Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:41:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 79918 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2005, 11:11:36 AM »

After listening to it I think it has some great potential, all that is needed now is to make the vocals louder then the guitars so you can hear his voice the loudest.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SADIS
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2005, 06:02:42 PM »

Damn, I can't stop listening to IRS...... I love this song....it's high quality songwriting. It definitly should be the first single..... and I am one of the people who always said the old band was the original GNR. Well, if this is what Axl's vision is and this is only a demo....then Chinese Democracy will be the biggest bomb to be dropped since AFD.
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2005, 06:48:06 PM »

Damn, I can't stop listening to IRS...... I love this song....it's high quality songwriting. It definitly should be the first single..... and I am one of the people who always said the old band was the original GNR. Well, if this is what Axl's vision is and this is only a demo....then Chinese Democracy will be the biggest bomb to be dropped since AFD.

I love this song too! It's one of them songs you can never get tired listening too....it's definitely a single material, if it's released as a single!

I heard this is not on top 10 songs Axl has on his best list   Shocked 

Cant wait for the BIG GUNS Axl has for us!
estranged.1098
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2005, 07:33:48 PM »

I love this song. I think it could be in the top ten in any album Guns N' Roses released so far (by my ratings anyway), that makes me even more excited to hear the new album.

The tempo changes is an amazing thing in the song, it's what makes it special. In between the angry ripping blocks of music there are the slow, very emotional parts. Axl singing with a lot of emotion in his voice blows me way; the music (guitars, and drum machine?) behind does justice to that.

The two guitar solos also relate to the song this way; the first one is more emotional and melodic (reminds me of Estranged in the beginning). It's beautiful. Axl sings an "Oh Oh..", fitting the solo with the more emotional parts of the song. The second is introduced by his amazing scream, fitting with the ripping parts of the song.

Like I said, it's amazing. It's like two songs in one, and that makes ONE helluva song! If this one doesn't make the final track list I'm going to be very disapointed and happy at the same time, if you know what I mean.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2005, 07:56:56 PM »

I absolutly know exactly what you mean:D ok

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2005, 07:59:36 PM »

has any1 else picked up on the background vocals on this track? It sounds like its coming from a group of women or maybe kids...

I think they are repeating the chorus{president,pE,irs,fbi...etc}...

listen carefully at the 156 -215 mark...they are definately saying something...hard to hear though...but theres something in the background you have to listen real carefully

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2005, 09:56:43 PM »

I love this song. I think it could be in the top ten in any album Guns N' Roses released so far (by my ratings anyway), that makes me even more excited to hear the new album.

The tempo changes is an amazing thing in the song, it's what makes it special. In between the angry ripping blocks of music there are the slow, very emotional parts. Axl singing with a lot of emotion in his voice blows me way; the music (guitars, and drum machine?) behind does justice to that.

The two guitar solos also relate to the song this way; the first one is more emotional and melodic (reminds me of Estranged in the beginning). It's beautiful. Axl sings an "Oh Oh..", fitting the solo with the more emotional parts of the song. The second is introduced by his amazing scream, fitting with the ripping parts of the song.

Like I said, it's amazing. It's like two songs in one, and that makes ONE helluva song! If this one doesn't make the final track list I'm going to be very disapointed and happy at the same time, if you know what I mean.

now this is someone who gets it! i thought i was the only one who liked the guitars. the way you described them is right on. IRS rocks!!!!

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2005, 11:00:08 PM »

this demo kicks my ass in all areas but the slow solo. It just wanders slowly and goes nowhere. Very weak attempt by Finck. 2nd solo kicks ass. Im a diehard Slash fan, havent heard much Buckethead, but I love his solo in THE Blues and now this song. He can really wail. BTW I saw GNR in 02' in Hartford Conn, Axl's voice live sounded nothing like this. I was dissapointed after seeing him live thinking his best singing was behind him. This song completely erased that. I know the studio(ProTools) could be somewhat responsible for his sound, but I really don't care. Even on this demo, his vocals are so raw sounding, I love it.

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
reynics22
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2005, 11:09:46 PM »

this demo kicks my ass in all areas but the slow solo. It just wanders slowly and goes nowhere. Very weak attempt by Finck. 2nd solo kicks ass. Im a diehard Slash fan, havent heard much Buckethead, but I love his solo in THE Blues and now this song. He can really wail. BTW I saw GNR in 02' in Hartford Conn, Axl's voice live sounded nothing like this. I was dissapointed after seeing him live thinking his best singing was behind him. This song completely erased that. I know the studio(ProTools) could be somewhat responsible for his sound, but I really don't care. Even on this demo, his vocals are so raw sounding, I love it.

Buckethead doesn't play the Blues solo.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2005, 05:57:04 AM »

Amazing song.  Axl's vocals are better than they've ever been...and that scream going into the solo-was nearly orgasmic.  I've been trying to figure out a way to master this song and clean it up a bit-but I've had no luck so far.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2005, 12:31:52 PM »

I have forced myself to listen to this a few times.. not very good.? The lyrics are just.. cornball.

And whoever compared this to YCBM... tell me you are joking.? There are some promising parts but to compare it to YCBM???

His voice was high pitched and VERY feminine.? The solo was awful.. the scream was ok but not memorable. (yes I know, the quality is horrible.. its just a demo)? But If I heard welcome to the jungle with bad quality, it will still kick ass.

Every time I hear there is a new song (madagascar/chinese dem/Silk Worms/IRS/Rhiad) I am disapointed.? I mean is axl's goal to throw out songs that are not very good.. is that suppose to make us happy?? Not ONE of the songs that was released was a great song.. not one. I wouldnt waste a burnable cd on one of the songs to tell the truth. (I know I know, it must be a part of some master plan) Oh my god was halfway decent, along with The Blues.? But who wants to wait 10 years for a halfway decent song.?

I love GNR.. UYI 1 is in my car sterio as we speak, and I am wearing a gnr shirt, but with every song that is released (or leaked) I get more and more discouraged.? Not once has there been a true glimmer of hope for the new album.? ?I hope I am wrong and the cd will rock.. I honestly do.?

The only reason I would ever listen to this song more than once, is that I am a GNR fan.?

I know it's personal opinion, but I'd say you're in a SMALL minority in calling Madagascar disappointing. That's far more than a halfway decent song. I've heard almost nothing but positive comments from die-hard fans, casual fans, and non-fans alike. IMO it stands up to anything on UYI I.

Now, that's opinion and you're entitled to yours. But the other comment about Axl "throwing out songs" as if he's leaking them is pretty ignorant considering how hard the band's management worked to PREVENT IRS from leaking. I mean, lawyers went right after Trunk, collected the CD, and he removed the song from his repeat broadcast, which is why it didn't leak for so bloody long. It's a low-quality demo - Axl isn't trying to leak shit. The other songs were played live and it’s pretty much a given that they’re not going to be singles.

And I don’t believe that you'd enjoy Jungle in poor quality... think about that comment. There's a big difference between hearing a song you know and love in poor quality, and hearing a song for the FIRST TIME in poor quality. Apples and oranges.

When you hear a demo, you look for potential. "Axl sounds feminine" is an asinine statement since this is a demo and not a finished track - meaning the vocals were/will be recorded again, and likely enhanced etc. with Pro Tools or some shit just like every other CD. Same goes with the solo etc.

I’m not in the group that claims IRS is a 10. But it’s a song with potential. Madagascar, IRS, Chinese Democracy, and The Blues have me excited for CD. Silkworms and Rhiad and the Bedouins I could do without (and since Oh My God was released commercially already I don’t expect it on CD).
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2005, 03:34:40 PM »

After listening to it I think it has some great potential, all that is needed now is to make the vocals louder then the guitars so you can hear his voice the loudest.

i agree. if the vocals get louder, this song could be phenominal. the guitarring is awesome as well, however

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2005, 03:39:29 PM »

Use your equalizer. Pump up the levels around 2 kHz. Then, Move the equalizer sliders for the bands of under 600khz and over 3khz to low levels.

younggunner, you must have a very clean clip. Cry
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2005, 03:50:35 PM »

For me the demo is far and away the best rock song that we have heard from Nu GNR....Oh my god had some great powerful industrial style guitar but terrible production and poor vocal melody, Rhiad for me is just plain crap, CD has some nice guitar and Axls singing is cool but the song as a whole is very average....IRS with some work could be a great song on every aspect.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
don_adam
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »

Just a quick, small post from me ...

I think that the vocal sounds a bit like some old Iron Maiden ... but hey ... the sound is very poor!

Stay rose'ed!

/Adam

Denmark
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2005, 04:06:52 PM »

Gonna call the President
Gonna call the Private Eye
Gonna get the IRS
Gonna need the FBI

0:11
There?s not anymore that I can do
All the legions said to me, I?ll follow you
When you plead the fifth, that?d be the end of time, it?s true

0:27
Wouldn?t be the first time I've been wrong
Wouldn't be the last time should have known
All the rumors I can tell,
Something?s didn't work so well

0:37

With any way it feels the same

When you first told me you were gone
So long ago, but I've been here long
To all the luck gettin out of this wreck
A fact that you've got to hear worst yet
When I need another favorite I take
It means you might have been caught anyway
Can?t believe that I was out there at all
Couldn?t see it coming all along

1:05
Well it?s true...ooh...I am,
But don?t forget ooh ooh
Gonna call the President
Gonna call myself a Private eye
Gonna need the IRS
Gonna get the FBI

1:24
Gonna make this a federal case
Gonna wave it right there out in your face
Reinvent it with your morning anew
With Police, hang over, and their headlines true now
[Finck Solo]

1:55
I've been too sure to offer my help
I set it up again dressed as somebody else
If I?m stumbling along the road (wall)
Feel like I'll never get ya out of this song
Well I'm just too sad to kill
Maybe like I just walked in my shit (skin/sin?)
They'll be waiting on me I know
Like a broken record for so long

2:17
What can I do?
Ooh, oh.
I'm Gonna call the President,
I'm gonna call a private eye,
Gonna get the IRS,
Gonna get myself the FBI.

((PS to me it seems here a part of the song has been edited out)

2:33
ooh, what shall I do
If I gave my heart to you
It's such a crime you now it's true
? ? ? ?
[Bucket solo]

3:10
Gonna call the president
Gonna make myself a private eye
Gonna need the IRS
Gonna get the FBI

3:20
Gonna make it a federal case
Gonna wave it right there out in your face
Reinvent it with your morning anew
And the police, hang over, and their headlines true

3:32
There's not anymore that I can do

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2005, 04:38:57 PM »

I'd say...

....That the lyrics are a mile out. Great job and all, a thousand times better than I could have done...

...But, remember how off the first version of lyrics for Chinese Democracy and Madagascar was?  Grin

(Oh My God was studio, Silkworms easy, and Rhiad just unaudible, so let's not count it)

Not only is it just not wasy to distinguish the words, but D's right. Read through what's been done so far, and there are huge parts that just don't make sense.

All the same, great job. But don't try too hard. You won't be able to get it 100%.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2005, 03:35:08 AM »

You frightened the shit outta me jarmo I thought its was the start of the end of HTGTH.

I.R.S is a fuckin awesome song Axl sounds so good. the guitar sounded great and the drums sounded very bassy (but that could also be the quality of recording)

Who leaked it? Does anyone know?

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
marcelinomichael
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2005, 11:07:33 AM »

I am scared... and frightened... for I am listening to, and posses the new GN'R hit "IRS"! It is horrible quality but It sounds UNBELIEVABLE!! Cheesy I can't hear anything he says....OMG HE IS SCREAMING!!!!!!!!! :nervous:LIKE A MOTHER!!!a solo??? 8)HOOLY SHYT!!!Something FBI! Shocked... April 27 behind the music...The Guns are RESURECTING very soon! crying
- WE BELIEVE! -
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2005, 11:21:31 AM »

Oh man I don't even know where to start.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: