be a part of some master plan) Oh my god was halfway decent, along with The Blues.? But who wants to wait 10 years for a halfway decent song.?

I love GNR.. UYI 1 is in my car sterio as we speak, and I am wearing a gnr shirt, but with every song that is released (or leaked) I get more and more discouraged.? Not once has there been a true glimmer of hope for the new album.? ?I hope I am wrong and the cd will rock.. I honestly do.?

The only reason I would ever listen to this song more than once, is that I am a GNR fan.?

I agree with alot of what you have to say.?

I reserved judgment on the track to really give it a few listens and to keep in mind that it is only a demo.? But, with that being said the song still isn't very impressive to me.? Especially when considering all the time that's been devoted to the project.? Millions of dollars and 8 to 10 years of dissecting and revamping this material seems ridiculous.? "Chinese Democracy" should've been released back in '99 when the album title was finally revealed and Axl was calling into MTV and discussing it.? Six years later most casual fans (and alot of die-hards) are expecting a monstrous, ground-breaking juggernaut that will set astronomical standards for all genres of music.? Of course I think we all know that ain't happening.? But even still, we do expect a GREAT album that's totally been worth waiting for.? And although I've remained very positive about it over the years (and still am) I can't say this song helps that philosophical optimism.

PS:? A very special thanx again to the person who sent me the track - you know who you are.? ok

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: