Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R confirmed to play at Download Festival
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R confirmed to play at Download Festival  (Read 11468 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 05:46:17 PM »

I dont believe it!! I have a metallica ticket 4 that night (11th) in Dublin...

Please god let gnr play in Dublin this summer

Sell it on e-bay and go Download Wink

Just remember i signed up to go on the dole while i'm unemployed.....

.....i know i'd get money from somewhere Grin
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 05:46:48 PM »

yes, very cool, I wish they'd come to The Netherlands? tho beer

Yeah it's too bad that none of the really big festivals are happening this year, well except for Waldrock. I sent the promoters an email requesting details about the line up but they won't say anything until they have like 85% of the bands are confirmed? Undecided
Arrowrock is adding an extra festival date:

www.arrowrockfestival.nl

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »

should i admit that i have a fooking bon jovi ticket for wembley on the 11th! argh! im goin with gf and family and have a bloody hotel booked!!! argh!!!! so yes, normally i could just ditch the jovi and just do gnr, but now what?!!??!?!

Back In Power
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2006, 06:25:47 PM »

why would anyone go to a bon jovi concert in the first place?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2006, 06:27:37 PM »

why would anyone go to a bon jovi concert in the first place?
Because despite all the haters they ARE a good Pop/Rock band.

should i admit that i have a fooking bon jovi ticket for wembley on the 11th! argh! im goin with gf and family and have a bloody hotel booked!!! argh!!!! so yes, normally i could just ditch the jovi and just do gnr, but now what?!!??!?!
What's your job?

Couldn't you get called away on a business meeting?
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2006, 06:28:47 PM »

As the gig may be cancelled because Wembley Stadium may not be finished... Cry

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Elrothiel
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:38 PM »

*sniggle* Bon Jovi... you're going to see BON JOVI INSTEAD OF GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES!!!!??

Oh dear. Oh dear dear dear. *kicks nuts*

Sorry. But that had to be done. hihi

Cancel that fuckin' fake pop band gig, cancel the hotel, and take your GF and family TO DOWNLOAD!!!

And it looks like you'll have to anyway... look at what Judge Dredd said!!
badapple81
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2006, 07:23:18 PM »

I feel for you! I'm a massive Bon Jovi fan and hope they come to Australia. I'd take GNR over Bon Jovi cos I've never seen Axl and it's my lifes dream. But if you already have the ticket, I think there will be other chances to see GNR  Wink

Bon Jovi were the last gig at the old Wembley and will the first at the new.. very cool  Cool
Danieljones343
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2006, 07:42:19 PM »

I also have tickets for BonJovi but am going to sell them now! No way am I missing my first ever oppertunity to see GNF'R's! My mate will be gutted he'll be going to wembley on his own but what can you do!

Any1 wanna go with him ? lol
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2006, 10:35:53 PM »

chinese democracy.....starts now  Wink

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 07:27:12 AM »

I just found this over at nme.com

Guns N' Roses make UK return
Festival appearance confirmed
Guns n' Roses have been confirmed to headline the Download 2006 festival.

The band will join the already announced Metallica at the top of the bill for the summer event, which is set to take place at Donington Park between June 9-11.

The festival will provide the only UK shows for the two bands.

Guns n' Roses will take to the stage on the Sunday (June 11), while Metallica will play the previous night.

The last time Axl Rose and co graced Donington was in 1988, where they played in front of over 100,000 fans following the release of their seminal album 'Appetite for Destruction'.

Rose said of the appearance: "The UK and Europe have always been special for me. After our last great shows there, we are all very excited and looking forward to getting back over there and in front of such great audiences."

He added: "Donington has always meant a lot to me personally, way before I ever played there. To be asked to headline is for me an honour and a privilege that none of us take for granted. We look forward to seeing all of you at Download!"

Guns n' Roses are expected to showcase new songs from their long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album, which has been over ten years in the making.

As well as the two confirmed headliners, the bill for Download 2006 now includes Korn, The Prodigy, Deftones, Clutch, Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine, Lucuna Coil, InMe, Hatebreed and Within Temptation.

For ticket availability go to NME.COM/Gigs.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2006, 07:34:45 AM »

Yeah it's too bad that none of the really big festivals are happening this year, well except for Waldrock. I sent the promoters an email requesting details about the line up but they won't say anything until they have like 85% of the bands are confirmed? Undecided

www.arrowrockfestival.nl

yes, but they can't travel that fast from Dublin to Holland in one day? And set up the stage and things?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2006, 07:38:20 AM »

www.arrowrockfestival.nl

yes, but they can't travel that fast from Dublin to Holland in one day? And set up the stage and things?

they don't have to set up stage since holland is a festival. so yeah they can travel that fast...they did it in 2002 with Leeds and Pukkelpop shows, so they can do it now too....hey..if i can travel those 2 countries in 2 days...then surely they will be able to Wink

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2006, 07:42:07 AM »

The Download site now confirms they are closing the show on the Sunday night!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2006, 08:01:11 AM »

Axl atually spoke to NME? awsome! that means he's aware of a tour! And at least he can't say again that the european tour was booked by his manager alone.

Chinese Democracy!
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2006, 08:05:30 AM »

Axl atually spoke to NME? awsome! that means he's aware of a tour! And at least he can't say again that the european tour was booked by his manager alone.

But he can say someone's got inner bleeding just like Buckethead. In retrosperspective that was a real big lie!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2006, 08:50:55 AM »

The rumor of them playing at arrowrock is getting stronger, I heard that waldrock had been pushed back because guns might playing arrowrock. I got it from a pretty reliable source.... Smiley
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »

The rumor of them playing at arrowrock is getting stronger, I heard that waldrock had been pushed back because guns might playing arrowrock. I got it from a pretty reliable source.... Smiley

so they could play on 10 juni at Arrows classic rock???

hmm doubt it,,, but one can hope./  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
anythinggoes
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2006, 09:07:07 AM »

I just found this over at nme.com

Guns N' Roses make UK return
Festival appearance confirmed
Guns n' Roses have been confirmed to headline the Download 2006 festival.

The band will join the already announced Metallica at the top of the bill for the summer event, which is set to take place at Donington Park between June 9-11.

The festival will provide the only UK shows for the two bands.

Guns n' Roses will take to the stage on the Sunday (June 11), while Metallica will play the previous night.

The last time Axl Rose and co graced Donington was in 1988, where they played in front of over 100,000 fans following the release of their seminal album 'Appetite for Destruction'.

Rose said of the appearance: "The UK and Europe have always been special for me. After our last great shows there, we are all very excited and looking forward to getting back over there and in front of such great audiences."

He added: "Donington has always meant a lot to me personally, way before I ever played there. To be asked to headline is for me an honour and a privilege that none of us take for granted. We look forward to seeing all of you at Download!"

Guns n' Roses are expected to showcase new songs from their long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album, which has been over ten years in the making.

As well as the two confirmed headliners, the bill for Download 2006 now includes Korn, The Prodigy, Deftones, Clutch, Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine, Lucuna Coil, InMe, Hatebreed and Within Temptation.

For ticket availability go to NME.COM/Gigs.

?

not of much interest but that same interview is posted in kerrang which came out today with the advert for download saying Guns N Roses but no mention of the mew leaked tracks how far in advace does the magazine get printed ?
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2006, 10:42:03 AM »

But he can say someone's got inner bleeding just like Buckethead. In retrosperspective that was a real big lie!

Hehehe.  ok

Well, he lives. He gives statements.

Why the fuck can't he type down a few lines and put it online. Geez, that would take him just MINUTES. no

Restraint is for suckers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: