Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 79769 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2005, 01:05:22 PM »

With work there are many programs that can improve the quality somewhat....so far the people who have tried have simply made it sound much worse (computerised sounding)

I think I could do a pretty good job improving it...but honestly, I have heard the bare bones of a new GNR song and dont see the point, I will hear a better version when CD is released or the actual track is leaked.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2005, 01:06:23 PM »

i only hurd the 43 sec clip and it sounded kool

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2005, 02:58:18 PM »

just heard the song, and it fucking rocks! Cool

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2005, 03:10:09 PM »

I like it, hope to hear the clear version some day. Everything else is goog but I hope a little bit effort to the guitar parts. I like Finck better than Buckethead in this song. Finck has more style in this demo, although Finck's "solo" is very limited. Finck is also more melodic player. This song is a little bit above of an average GNR songs but great song for today's music scene. 
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2005, 04:48:31 PM »

Finck's solo is terrible, he's playing out of tone even in the studio? nervous Rid of this guy, please, he can't play lead for Guns N' Roses? no BTW Buckethead's solo is quite great? yes
no
Out of tone? Give me a break... You sure can not like the guy, but don't start to create false arguments.

He can't play and these notes are false, not because he plays the wrong bars, but because his fingers fuck up every note. Sad but true, the world's worst lead guitarist.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 04:52:38 PM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2005, 04:52:31 PM »

Finck's solo is terrible, he's playing out of tone even in the studio? nervous Rid of this guy, please, he can't play lead for Guns N' Roses? no BTW Buckethead's solo is quite great? yes
no
Out of tone? Give me a break... You sure can not like the guy, but don't start to create false arguments.

He can't play and these notes are false, not because he plays the wrong bars, but because his fingers fucks up every note. Sad but true, the world's worst lead guitarist.

how could the "world's worst lead guitarist" play for cirque de soliel (sp?) ? they only hire excellant excellant musicians for that. you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to guitar if you say that. you may not like the way he plays but that does not make him bad.
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2005, 04:53:49 PM »

Finck's got a sloppy style. He's a good guitar player but his style just sucks

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2005, 04:54:18 PM »

LOL, I've been playing guitar for 14 years now, my brither is a musician, I have a lot of friends who work in the music industry, and ALL of them think that Finck sucks. Sucks really badly. If you can't hear it, it's your problem.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2005, 04:57:16 PM »

If he was really such a bad player he wouldn't have played for NIN or GnR.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2005, 04:57:36 PM »

LOL, I've been playing guitar for 14 years now, my brither is a musician, I have a lot of friends who work in the music industry, and ALL of them think that Finck sucks. Sucks really badly. If you can't hear it, it's your problem.

He can't play the solo for patience very well IMO. Even I can play THAT solo, it's easy. I think his "style" does kinda blow.

badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2005, 04:59:49 PM »

hahaha....if you have been playing 14 years and you think finck sucks then you may want to get a new hobby there buddy. i have been playing for 11 years myself, toured in bands and had an indie label put out a record. i know what i'm talking about and i'm pretty sure the people that select the musicians for cirque du soliel probably know a little something as well seeing as how they are very much know for the the musicians they select. seriously though...if you have played guitar for that long, time to pick up something else, preferably non musical....knitting perhaps?
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2005, 05:01:52 PM »

He can't play the solo for patience very well IMO. Even I can play THAT solo, it's easy. I think his "style" does kinda blow.

lol. He plays the solo intentionally different. It's not because he can't play the original solo. IMO the new one sounds much better

Fosters
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2005, 05:07:30 PM »

Mod edit : Jarmo said "NO LINK". Are you friggin blind?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 05:31:20 PM by Pandora » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »

Ok i should have uses Ace or Zakk as an example but i dont think it sounds like Slash at all...I think it just need a better solo thats all

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »

Ok i should have uses Ace or Zakk as an example but i dont think it sounds like Slash at all...I think it just need a better solo thats all

its not really supposed to sound like slash. i don't think axl went out and tried to get the 2 guitarests that most sounded like slash. i think he was going for something differant.....possilbly part of the reason slash isn't still playing with him? go figure....
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2005, 06:07:23 PM »

little help? via pm of course. anyone?
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2005, 06:15:33 PM »

I think the song is amazing! The quality is bad, but you can still hear the potential of the song. If the rest of the record is as good then Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums of all time.

im not trying to be a dick... but do you actually believe that?

I admit, thinks look good IF CD ever does come out, I know it's going to rule, but one of the greatest albums of all time? Not too sure about that.

Yes, I think CD can be one of the greatest albums of all time. The new songs we've heard are really something to be excited about and I think IRS is the best one of them. The more I listen to it the more I like it.

I don't know. I really quite like everything we've head. the 3 old new songs, and IRS. I think when it's finished, it'll be a great jam..

but I don't think it's gonna be one of the greatest albums ever. I'm sure there's gonna be at least 2 or 3 songs that we've never heard of that will knock us fans off our feet, but I don't know...

Greatest Albums only come along once or twice a generation. They had Appetite, and I think they should be satisfied that it's so legendary and just have fun with it from now on. VR did that. Their album isn't one of the greatest of all time, but I do love it. I think Axl isn't satisfied to do something like that. In his never ending quest to try to bury the past, including AFD, he just links himself closer to it by trying to top it. I know he can, but if that's his main focus, I don't think he ever will.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »

i tried with the lyrics for 2 hours last night.

it has to have some sort of court/justice type theme.

its hard though i mean the way axl sings it sounds like 5 different things.

i still cant figure out OH MY GOD whether or not he says "to live in a tradeoff, believe you own version or something else.

Oh well, the possibilities are endless

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2005, 07:58:30 PM »

The scream before the bucket solo...fucking wicked.

Yeah, when I heard that I was very very impressed, sounds like Axl is really pushing himself with the vocals on the new stuff!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2005, 08:29:09 PM »

its not really supposed to sound like slash. i don't think axl went out and tried to get the 2 guitarests that most sounded like slash. i think he was going for something differant.....possilbly part of the reason slash isn't still playing with him? go figure....

I know he wasnt looking for another slash..But im saying it would sound better with a better solo

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: