Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The IRS discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The IRS discussion thread  (Read 79610 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2005, 02:27:15 AM »

The fact that Fortus has touring commitments until SEPTEMBER should make us fans  be a lil more realistic....at BEST CD will be released december....chances are yet another dead year.

So with that in mind and no forseeable release date, enjoy IRS cos the wait wont be over soon no matter how you look at it.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
estranged.1098
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2005, 02:33:32 AM »

The fact that Fortus has touring commitments until SEPTEMBER should make us fans  be a lil more realistic....at BEST CD will be released december....chances are yet another dead year.

So with that in mind and no forseeable release date, enjoy IRS cos the wait wont be over soon no matter how you look at it.

The IRS discussion thread
shaun
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2005, 02:50:57 AM »

IRS sounded average on the first few hearings... then, then it got better  ok
Poor quality sound recording to one side, i really quite like the track  beer
IRS is on my site, and no i cannot tell you the location as that would be wrong  Wink
Roll on the finished album  peace
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2005, 03:03:43 AM »

The fact that Fortus has touring commitments until SEPTEMBER should make us fans? be a lil more realistic....at BEST CD will be released december....chances are yet another dead year.

The IRS discussion thread

Yes Im discussing the impact that IRS seems to be having and that so many people view it as a sign od CD's release.

As for the song, Axls vocals are great, musicianship a tad boring, solos are bland, and id like to hear the drums and percussion to be beefed up. As ive said before if the lyrics were as good as a song like locomotive or sympathy for the devil then it'd be an all time classic, as is its just a very good rock song.

Though its only a demo id say its one rung below a song like civil war, and thats a compliment.

If there are 10 songs on this album that are better then it'll be a fantastic disk.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2005, 03:31:08 AM »

Axl's vocal melodies are great, he proves that he has the talent, but he sounds like it'd be Hollywood Rose again. Since it's a demo the song's structure is not good and doesn't seem to be finished. The music is mediocre and sounds the same as the OMG-CD-Riyadh style, so it can be the 'new direction' which is kinda sad. Finck's solo is terrible, he's playing out of tone even in the studio  nervous Rid of this guy, please, he can't play lead for Guns N' Roses  no BTW Buckethead's solo is quite great  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2005, 03:36:07 AM »

I think this is pre Fortus...listen to the music on his site, Im very impressed, very modern n cool, he would be great to add rythm and lead. Maybe some of the rythm here is Paul Huge.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2005, 03:56:19 AM »

Besides the poor quality, it sounds like a very promising and good song. I think i'll love it once I get to hear it properly.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
estranged.1098
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2005, 04:16:10 AM »

One thing that's interesting is that this song was mentioned in the RS article (January 2000), Buckethead joined in October. Possibly he plays both solos on that song, the beautiful one and the one introduced by Axl's long scream.
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2005, 05:07:31 AM »

I really like IRS

but the slow Solo sucks! especially  the beginning is bad. I hope they improved the solo

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2005, 05:56:16 AM »

0:11
There?s not anymore that I can do
All the legions said to me, I?ll follow you
When you plead the fifth, in the end of time is true

0:27
Wouldn?t be the first time I've been wrong
Wouldn't be the last time should I?m gone
All the rumors I can tell,
Something?s didn't work so well

i think he is saying

when u plead the fifth it would be? the end of time its true

wouldnt be the first time ive beenwrong
wouldnt be the last time i shouldve known

youngunner was definitely right about those.

here is that other verse Dave, i think it says

gonna make this a federal case
gonna win and knock it out of your face
REarrange it with your MORAL Fool *im leaning towards Fool,would that make sense?
where the FLEET *paparazzi maybe*hang together and their headlines are true now

i dont think it says police, sounds like one syllable if u listen over and over and over. thats what i came up with, could be police but read the lyrics while u listen, after a few listens it sounds like MORAL Fool instead of morning noon.

second time around it says

REINVENT it with your moral avenue/attitude instead of REARRANGE it with your moral fool

I think this song is about Tabloids/paparazzi, lying journalist, all the bullshit about his goin crazy weightgain, maybe a bit with the old band.

just all the rumors and how people believe anything that is printed.

thats my interpretation
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:47:12 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2005, 07:05:35 AM »

I think the song is amazing! The quality is bad, but you can still hear the potential of the song. If the rest of the record is as good then Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums of all time.

im not trying to be a dick... but do you actually believe that?

I admit, thinks look good IF CD ever does come out, I know it's going to rule, but one of the greatest albums of all time? Not too sure about that.

Yes, I think CD can be one of the greatest albums of all time. The new songs we've heard are really something to be excited about and I think IRS is the best one of them. The more I listen to it the more I like it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2005, 07:28:00 AM »

Finck's solo is terrible, he's playing out of tone even in the studio  nervous Rid of this guy, please, he can't play lead for Guns N' Roses  no BTW Buckethead's solo is quite great  yes
no
Out of tone? Give me a break... You sure can not like the guy, but don't start to create false arguments.

Kefer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2005, 08:06:02 AM »

It may be "just a demo" but I can tell I like the song a lot and it is definitely the best new song I have heard in the last 5 years
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2005, 08:12:50 AM »

are there typos in that?

when u plead the fifth,in the end of time is true ? *that makes no sense, that cant be the lyric

wouldnt be the last time should im gone *once again any songwriter worth a shit wouldnt write that, that makes no sense either

none of that really flows or makes sense.

I cant figure out that part. Any ideas?

I think those two lines are:

Wouldn't be the frist time I went wrong
Wouldn't be the last time I should've known.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2005, 09:35:40 AM »

are there typos in that?

when u plead the fifth,in the end of time is true ? *that makes no sense, that cant be the lyric

wouldnt be the last time should im gone *once again any songwriter worth a shit wouldnt write that, that makes no sense either

none of that really flows or makes sense.

Argree totally, "when you plead the fifth?" when all you people are saying it's "FIFTH" I clearly hear a 2-syllable word. there is no way in hell that word is fifth. for that matter I'm almost 100% that he doesn't say "the end of time" in fact i think what we have as "end of time" is one word

I think those two lines are:

Wouldn't be the frist time I went wrong
Wouldn't be the last time I should've known.

I agree? ok
well almost, I have

wouldn't be the first time I'd been wrong
wouldn't be the last, I'm sure I've found
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:37:24 AM by Neemo » Logged

yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2005, 09:39:45 AM »

The music is mediocre and sounds the same as the OMG-CD-Riyadh style, so it can be the 'new direction' which is kinda sad. Finck's solo is terrible, he's playing out of tone even in the studio? nervous Rid of this guy, please, he can't play lead for Guns N' Roses? no BTW Buckethead's solo is quite great? yes
Dude, Nobody have said that this is going to be AFD II, so stop with this sound is not GNR, GNR was always a mix of lot of sounds. As for Robin solo, is good but coud be better towards the end, but still good. ?yes I know that you wish that Slash would be in it but he's not, LIVE AND LET DIE. As for B'head solo if you like the same repetitive "see how fast can I play the same notes" guitar work, well it's up to you, to me it's boring. ?no
As for the demo, it's quite good but difficult to hear, what I like it's Axl's scream with the heavy sound, that doesn't come from B'head solo, I suppose is Tommy(Superb.) So I give it a 7.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2005, 09:47:29 AM »

As for the song, Axls vocals are great, musicianship a tad boring, solos are bland, and id like to hear the drums and percussion to be beefed up.

Though its only a demo

You basically answered your own request for better mixing of the drums. It's a demo, with low sound quality.

I don't know if you heard any of the Use Your Illusion demos, but for example, on the "Bad Obsession" demo it's just Izzy and a drum machine. The finished version sounds quite different and has actual drums on it. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2005, 09:54:08 AM »

As for the song, Axls vocals are great, musicianship a tad boring, solos are bland, and id like to hear the drums and percussion to be beefed up.

Though its only a demo

You basically answered your own request for better mixing of the drums. It's a demo, with low sound quality.

I don't know if you heard any of the Use Your Illusion demos, but for example, on the "Bad Obsession" demo it's just Izzy and a drum machine. The finished version sounds quite different and has actual drums on it. Wink

/jarmo

jarmo,
   I asked earlier..but it got buried quick:

What do you think of it?  I'm curious to hear your opinion...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »

We can only judge it as it is and hope that the direction and production goes certain directions.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2005, 10:03:08 AM »

I don't like to "review" songs on unfinished low quality demos. That clip didn't make me stop the playback and skip to the next song, so I guess I like what I heard. ?Wink

Axl sounds great though. Not a surprise to me, but for all those "he can't sing anymore" people it must be a bit weird. Of course they'll say that the song is old and that he can't sing today. ?hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: