Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:52:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 79785 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2005, 08:37:15 PM »

Wow, so you all heard IRS?
I'm seriously behind you in information retrieval.

Still, I'd say the solo can't be better.
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2005, 09:00:17 PM »

I have forced myself to listen to this a few times.. not very good.  The lyrics are just.. cornball.

And whoever compared this to YCBM... tell me you are joking.  There are some promising parts but to compare it to YCBM?? 

His voice was high pitched and VERY feminine.  The solo was awful.. the scream was ok but not memorable. (yes I know, the quality is horrible.. its just a demo)  But If I heard welcome to the jungle with bad quality, it will still kick ass.

Every time I hear there is a new song (madagascar/chinese dem/Silk Worms/IRS/Rhiad) I am disapointed.  I mean is axl's goal to throw out songs that are not very good.. is that suppose to make us happy?  Not ONE of the songs that was released was a great song.. not one. I wouldnt waste a burnable cd on one of the songs to tell the truth. (I know I know, it must be a part of some master plan) Oh my god was halfway decent, along with The Blues.  But who wants to wait 10 years for a halfway decent song. 

I love GNR.. UYI 1 is in my car sterio as we speak, and I am wearing a gnr shirt, but with every song that is released (or leaked) I get more and more discouraged.  Not once has there been a true glimmer of hope for the new album.   I hope I am wrong and the cd will rock.. I honestly do. 

The only reason I would ever listen to this song more than once, is that I am a GNR fan. 

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2005, 09:03:46 PM »

Or, maybe they are too advanced for you, love.  Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2005, 09:12:26 PM »

Yes yes yes. Muchly.

New GNR is a lot more...Out there.

It's not just Welcome to the Jungles anymore.

I'm not complaining.

I love depth in songs, which is what I'm sure we'll be getting.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2005, 09:15:02 PM »

I have forced myself to listen to this a few times.. not very good.  The lyrics are just.. cornball.

And whoever compared this to YCBM... tell me you are joking.  There are some promising parts but to compare it to YCBM?? 

His voice was high pitched and VERY feminine.  The solo was awful.. the scream was ok but not memorable. (yes I know, the quality is horrible.. its just a demo)  But If I heard welcome to the jungle with bad quality, it will still kick ass.

Every time I hear there is a new song (madagascar/chinese dem/Silk Worms/IRS/Rhiad) I am disapointed.  I mean is axl's goal to throw out songs that are not very good.. is that suppose to make us happy?  Not ONE of the songs that was released was a great song.. not one. I wouldnt waste a burnable cd on one of the songs to tell the truth. (I know I know, it must be a part of some master plan) Oh my god was halfway decent, along with The Blues.  But who wants to wait 10 years for a halfway decent song. 

I love GNR.. UYI 1 is in my car sterio as we speak, and I am wearing a gnr shirt, but with every song that is released (or leaked) I get more and more discouraged.  Not once has there been a true glimmer of hope for the new album.   I hope I am wrong and the cd will rock.. I honestly do. 

The only reason I would ever listen to this song more than once, is that I am a GNR fan. 
did you become a new member just to say all that?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2005, 09:40:36 PM »

To show how you are behind. well its just a matter of taste.

Not as a gnr fan, I'd say
This is what all the true rock devotees are waiting for.
jgfnsr
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2005, 10:14:52 PM »

I have forced myself to listen to this a few times.. not very good.? The lyrics are just.. cornball.

And whoever compared this to YCBM... tell me you are joking.? There are some promising parts but to compare it to YCBM???

His voice was high pitched and VERY feminine.? The solo was awful.. the scream was ok but not memorable. (yes I know, the quality is horrible.. its just a demo)? But If I heard welcome to the jungle with bad quality, it will still kick ass.

Every time I hear there is a new song (madagascar/chinese dem/Silk Worms/IRS/Rhiad) I am disapointed.? I mean is axl's goal to throw out songs that are not very good.. is that suppose to make us happy?? Not ONE of the songs that was released was a great song.. not one. I wouldnt waste a burnable cd on one of the songs to tell the truth. (I know I know, it must be a part of some master plan) Oh my god was halfway decent, along with The Blues.? But who wants to wait 10 years for a halfway decent song.?

I love GNR.. UYI 1 is in my car sterio as we speak, and I am wearing a gnr shirt, but with every song that is released (or leaked) I get more and more discouraged.? Not once has there been a true glimmer of hope for the new album.? ?I hope I am wrong and the cd will rock.. I honestly do.?

The only reason I would ever listen to this song more than once, is that I am a GNR fan.?

I 'll say it once again.

I might very well be in the minority here but it is my opinion that none of the songs we've hears so far (except for perhaps the title track) will be on the album itself.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2005, 10:17:56 PM »

Gonna call the President
Gonna call the Private Eye
Gonna get the IRS
Gonna need the FBI

0:11
There?s not anymore that I can do
All the legions said to me, I?ll follow you
When you plead the fifth baby, then anytime is true

0:27
Wouldn?t be the first time I've been wrong
Wouldn't be the last time I should have known
All the rumors I can tell,
Something?s didn't work so well

0:37

With any way it feels the same

When you first told me you were gone
So long ago, but I've been here long
To all the luck gettin out of this wreck
A fact that you've got to hear worst yet
When I need another favorite I take
It means your life will be gone anyway
Can?t believe that I was out there at all
Couldn?t see it coming all along

1:05
Well it?s true...ooh...I am,
But don?t forget ooh ooh
Gonna call the President
Gonna call myself a Private eye
Gonna need the IRS
Gonna get the FBI

1:24 (need help with this)
Gonna make this a federal case
Gonna win and I?ll get outta your face
Rearrange it when your morning is noon?
And the police hang together, and their headlines true now
[Finck Solo]

1:55
I've been too sure to offer my help
I set it up again dressed as somebody else
Feel like stumbling along the road
Feel like I'll never get ya out of this song
Well I'm just too sad to kill
Maybe like I just walked in my shit (skin/sin?)
They'll be waiting on me I know
Like a broken record for so long

2:17
What can I do?
Ooh, oh.
I'm Gonna call the President,
I'm gonna call a private eye,
Gonna get the IRS,
Gonna get myself the FBI.

((PS to me it seems here a part of the song has been edited out)

2:33
ooh, what shall I do
If I gave my heart to you
It's such a crime you now it's true

[Bucket solo]

3:10
Gonna call the president
Gonna make myself a private eye
Gonna need the IRS
Gonna get the FBI

3:20
Gonna make it a federal case
Gonna win and I?ll get outta your face
Rearrange it with your morning at noon?
And the police hang out, and their headlines true

3:32
There's not anymore that I can do
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 12:13:01 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2005, 10:32:39 PM »

Here's mine so far...

the lines I can't make out are in italics

"IRS" - Guns N' Roses

0:00
gonna call the president
gonna call that private eye
gonna get the IRS
gonna need the FBI

0:12
There's not anymore that I can do
With all the legions that tell me "I'll follow you"
?So when you see the pictures and the advertisements too?
OR
?will you be the victims and the agonizers too?

0:27
It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong
It wouldn't be the last, I'm sure, I've found
With all the rumors I can tell
some things didn't work so well

0:38
Well anyway it feels the same
When you first told me you were gone
Somehow I'd known that I'd been here alone
? To all the luck gettin out of this wreck ?
? A fact that you've got to hear the worst yet ?
? When I need another favourite I take ?
? then you made your up mind, and off you went ?

I can't believe, now, how that lingered on
Couldn?t see it coming all along

1:06
"well it's due"
"Oh?", I asked, "My god! It was you?"

1:14
gonna call the president
gonna call myself a private eye
gonna need the IRS
gonna get the FBI

1:24
gonna make this a federal case
gonna wave it, right there, out in your face
? Reinvent it with your ball and his hand ?
? While the police hang him around their head like you now ?

1:34
(guitar solo)
Ooohhh...Aahhhh...

1:56
? I feel like I'm blowing the top of my head ?
? When I sing it, what the hell, like its somebody else ?
? Haven't I somewhere or way to walk ?
? Feeling like I'm crippled inside of this song ?
? You feel like a rhinestone diamond gem ?
? Baby like a sulfur to my skin ?
? You could have been wasted all day long ?
? Like a broken record that doesn't know ?

2:18
And I do... oooooooooo-oohhh!

2:22
gonna call the president
gonna call a private eye
gonna get the IRS
gonna get myself the FBI

2:33
oooo!
What shall I do
? If I gave my heart to you ?
Ohhhh!
? Yes, I can cry, you know it's true ?

2:49
(Guitar Solo)

3:10
gonna call the president
gonna get myself a private eye
ooooo!
gonna need the IRS
gonna get the FBI

3:20
gonna make it a federal case
gonna wave it, right there, out in your face
? Reinvent it when you're bawling at noon ?
? when the piece hang over in their headlines too ?

3:31
Not anymore that I can do

Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2005, 10:41:58 PM »

i just have to say again, this song rocks. the finished version will be amazing and hard as hell im sure. i was very pleased to hear a "rocker" like this. although i really do like the big epics, this reminded me more of AFD.

Buckets solo is awesome, and im sure you 2 "ace" guitarist who were having a pissing contest on the last page should reconize that. "ive been playing guitar for 14 years and i know what im talking about, and thats why Finck sucks" Roll Eyes please......calm down and reconize this as a DEMO!!! there will be better things to come

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2005, 10:56:12 PM »

I have forced myself to listen to this a few times.. not very good.? The lyrics are just.. cornball.

And whoever compared this to YCBM... tell me you are joking.? There are some promising parts but to compare it to YCBM???

His voice was high pitched and VERY feminine.? The solo was awful.. the scream was ok but not memorable. (yes I know, the quality is horrible.. its just a demo)? But If I heard welcome to the jungle with bad quality, it will still kick ass.

Every time I hear there is a new song (madagascar/chinese dem/Silk Worms/IRS/Rhiad) I am disapointed.? I mean is axl's goal to throw out songs that are not very good.. is that suppose to make us happy?? Not ONE of the songs that was released was a great song.. not one. I wouldnt waste a burnable cd on one of the songs to tell the truth. (I know I know, it must be a part of some master plan) Oh my god was halfway decent, along with The Blues.? But who wants to wait 10 years for a halfway decent song.?

I love GNR.. UYI 1 is in my car sterio as we speak, and I am wearing a gnr shirt, but with every song that is released (or leaked) I get more and more discouraged.? Not once has there been a true glimmer of hope for the new album.? ?I hope I am wrong and the cd will rock.. I honestly do.?

The only reason I would ever listen to this song more than once, is that I am a GNR fan.?

This song does remind me of YCBM why would I be joking? This song is just a DEMO, so take it as that.
The scream was incredible what are  you talking about it was just ok? I have not heard a scream like that in  years for any rock song, and that is just axl singing live in the studio. Wait til he can just do the scream and add it into the song. As for Axls voice being femine I think it sounds amazing, and listen to SCOM off of AFD,  he sounds pretty much the same.

If you were disapointed with a song like madagascar, then you will never be happy and no matter how great a new axl song is you are going to bash it.  Madagascar is one of the best gnr songs ever.

You are an Axl bash and that is fine, I am sure you are not really new to this board and just some one who wants to bash Axl under a different name.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2005, 11:19:19 PM »

This song does remind me of YCBM why would I be joking? This song is just a DEMO, so take it as that.
The scream was incredible what are  you talking about it was just ok? I have not heard a scream like that in  years for any rock song, and that is just axl singing live in the studio. Wait til he can just do the scream and add it into the song. As for Axls voice being femine I think it sounds amazing, and listen to SCOM off of AFD,  he sounds pretty much the same.

If you were disapointed with a song like madagascar, then you will never be happy and no matter how great a new axl song is you are going to bash it.  Madagascar is one of the best gnr songs ever.

You are an Axl bash and that is fine, I am sure you are not really new to this board and just some one who wants to bash Axl under a different name.

I thought his post was honest as hell, and extremely fair. Just because he doesn't like the song doesnt mean he's a shit face.

The minute someone doesn't like the song, it's "too advanced" for them or whatever. And "none of these songs will be on the album". Then what the fuck will? Chinese Democracy HAS to be on Chinese Democracy, and it's a 3rd rate rocker.

I like it, I think it's cool, but if I waited 10 years, I want something that blows the other shit away (even if it's completely different. I love different) If not, then just release it, who cares?

I personally do like the song a lot, I think it'll be cool. I like Blues a lot as well, and Oh My God definitely grew on me. But why condem this guy for his opinion? It's just as valid as all yours and mine.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2005, 11:35:28 PM »

The scream was incredible what are? you talking about it was just ok? I have not heard a scream like that in? years for any rock song, and that is just axl singing live in the studio. Wait til he can just do the scream and add it into the song. As for Axls voice being femine I think it sounds amazing, and listen to SCOM off of AFD,? he sounds pretty much the same.

If you were disapointed with a song like madagascar, then you will never be happy and no matter how great a new axl song is you are going to bash it.? Madagascar is one of the best gnr songs ever.

I thought his post was honest as hell, and extremely fair. Just because he doesn't like the song doesnt mean he's a shit face.

The minute someone doesn't like the song, it's "too advanced" for them or whatever. And "none of these songs will be on the album". Then what the fuck will? Chinese Democracy HAS to be on Chinese Democracy, and it's a 3rd rate rocker.

I like it, I think it's cool, but if I waited 10 years, I want something that blows the other shit away (even if it's completely different. I love different) If not, then just release it, who cares?

I personally do like the song a lot, I think it'll be cool. I like Blues a lot as well, and Oh My God definitely grew on me. But why condem this guy for his opinion? It's just as valid as all yours and mine.

I would not have said anything if he did say anything about me comparing it to YCMB

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2005, 12:52:48 AM »

This fuckin' sucks!!!!

i wanna hear this song more then anythin'!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2005, 01:03:42 AM »

I dont care who plays guitar on this site, it doesnt take a musician to know that the solo Finck played before SCOM on the 2002 tour was some of the worst fuckin shit ever played from an arena stage.

He is ok but ive said it a million times, u cant replace a legend like Slash with a Robin Finck.

Just like VR couldnt have any old frontman singing for them, they had to go get a Big Gun frontman

Finck would be a nice 2nd guitarist but they still need that Buckethead style type of guitarist to replace Slash with. Bucket was suitable, Finck isnt

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2005, 01:27:40 AM »

Yes yes.. this is all too much for me. ?I nearly passed out reading the lyrics, they were so incredibly deep. ?

dave-gnfnr2k - When I read your post comparing this to YCBM, I could have swore it was about quality. ?I thought you were saying this song was on par with YCBM.. which I think is crazy. ?If I am wrong, and you were not saying that, then I apologize. ?

"the days of welcome to the jungle are over." ?My god... I didn't know that.. I guess the days of Record Sales are over then. ?Are you saying that axl is no longer trying to make hits like Welcome to the jungle? ?Because if Axl is going to stop writing hard edged rock songs.. then why be a fan?

I understand that this is a demo. ?This song simply does not sound that great. ?You can clean it up, edit it a bit, change a few things around... its just not great.  You can't turn shit into apple pie.  I am just stating my opinion, just like you are, but the second someone isn't kissing axls butt, they are an axl basher. ?God forbid I have an opinion that differs from yours. ?Do you know what also makes me fear for the quality of CD? Whenever I crank up "the blues," or "Madagascar", everyone in the room yells at me to turn the crap off. ?These are people that like gnr.. that scares me. ?I get pissed because I want to like the new stuff, but it just isn't that good.

The guitar solo - I will rephrase what I said. ?That Buckethead solo just does not sound good on this song. ?It doesn't fit. ?

I did not just now make this name to bash the song.. I have been around the board and site for a looonnnnng time. ?Nothing that I read makes me want to post. ? I read a lot of stuff. but I dont see a point in putting down a post on "when will CD be released" type threads. ?"ohh I totally think that 2005 is the year" ?Come on people, if I wan to masturbate I will do it in the shower. ? I will post when there is something worthwhile to post. ?When a new song is leaked, I post. ?If it was an amazing song, or even a good song, I would have posted my praise of it. ?

I hope the cd is so hot it burns my flesh when I grab it. ?I have my doubts though, and with every new song that I hear, my doubts are only reinforced.

shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2005, 01:31:22 AM »

used illusions [ aapc ]

After reading your post again, I realize I completely misquoted you on the WTTJ comment.  My apologies.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2005, 02:29:14 AM »

Ummm hmmm....

Alright I just listened to this for the first time 20 minutes ago. And replayed it and replayed it and replayed it.

I'm kinda tripping that maybe I'm crazy (well I know I am) but, this is kicking my ass hard right now. Its the old attacking style that I dig so hard with Axl. Its got this swagger to it, that is so cool.

I think any of you who are brreaking it down and saying some lame negative shit, are fucked. I would almsot be so bold to say that if you dont think this is awesome, then maybe its time to admit that GNR just isnt for you anymore.

...Just took a break and kicked back. Came back and listened to this again, and damn...if this isn't some slick sounding shit. Would dig hearing a sharp version. Chinese D...bring it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
estranged.1098
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2005, 03:23:29 AM »

I think any of you who are brreaking it down and saying some lame negative shit, are fucked. I would almsot be so bold to say that if you dont think this is awesome, then maybe its time to admit that GNR just isnt for you anymore.

That's correct. I wish these people would move on to other bands/forums.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2005, 04:15:35 AM »

I agree Buddha, i cannot stop singing this

all day today while i was playing ball i kept singing this

my friends were like "what the fuck are u singing"

I said NEW GNR song that leaked, they thought it sounded awesome with me singing it, im not a vocal slouch but im not axl

this song kicks fuckin ass! bottom line!

I agree totally

this isnt Appetite GNR

this is something brand fuckin new and either u accept its something new or get out of the GNR world.

I dont agree that someone can only make one Greatest album of all time.

I think the original GNR peaked perhaps but Axl hasnt peaked and I am so confident in CD

just sayin if its true that none of these songs we have heard are Big Guns then its gonna be truly unbelievable.

I agree with Dave only this song is maybe a little catchier than YCBM

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: