Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl has hushed his vocal critics
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl has hushed his vocal critics  (Read 6429 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 10:00:31 PM »

i was about to kick in the nuts!? Roll Eyes? hihi hihi beer

It's funny how you ladies always gotta talk about kicking a guy in the nuts, I mean... you do realise that all you have to do is just graze nuts, and the guy will be fucked up. And that's the worst pain because you're like "hey, did that just... graze... my... aaarghhhh"  crying hihi

As for the voice topic, well that can be affected by a kick in the nuts too! No seriously, I never understood what people have been grumbling about - same man, same voice, should be more powerful and effective than ever.

@#$%Funker
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 10:15:40 PM »

Amusing as testicle torture is... back to the topic.

Most people areound the world in 2002 only heard the MTV awards performance. To be truthful, looking at it from a non hardcore GnR listener, that performance was pretty woeful compared to the live shows we all heard via the boards. The live shows kicked ass, but many outside our little communities heard them.

I believe those who think Axls voice has blown will fall inlove with it (and the music) once the album is everywhere and all over tv and radio.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
G n F n R
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 11:49:27 PM »

I like the leaks but I still say his voice has changed. I mean the man himself admitted to it at the Korn party. "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 11:50:23 PM »

his voice sounded exausted at vma's i thought. though the scream he let out in the intro to WTTJ was fucking amazing. either way i think his voice sounds fine.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 12:01:10 AM »

his voice sounded exausted at vma's i thought. though the scream he let out in the intro to WTTJ was fucking amazing. either way i think his voice sounds fine.

Thats probably my favorite Axl scream....its just completely ridiculous how long he holds that for and how powerful it is.  My favorite thing about Axls voice/lyrics that is TOTALLY lacking in todays music is the emotion and passion behind every syllable.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Elrothiel
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 12:19:08 AM »

HannaHat are you the male version of me or something!? Huh hihi

Reason: I 100% agree! No vocalists nowadays really put raw passion behind their voice without doing the black metal deep growl thing, which sucks cuz you can't hear what they're singin' about, or the whole emo whiny nasal thing! Axl is the only one who really does put everything he's got into his voice and throwing every bit of emotion he's got into it, without sounding black metal, and without sounding emo!

Axl = God Of Rock! peace ok
Bono
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 12:24:02 AM »

I don't agree he's hushed his critics. To me alot of the vocals on the new leaked songs sound like alot of protools went inot it. I love the sound of his voice on Better but I'll be honest and say I think he sounds quite bad on the slow parts durring IRS and TWAT. I really like the song The Blues but I'm not sold on his voice. the melody is great but his voice sounds much too nazal and really manufactured in my opinion. If he can pull off his "Better" voice live and that's the voice that dominates the album than he will have hushed me. Untill then I'l take the wait and see approach.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 07:30:19 AM »

I don't get this... have the critics not heard the Osaka 2002 monitor recordings? 'Cause his voice sounds fine in them...

SG
makane
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 07:32:10 AM »

Singers vocal abilites isn't measured by hes/her studio takes, it's how he can deliver the songs LIVE.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 08:38:58 AM »

Thank You For Saying This....studio, smudio....LIVE is where it counts!!! You can polish turds in studios and make em smell and sound just like flowers hihi
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 09:30:24 AM »

Amusing as testicle torture is... back to the topic.

Most people areound the world in 2002 only heard the MTV awards performance. To be truthful, looking at it from a non hardcore GnR listener, that performance was pretty woeful compared to the live shows we all heard via the boards. The live shows kicked ass, but many outside our little communities heard them.

I believe those who think Axls voice has blown will fall inlove with it (and the music) once the album is everywhere and all over tv and radio.

even from a hardcore POV, the VMAs were just bad. Fact. ok the scream was ace and Maddy was pretty good. Wether the soundman's/ axl's fault whatever, if that's all people have heared, then I'm not surprised no one likes his voice now. The CD should kick ass, and he CAN deliver live (in 2002 he did anyway)
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 09:54:31 AM »

Personally I don't think he will totally silence his critics until CD is released and he is able to succesfully complete a tour with no incidences
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 10:40:23 AM »

Personally I don't think he will totally silence his critics until he is able to succesfully complete a tour with no incidences

Has this ever happened?  Once?

hihi

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 10:45:41 AM »

Personally I don't think he will totally silence his critics until he is able to succesfully complete a tour with no incidences

Has this ever happened?? Once?

hihi

nope, I always liked the way Axl handled the things.... Who haves the balls these days to not show up to a concert? there can be only one  hihi

It adds to the excitement... "oh my god....he doesnt show up!!!........where is he??? why is he taking so long!!??...the show should've started like 33 minutes ago!........"

and then:

"Do you know where you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!"

crowd will go nuts!!! Excitement is everything.... It's part of his image........like it or not....

You'll either see the greatest rock show.....or you'll see........flying chairs..

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 10:59:36 AM »

remember all the critics on the 2002 tour about how Axl doesnt sound like Axl blah blah blah.

One thing I love about the leaks is the fact that what a few of us speculated on seems to be true.

we said that Axl has learned to sing a proper style to not fuck his throat up on the road but in the studio it will sound like vintage Axl.

I think the leaks prove that Axl's voice has never been better.

I personally haven't heard any of the new tracks like IRS, Better and TWAT. I would love some direction in knowing where to find them (I wish I could find them here), because I would like to hear something better than I have already heard from GNR's last round of "new" releases.

Believe me that I am just as excited as the biggest die hard Axl fans to see him making appearances and being confident in his material and his work. He has definitly come a long way from his reclusity of 1994-2000 (2002-2006).
But I am also playing it cautious. Axl did not impress me the last time he came around in 2002, and my mind has already been made up that his performances and his songs were inferior to that of the old GNR period. This is why Im dying to be proven wrong, I would like to see that Axl's talents have increased since Slash, since he did have a lot of ground to cover from losing his old band mates. I would rather not see Axl come back and have the good old GNR memories to look back on instead of it being whitewashed by embarassing tours and performances with a nu-band that might not have the chops of Slash & Co. Nothing could hurt more because I really care for Axl and wish he is doing the right thing not just for himself, but for his fans, because his fans are a big part of his success. To see him come back and not be successful/be an embarassment would further divide his fan base and over-do the successes of the old GNR which has stood the test of time.

The most I can expect is for nu-GNR at the moment is sales of a few platinum (3-5) plus 3-4 songs comparable in their success as November Rain, WTTJ and SCOM and PC. Anything less than that would be a slap in the face of fans like me who have been waiting for years and have beared Axl's hestitations and sporadic appearances and hype.

In the meantime, , I am more excited to see the GNR coverband "AFD" in NYC's BB Kings on March 10th than the nu-GNR, until I know where I can find some of the musical hype of the nu band. NOthing says GNR to me more than the pissed off, cip on shoulder Axl and Slash and Izzy and Duff and Steven from 1986-1990.

Cool
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

I like the leaks but I still say his voice has changed. I mean the man himself admitted to it at the Korn party. "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."
when he said this.. i think he wasnt refering his voice... he was refering his style...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

hihi

nope, I always liked the way Axl handled the things.... Who haves the balls these days to not show up to a concert? there can be only one? hihi

It adds to the excitement... "oh my god....he doesnt show up!!!........where is he??? why is he taking so long!!??...the show should've started like 33 minutes ago!........"

and then:

crowd will go nuts!!! Excitement is everything.... It's part of his image........like it or not....

You'll either see the greatest rock show.....or you'll see........flying chairs..

Yeah, it's real fucking great until the no-show happens at the show you're at rant
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »

hihi

nope, I always liked the way Axl handled the things.... Who haves the balls these days to not show up to a concert? there can be only one? hihi

and then:

Yeah, it's real fucking great until the no-show happens at the show you're at rant

I feel ya....  Cry

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: